Foyer finishing help!
ckcampo
This extra large foyer has been such a dilemma. Photos show how it's evolved but it still isn't quite right. Ideas please?
njxero
Hi I really like your rug. I saw a picture recently where they put a beautiful round pedestal table in the middle of the foyer - it really made the room come together.
June 24, 2013 at 4:55am     
For me it's the blue walls that are throwing it off. If you painted the walls a deep beige I think it might work better.
June 24, 2013 at 4:57am     
varonjy
I would add a (beige) couch and a coffeetable (golden & glass)
June 24, 2013 at 5:00am   
handymam
Gorgeous window and floors! I like the idea of a round table in the middle and some armless chairs against the walls.
June 24, 2013 at 5:04am     
Sharon
Not sure if its my monitor, is the chair blue?
June 24, 2013 at 5:28am   
Amy Wax
It looks to me like the bottom half of the room is colorful with style, and the top half just blends in with all one color. A couple of suggestions. First of all I would find the colors in the rug. You can use the Color911 app . Find the rug colors with the camera /pull all the colors from your photo feature and save them in your iPhone or iPad, then shop with these colors with you. I would replace the light blue chair with something with the same colors as in the rug, even a small print would work. If you want a table in the middle it should be a glass top to show of your beautiful rug. I would also add a warner color for your ceiling, a cream rather than a white, up against the bright white trim. Lastly what about hanging artwork in the hallway at the end of the hall to draw your attention in? It looks like an empty gallery.
You have great elements to start with - keep it going!
June 24, 2013 at 5:34am     
smugsy1122
Where did you get that rug? It is the exact color scheme and style I'm looking for in my dining room.
June 24, 2013 at 5:36am     
ckcampo
The chair is a beige/off white. Thx for the comments so far.
June 24, 2013 at 5:50am     
What some seem to think is a window appears to me to be a mirror which so nicely repeats the medallions of your suzani patterned rug. I would like to see the mirror, if it is such, moved to over the console, along with a pair of elegant lamps. Then the shell art could move to the far wall but will need a couple more framed pieces to go with it.

A bench would also be nice in the hallway, and I'd like to see that wall painted a light orange color, perhaps SW Chivalry Copper.
Slim 1 Light Tall Table Lamp Colette Bench | Crate&Barrel
June 24, 2013 at 5:53am     
I think I would like the foyer painted the clay color in the rug. I would like to see the mirror up against a dark chocolate wall.Use the blue color in the rug for accent pieces.
June 24, 2013 at 6:03am     
tennisanyone
A few things I would change. the wall color. It is not strong enough to go with that beautiful rug. Powder blue is not the right shade. A more of a blue/gray. I would also move the mirror over the console table. The shell print is not strong enough either. And a beautiful chandalier too.
June 24, 2013 at 6:21am     
Brenda
A second chair with a round accent table between them, another console table or chest of drawers for under the raised up mirror, and a grander light fixture.
June 24, 2013 at 6:29am   
juliegalea
i would consider adding a round table in the middle of the room....this would be the catchall for keys and mail and also help to anchor the room and fill in the void of empty space that seems to be the issue... also consider hanging a larger light fixture over it... that would help to add a more softer lighting ambience and connect the table (kinda visually) to the ceiling.... in this case height adds to the glamour and grandeur... good luck!
June 24, 2013 at 6:31am   
My 2 cents! Raise the round mirror and place your foyer console under it. If the mirror is wider than 75% of the console's width this may not look balanced, so measure first. Add a round foyer table in the center of the space with a large and stunning floral arrangement that picks up your rug colors and a striking chandelier above it. This table should be as large as or larger than the round mirror. Paint the foyer walls in the rich chocolate and the hallway wall in the grayed or blue color from the rug. Add a leather gallery bench at the stairwell wall instead of the chair, and begin a full gallery wall with your seashell pic on the opposite side of the space.
Foyer
Doni Flanigan Interior Design Artist.
Regina Andrew Tufted Gallery Bench in Vintage Cigar Brown Leather
June 24, 2013 at 6:34am     
izzifly
I would move the table where the chair is, put a large armoir for coats where the table is and the chair next to it. Maybe a coat hanger or umbrela stand ?
June 24, 2013 at 6:37am   
Studio M Interior Design
I would add a chandelier and lose the chair. Think about purchasing a small round table (36'') to put in the middle of the room. Accessorize with objects of varying heights and color. Colors should stay consistent with the room but don't be afraid to add some pop :) I have attached a sample of a table as well as a chandelier from one of my recently completed projects. I hope this helps!!
June 24, 2013 at 6:59am     
carolins
If you add a really eyecatching chandelier and put a round pedestal table right under it, that would fill the large space and make it more impressive.
Good luck.
June 24, 2013 at 7:03am     
sharpkl
I agree with the above comments suggesting table in center of foyer. The large back wall seems to be the first thing one sees when entering the foyer so it needs something to break the line of vision.
I also think the blue walls need to be grayed down more like the rug.
I think you are going to have a spectacular foyer. Love the rug if you can get the rest right. Right now the rug overpowers the room.
The small table should look fine on the back wall possibly with the mirror above it.
June 24, 2013 at 7:23am   
I like carolins' idea of a round pedestal table with a chandelier above it. Because of the ceiling height, which appears to be 8 or 9', the chandelier will have to be somewhat shallow such as the one below. I would use a 42" diameter table. I'd still like to see a bench in the hallway under the mirror.
Hudson Table by Hickory Chair Artic Pear Chandelier
June 24, 2013 at 7:46am     
carolins
Thát, Carolyn, is a lovely chandelier!
June 24, 2013 at 9:11am     
carolins
I do like the chair, but it disappears against the light blue background. So I was thinking that you could neatly fold a throw (or large scarf) and hang that over the back of it, tuck a rectangular small pillow in... (as in the first 2 pictures)
Katerina Tana Design
Charmean Neithart Interiors, LLC.

