Need bathroom wall color to match blue floor tile, sink, toilet please
adrienneham
I removed wallpaper from my powder room and plan to paint. I am currently repairing the drywall and desperately need help with a color scheme to match the blue tile, toilet and sink. I don't know what shade to call the blue so pictures are attached. I also plan to replace the toilet paper holder, all lights (sconces and ceiling), all hardware (toilet, sink, towel rack) plus get a new door. Thanks in advance!
sstarr
Looks like very pale blue. Also, it looks like a tiny bathroom... almost no space at all between sink and toilet. And so, keeping interest in the space becomes more important. In a small bathroom, there are great opportunities to play up the character of the house, create vignettes, and otherwise accentuate the tininess in a way that creates interest.

And so, I would start by painting or tiling this space in a very strong color, pick one. Almost everything goes with pale blue. You could go dark with a chocolate brown, deep magenta or blue.

When you finish painting it, pay more attention to accessories than you would with a larger bath. A tiny shelf with a small shell collection? Folded, embroidered hand towels? Small black-framed prints of Venice? Something....
0 Likes   June 21, 2013 at 6:27PM
nwduck
If it's got a good bathroom fan, you could do something really striking with a good wall paper. (Have a small bathroom used daily, invested in good paper. It lasted 15 years with no seam splits, nada. Just got tired of it.)
1 Like   June 21, 2013 at 6:48PM
Amy Wax
This is easy and fun; get the Color 911 app which is instant help with colors. It is full of color themes. find one with a color that is already in the room that can't be changed or simply scroll through the themes to find one you like and you are ready to go. Now that you have the color theme for guidance, you can find the colors for the rest of the room: wall color.. towel color.. you name it! Color911.com I highly recommend it!
0 Likes   June 21, 2013 at 6:53PM
I would paint a dark navy blue with chrome hardware. Chrome is timeless and would give it some bling! A beveled unique mirror. I think I would dry wall over that soapdish/toothbrush holder built in the wall. New chrome sconces, Crisp white towels monogrammed in Navy.
2 Likes   June 21, 2013 at 7:00PM
lorik914
I wouldn't use blue at all for a wall color. Try color that makes the blue toilet go away. Actually could you replace the blue toilet? You could use a silver wallpaper that put lots of light in the room too.
0 Likes   June 21, 2013 at 7:12PM
Genevieve
My idea would be to paint the walls the exact same blue of the toilet and sink then add brushed chrome to it and towels either white or the same blue ,to help you visualize this idea of mine I have found this .

California Cool in the Castro-Bathroom

Contemporary Curve Brushed Steel 24" Wide Bathroom Light Fixture

Delta 75124-SS Dryden 24" Towel Bar in Stainless

Delia Shades' Custom Solar Shades in "Star Jali" pattern

its very difficult to see the blue of your bathroom ,I'm just guessing on this but if you get a paint swatch you can match it ,here is mine

Fantasy Blue 716

Classic Chain Towels by Matouk

Thornbury Flushmount No. 6806
0 Likes   June 21, 2013 at 7:14PM
Come on Genevieve- where is the wild side?
1 Like   June 21, 2013 at 7:16PM
Genevieve could be on to something;)
1 Like   June 21, 2013 at 7:18PM
Genevieve
Not enough room to be wild on this one Margo:) I need to control the wild side in me :))
0 Likes   June 21, 2013 at 7:21PM
Genevieve
What sort of door are you looking for ? Shower or entrance?
0 Likes   June 21, 2013 at 7:22PM
adrienneham
Thanks so much for all the comments. I'm not sure the color shows well in the pics. The blue may be darker than the pics show. I purchased a new Dresden Blue toilet seat and have to return it b/c it is way too light. I think I'd like to paint the baseboard white (which would go nicely with a dark paint as some of you have mentioned). This is in my downstairs and the room leading to this powder room has a really cool slate floor and some nice dark wood paneling. I was thinking of a dark wood door (?). There is no shower. The space is pretty tiny.
0 Likes   June 21, 2013 at 7:42PM
adrienneham
I will check tomorrow during daylight but think the Fantasy Blue color is very close. Maybe I can also add a pic of the slate if it's important that they (slate, entrance door to powder room and blue tile) blend (?).
1 Like   June 21, 2013 at 7:49PM
Genevieve
if you get a door I suppose that you have other doors that will need to match ,if that's the case then get an unfinished door paint the outside to match the others but keep the inside white ,you be the judge of it I'm just trowing ideas at you :)
0 Likes   June 21, 2013 at 7:54PM
nwduck
I don't know your experience level with drywall repair, but if repairs are not done really well by simply painting the repairs may show more than you like. You may want to talk to your paint store about using a paint with texture added to mitigate any imperfections.
0 Likes   June 21, 2013 at 8:21PM
Installing dark tile floor/walls in small bathroom, what color toilet?
Small bathroom with double copper sinks in a wood cabinet,...
bakewoman
Bathroom toilet and sink color match???
I was wondering if a Toto (soft white) toilet and kohler...
trdismuke
Need paint color to match bathroom floor mosaic tile
What paint color would work best with this mosaic floor...
Steve G.
Living room & kitchen color help
So moms' dining room is this orange color. It's really...
lizzy313
Where does one find a curved sofa?
Trying to re do my living room.
Kathleen Cahill
Kitchen lighting over sink
Help! We can't figure out the best lighting to put...
nattidd
Stove & sink layout complicated because of low window
Hi! I've been lurking around here for a year and am...
L W
Seeking comments on countertops and backsplash for our kitchen
We have been waffling between Carrara marble, Statuary...
summitsittin