What to do with a baby blue bathroom
tantzi
I have baby blue tiles and fixtures in my 1960's bathroom. Any suggestions on a paint color? White is boring, dark blue was depressing.
Wyland Interior Design Center
Are you keeping the floor, counter tops, etc? I see the paint swatches and painting. I'm assuming that you are keeping the painting and what to work around it and the tile, correct?
June 23, 2013 at 2:58pm   
HERE Design and Architecture
I would try wallcovering - it can allow for more variety in the color, which I think this bathroom needs, and a greater sense of depth and space.
June 23, 2013 at 3:09pm      Thanked by tantzi
anne dee
June 23, 2013 at 3:23pm        Thanked by tantzi
anne dee
As suggested wall paper to coordinate your blue tiles Inspiration pic

June 23, 2013 at 3:28pm        Thanked by tantzi
Genevieve
You can try grey and as anne dee suggested wallpaper add navy blue towels or white

Light French Gray Paint
Gable Stripe Wallpaper, French Blue
June 23, 2013 at 3:33pm      Thanked by tantzi
Matilda Bos Design Studio
Hi....It's hard to see what the floor is, but I agree with anne dee wallpaper will tie everything together.
June 23, 2013 at 3:39pm      Thanked by tantzi
collettec
Some additional ideas for wallpapers to consider. Both black and white and blue and white. http://www.spoonflower.com/fabric/657972 http://www.spoonflower.com/fabric/1507729 http://www.spoonflower.com/fabric/1120906 http://www.spoonflower.com/fabric/1507640

For a paint color, perhaps a cream color.
anne dee
@collettec that blue chevron stripe would look quite nice I think.
June 23, 2013 at 3:43pm        Thanked by tantzi
747.2fra
I like the chevron stripe idea. You could also go bold with a orange or coral depending. Or even match the blue to make it blend in.
June 23, 2013 at 3:48pm        Thanked by tantzi
Keitha
A retro wallpaper or maybe a stencil technique could give it a boost and look awesome!
June 23, 2013 at 3:49pm        Thanked by tantzi
lntrcrts
The mirrors and light fixtures are cute also the towel bars. If you did keep the white up top, you can easily pick out some white/gray glass tiles. Or you can get rid of the tiles and just paint it gray. Either way it will match the floor also.
June 23, 2013 at 3:54pm      Thanked by tantzi
Mark
Paint your mirrors and cabinet dark brown or espresso color, get a bathmat with brown and blue, dark brown towels. http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/1/1/135435-mystique-bath-rug.html
June 23, 2013 at 3:57pm        Thanked by tantzi
tantzi
Wow! Thank you all so much. I just wish I had found Houzz BEFORE I painted the vanity white. It used to be dark brown. Ugh. You are all wonderful.
June 23, 2013 at 4:19pm     
motownmom
You could use a paintable wallpaper. There was an article here on houzz that inspired me to use tin-tile type as my backsplash, and beadboard style on my kitchen cabinet & drawer facings. Link to article here:

I see you were playing with yellow paint swatches, I personally LOVE yellow & blue together. You could get a paintable wallpaper (I've seen it a Lowe's and Home Depot) and choose one of the yellows you like. It would add texture and color. There are far more types than just the tin-tile and beadboard.
June 23, 2013 at 4:26pm      Thanked by tantzi
Wyland Interior Design Center
1). Paint color: How about Sherwin Williams Paint SW 0066 Cascade Green on the other three walls. Photo#1.

I know you ask only for paint, but I couldn't resist.

2). On the wall with the mirrors, install tile mosaic above the blue tile to the ceiling, similar to tile mosaics I have posted below in Photo 2 . Photo 4- A example of where I did this on a bathroom project.

3). Consider changing out the floor tile to something new that is a lighter travertine looking porcelain tile, then adding a tiled rug in front of the vanity inserting a border strip of the same glass mosaic to floor.

4). Consider replacing counter top with Pental Glass2 / Color: Coral Blue which you could add a LED light from underneath for a dramatic statement. Photo-3

4). Accessorize the bathroom with towels, small bath mat by shower, candles, artwork , basket of soaps all in the combinations of the same colors.
June 23, 2013 at 4:52pm        Thanked by tantzi
Jayme H.
Yes, Mark has a great idea..I did that in my bathroom when we moved in...blue floors, blue walls...the brown worked well!!
June 24, 2013 at 8:23am        Thanked by tantzi
tantzi
Great ideas! Thank you so much. My funds are very limited but I'm going to check into that mosaic idea.
June 29, 2013 at 12:49pm     
kathleen MK
My sister in law has that 60's blue tile and painted the walls a sandy tan color then added chocolate brown accessories and it looks great, like Mark's ideas. Shower curtain, towels and mat are a quick easy fix and cheaper at Anna's Linens than at Bed,Bath and Beyond my budget.
June 29, 2013 at 1:18pm      Thanked by tantzi
mpoulsom
I like your blue tile and white! Just add some tans (sand color) and make it all beachy! Looks clean and crisp! I think I would mainly look for some new flooring and save up for that!
June 29, 2013 at 2:02pm      Thanked by tantzi
mpoulsom
]

I know that the blue and whites are in opposite places on the wall from yours, but you could just do a strip of mosaic glass tile above your existing blue tile for some variety.
June 29, 2013 at 2:06pm      Thanked by tantzi
wallysgirll
All great ideas--it will be fun to see what y ou come up with!
June 29, 2013 at 2:45pm        Thanked by tantzi
pjprather
I love dark brown (as suggested before) it is a very smart look. Brown and blue together is so pretty!
June 30, 2013 at 6:09am      Thanked by tantzi
debd59
Just a thought: a friend of mine bought a house and the bathroom had GREEN tile. He bought paint, specifically made to go over tile (he chose white) and it looked like a new bathroom when he was done.
July 5, 2013 at 5:38am   
Bathroom with Baby Blue tile and fixtures
What color can I paint my bathroom with baby blue tiles...
decorate kids bathroom the wall is baby blue vanity brown please help!
The vanity is brown with white toilet and sink,mirror...
Baby blue tile bathroom
Don't know what color to paint the walls. Looking to...
Dark Blue Ceramic tile in bathroom - Beach Home, what to do?
Hello everyone, first post! I am purchasing a home...
Need kitchen cabinet help for a tiny kitchen
I am purchasing a small cottage with a tiny kitchen....
Great room is dark - should I paint ceiling?
My great room is large 15 X 20 but dark. My husband...
need help in my kitchen
My floors cannot be changed, they are terra stone....
Can anyone help me find this color?
I have been looking for a color like this for my living...
Help with my Kitchen!
Don't know what to do with my kitchen! Help please!...