Orange/Red Damask Throw
Black and White Striped Pillow

(I think I meant a shawl and not a scarf. Ah well..).
June 24, 2013 at 9:22am     
lin15
Does it need to stay right on the wall? I would move it in a bit and pic one of the colors from your rug and have a pillow made with contrasting fringe trim. Also a nice living green plant... to break up the blue. Perhaps behind the chair.
June 24, 2013 at 9:27am     
Vivian
I would paint the walls a grey to do with the grey in the rug. I think you have enough circles without adding anymore. I think you need some larger pieces of furniture that the feet are just within reach of the rug. Matching dark chairs in the corners and a great chandelier.
June 24, 2013 at 9:45am     
LB Interiors
June 24, 2013 at 9:52am   
Make and wander wood design exhibition
Hi, my work can bring you some inspiration?
July 6, 2013 at 5:22am     
mnglamourgirl
I like what you've got started. Instead of painting the walls, can you repaint the beautiful mirror? Maybe pull a color from the rug, like the brown or orange? This may help bring some drama/contrast to that back wall. I would also suggest creating a single focal point: place the console under the mirror and place the chair next to the console. Your side walls will feel a bit empty but look for additional art to compliment your existing piece or replace it with one big piece. Where your chair currently sits could remain empty, especially if you create the single focal point and add a big print. It's ok to have an empty place for the eye to rest. Over time, if that area just feels like it "needs" something, how about some floor hurricane candles? Some cool stacked trunks? A tall plant? Anything with a vertical feel to it may be all you need.

If moving the chair and console into the hallway would greatly impede traffic, then just swap walls. Move the mirror above the console, add the chair and then put the big print in the hallway. But I think the key is repainting the mirror if possible. A deeper color like the brown or orange may be all you need to add the oomph you're looking for.
July 6, 2013 at 5:59am     
tmpoperi
Nice rug. Where from?
July 6, 2013 at 6:07am   
jabber629
It really is gorgeous...LOVE to rug...could you tell me where I could purchase it?
July 6, 2013 at 6:48am   
Bonnie
Love the blue walls! So tired of beige and gray.... I like the mirror where it is but would add a center table with some fresh flowers, books and maybe a couple of chairs around.
July 6, 2013 at 7:05am     
Make and wander wood design exhibition
Hi, I am from China's personal furniture design, is preparing Etsy, waiting for it to audit. Now on Ebay U.S. (furniture, tables) have a similar auction. Thank, bless you!
July 6, 2013 at 7:16am   
Judit
beautiful foyer! ceiling should be painted cream
July 6, 2013 at 7:20am   
pattiegoode
What an awesome problem to have! lol Lucky you, ckcampo! Getting lots of good suggestions. What is the lighting situation right now? Personally, I love that mirror just clean & simple like it is. The chair seems to be against the wall when it doesn't need to be. And while I like the console, this would be the perfect opportunity to do a big, tall, imposing piece of furniture. Maybe an antique piece that you can make a hobby of shopping for at estate sales & flea markets. Yep, that's what I like to do! Have fun, you lucky duck! ;)
July 6, 2013 at 7:58am     
Nancy Walton
I would hang a really wonderful chandelier and put a beautiful round table underneath it with a sculpture on it. Would make a nice finish to your entry.
July 6, 2013 at 9:45am   
anne dee
Pic is posted for VISUAL and COMPOSITION only of how a round table(posted above)overhanging fixture might look in yr space.

