Window treatment yes or no
Nancy Benedetto
June 24, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Our master to look out to a private backyard. Is it ok to leave the window without a treatment? Thanks.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Margo
I would either leave with nothing or a simple white wood blind.
June 24, 2013 at 9:44am        Thanked by Nancy Benedetto
Brenda
I would put some sort of window treatment on there ... even if it were just blinds.
June 24, 2013 at 9:45am        Thanked by Nancy Benedetto
Jayme H.
White plantation shutters.
June 24, 2013 at 9:46am        Thanked by Nancy Benedetto
libradesigneye
Yes, it is fine to leave it undressed. However, if you ever have yard workers or someone working in the yard and this was the only bathroom opportunity you can see the challenge. Lovely garden and I can see you want to keep the view from the shower, the natural light flowing in, etc. I suggest you obtain frost film, and frost only the lower half of the large element - you will still have clear glass on the top half and all the small narrow elements, but if you were naked you wouldn't feel that someone walking past would be revealing. Or, get the shades that function top down, so you can leave the top down halfway most of the time.
June 24, 2013 at 9:57am      Thanked by Nancy Benedetto
PRO
Loom Decor
leaving the window as is creates such a beautiful and peaceful scene. if you are concerned about privacy we suggest white plantations or simple blinds as well.
June 24, 2013 at 10:56am      Thanked by Nancy Benedetto
PRO
Colin Edward Slais, Architect, LLC
I suggest blinds or a shade that you can retract by pulling on a string so it rolls up horizontally to the top of the window. When you want the full window you can have the covering rolled all the way up, but can still roll it down when you need privacy.
June 24, 2013 at 11:06am        Thanked by Nancy Benedetto
PRO
PH Interiors, LLC
It's the perfect place to add some pattern and color - a fabric roman shade mounted up near the ceiling.
June 24, 2013 at 11:14am      Thanked by Nancy Benedetto
PRO
Decorview
White PalmBeach shutters would look great in your bathroom, and would allow you to keep your natural light while maintaining privacy and minimizing energy loss. These shutters are ideal because they are resistant to moisture and heat. Another great option would be to use sheer shades, which would add a soft touch to the room and keep the beautiful scenery. As PH Interiors suggested, roman blinds could add color or pattern to your bathroom, or you could choose a roman style woven wood blind to emphasize the natural colors in your bathroom. You can check out our bathroom projects for additional ideas. Good luck - you have a gorgeous bathroom!
June 24, 2013 at 11:27am        Thanked by Nancy Benedetto
PRO
Custom Decors by Angela
As others have mentioned, blinds, shutters, or a roman shade would all look great. Another option would be a solar roller shade. You can get them in fabrics that look like linen or grass-cloth. They let in lots of light, but give you some privacy. They vary in the amount of opacity. The more open the weave, the more light you'll get. While it's hard for a picture to capture the texture of the fabric, here's a photo of solar roller shades:

April 16, 2014 at 6:27am   
PRO
Hummingbird Designs
I would just use a textured ( patterned) clear glass ... Let's the light in but can't see in. Sorry one picture not the best :)
April 16, 2014 at 2:42pm   
PRO
SOLARIS
Www.solyxfilms.com. Lots of decorative options that will still allow light in while giving privacy. In many options like this we install an opaque film on the bottom half of the glass for privacy.
April 17, 2014 at 3:06pm   
More Discussions
Engineered marble or natural marble
Iwant white flooring in my house which marble is better...
Painting wood vs Laminate vs Vineer
Hi am doing the Kitchen for my new apartment. Its not...
Solar attic fan? Brands? Experience?
Considering a solar attic fan for vacation home. Gambrel...
Need kitchen help ideas
We are moving into a home we just purchased, we have...
LIGHTING FIXTURE FOR INSIDE SHOWER
CANNOT USE A RECESSED LIGHT. WHAT IS SAFE FOR INSIDE...
© 2014 Houzz Inc.
Houzz® The new way to design your home™