Need help with the living room
parvathi87
I dont quite like our living room set up, I feel there is something seriously missing... I would like to add more color, but not sure how... I am planning to get throw pillows for the couch and a coffee table soon....but wht else should I do to make the room more lively..?I would love to hear all your suggestions...please help...
Looks like a "brown-out!" First off, that white wall is killing your space. I'd paint it in the sage green color from the rug. Then I'd pull some more colors from the rug and the art into the space via drapery panels, pillows & throws. Would be tempted to replace the blinds with fiber or fabric roman shades and stationary panels. That is where you can bring in some pattern. There's no sparkle here either, so consider some metal for the coffee table. The decor in your entertainment shelves is not capturing our attention either. Try 1/3 books, 1/3 decor items (larger is better or group smalls in threes) 1/3 open space. I'd try that sculpture from the top of it on the mantel with a large framed art piece. If that sculpture is copper, you might frame the art in copper and be on the lookout for copper in coffee table - that could even by a DIY project using copper pipe.
June 24, 2013 at 8:09AM      Thanked by parvathi87
parvathi87
Hello, thanks for ur suggestions.. I know..its a brown-out :(... the wall color is actually beige/cookie color... I am not looking to change the blinds soon...it will b a money consuming project..I am not quite ready for it yet.. But I so want to do it though..so right now, I am trying to do the less expensive things and make the room pretty as much as I can...
June 24, 2013 at 8:19AM   
Loom Decor
we suggest colorful throw pillows on the couch as well as a coordinating rug to pull color into this room.
June 24, 2013 at 11:09AM   
tennisanyone
You will see a big softness to the room with panels on the windows., even if you left the blinds for now. Skip the pillows and put your money into the panels. I agree l00% with deco. The room feels very masculine. Can you take a picture of the whole space. Do all the chairs have to face the TV? Is there a space for the chair and use it as a reading corner somewhere?
June 24, 2013 at 11:19AM   
joyce_6333
Could I ask about your rug?? Manufacturer or where you bought it? Thanks!!
June 24, 2013 at 11:20AM   
parvathi87
Hello, thanks for ur suggestions... I will look into doing the panels...
joyce_6333, the rug is from lowes.
June 24, 2013 at 11:24AM   
parvathi87
here is another pic, I am not sure if you still get the feeling of the entire space... I don't think there is room for a separate section as a reading corner... but any suggestions from you are very welcome...:)
June 24, 2013 at 11:28AM   
parvathi87
And what color would you suggest for the panels?
June 24, 2013 at 11:50AM   
Panel color would depend on what you paint on the walls.
June 26, 2013 at 8:03AM   
Groovywares.com
The room could also use some dimension and texture. Be sure that throw pillows have texture. A Curtis Jere type metal sculpture over the fireplace will provide drama, dimension, sparkle, and style. Brass or copper llooks wonderful over stone.
July 9, 2013 at 6:23AM   
Every house deserves a name
Does your house have one? Would you like it to? Please...
Which layout works better...
This is my basement family room. It will mostly be...
How much room is needed between cupboards and island?
Trying to put design on paper and not sure of what...
Very blue tiled retro blue bathroom
Need ideas for wall color & decor!! Any help would...
Still working on this art niche, lol!
Please see comment below for my current thoughts and...