(
July 6, 2013 at 10:33am     
ckcampo
Thank you for all of the wonderful suggestions. Though a table in the middle is likely the best choice I have 4yr old twins who love the freedom this room gives them to move swiftly about the house:).
Will keep you posted on the rooms evolution.
July 6, 2013 at 11:04am     
marybyrne
ckcampo this is a beautiful foyer, I love the wall color, such an open airy feeling. Know wonder your twins love it.
July 6, 2013 at 1:43pm   
mkmort
Maybe a large round leather ottoman? Kid friendly - but will slow them down like a speed bump.
July 6, 2013 at 1:47pm     
doctornancy
I realize you are not wanting a center table, but this turned out so pretty, I wanted to share.
July 6, 2013 at 2:05pm     
ruthieagibson
I think a console table under the mirror would work well. The chair seems a little out of proportion for that spot maybe something smaller in a darker tone from the rug ( which is really nice )
July 8, 2013 at 10:06pm   
KADesign Inc.
Definiitely a larger hanging fixture and a console or long bench. What do you have on the other walls?
July 8, 2013 at 11:02pm   
ckcampo
Console and picture on other wall (see original pcs) I've added an orange garden stool wchair. And considering orange drum fixture. Ceiling is not high enough for hanging chandelier as I'm not adding round table until kids are older:)
July 9, 2013 at 7:08am     
pattiegoode
Ok, so - no center table or light fixture. Just to try it, will you move the console table you have to the wall under your awesome round mirror, please? And take a pic for us?
July 9, 2013 at 9:56am   
I am completely in love with that rug!
July 9, 2013 at 10:04am     
ephouzz
Do you know the name and/or where to purchase the rugs?
September 21, 2013 at 7:57am     
Debp
You have a great start. Love your rug. Add a fabulous light fixture!!
September 21, 2013 at 8:27am   
Love rug with that great mirror. Put table you have in entry under mirror raise it up slightly . Remove all things from a nd add, baskets under it and on top tall pots 3 on one end only. In middle of rug a big round 36-38" dark wood table. On top ad a very tall 2 ft pearl white vase. Fill with shell like branches. Michaels sells ck pier one for vase. Put a turquoise with silver runner in center let hand over sides. If going for sea or beach three. Add big seashells,and coral, On runner grouped. On walls get another seashell pic. stack on that wall.low.onoppsite wall get one large 40 x40 oil no frame hang very low get in the subdued aquas,pale grays go those tones. Add a big palm where chair is. No furn . It's big but table in middle of room and big art will fill room don't over do. .
September 21, 2013 at 8:27am   
I see you can't stack sea pic just place center on wall with another one by side. Gold items on table now. Add to big table grouping. No lamp.
September 21, 2013 at 8:29am   
Debp
I like the simplicity of the mirror on the end wall. Maybe replace your chair with a bench. Keep the rug - so awesome!
September 21, 2013 at 8:29am   
When you move long table to mirror. Add a orange pot color from rug. To tie together.
September 21, 2013 at 8:30am   
New plan. No oil on opposite wall to small, leave bare just add palm to corner where chair is.
September 21, 2013 at 8:32am   
To ceiling light add a drum style 20" drop 24" from ceiling. In silver fabric. Or go on line google beach type chandelier, they have some that look like, what I said to add to vase a flat shell in a off white.
September 21, 2013 at 8:36am   
carbary
I really like what you have going on. I think a very large round table. You have beautiful taste so I'm not going to say a color. I would move the small library table into the hall under the cool white mirror perhaps the chair next to library table.
September 22, 2013 at 6:01pm   
Need Help w/ Foyer Light Finish
So I'm having a huge dilemma which finish to purchase...
Just finished the foyer now on to the powder room help need inspirati
Calling all creative humans with ideas on how to uplift...
Help me finish this foyer space
I've been looking for something to fill up my large...
Need help for my dark foyer Victorian era foyer.
I have a large dark foyer...lots of dark oak and very...
entryway
I have a dual staircase without enough room to put...
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...
Do you own a 2013 or 2014 heat pump?
I can't seem to decide it that's what we should have...
Siding for my 60's contemporary house
We are planing on putting vinyl siding on our 60's...
How important are coat closets.
I have two closets I'm thinking of removing from an...