Help- what color paint/ details for old concrete block farm house?
bsmithmd
Old cinder block house on 100 acre farm. Needs paint- any recs on color and detail? Metal roof.
I would love to see your house all white with that metal roof. I think it would be a perfect accent to your surroundings.

If white is too unimaginative for you, look at BM Vale Mist. Gorgeous with the open field.
Reviving a bland mid-century ranch in Muttontown
Eclectic Living Room
June 23, 2013 at 6:47am      Thanked by bsmithmd
A medium gray tones would fit better.
June 23, 2013 at 6:55am      Thanked by bsmithmd
sunbev
I have been doing some thinking about your house and I came up with this.Sherman Williams Quartersawn Oak for the body of the house and Sw Palisade for the section of the front from the left corner to the first set of double windows. This will bring out the section by your front door and break up the long expanse of your home.Then trim the windows and front door w/ Quartersawn for continuity (beef up the front door with wide wood trim) I would use the Palisade for the trim on the small windows to make them not stand out. The long set of windows I would trim the out side of the total windows Palisade and the vertical sections between them with SW Black bean (this would make it look like large windows instead of 2 and 9. The garage doors would be Palisade The trim would be Quartersawn. You could paint your front door just about any accent color, but the color you have would look great. ( these are a couple of Rustic Farm Home colors) I would put something to the right of the door (Old farm house light, hose #'s in black and may be a bench seat ,putt a large metal wall decor over it, large planters (wooden 1/2 barrels) on each side of the front door= in them you could put Alberta spruce or rose bushes ) I don't know if you can imagine all this, but copy your hose picture and draw and color all these items on it and see if you like the whole idea. I feel that this would put your house as part of the landscape yet bring in the old farm house look. Even then you could make the roof a red tin one. Just my thoughts and ideas it is yours for the taking or leaving. Enjoy your choices it is your home which will preferably not get painted again for a long time.
June 23, 2013 at 8:35am        Thanked by bsmithmd
Need Paint color help for front door & concrete block area.
One of the many things I love about my house is the...
Help me design my 100 year old Farm house parlour (living room)
I have a room I would like to start painting then decide...
Help with curb appeal on 1915 old farm house
Hey Houzzers! I need some help with curb appeal....
What color to paint outdoor concrete block walls
We have just started completely redoing our backyard....
Bedroom help
I ordered a chocolate brown bedroom set... What would...
Should I replace the cabinets?
I bought a house from the 60s. Wallpaper, shag carpet,...
Giant Gator Art?
First, thank you to GroverAxle who helped me get started...
Benjamin Moore Aura
On the Benjamin Moore website, they claim that any...