Landscape
Rebecca Wroblewski /ewald
Please help us landscape our back yard . No one will build behind us and I would like it to feel more comfortable . I would like some ideas on how to make it more inviting
What a wonderful park like setting. I think just softening the fence with flowering shrubs will be enough.
June 24, 2013 at 7:01PM     
Pretty yard. Plant some trailing vines on the chain link. I think you are standing on your deck facing out?

Wide stairs down to the yard. A straight edged path leading to a garden full of smaller trees, perenials, etc.
June 24, 2013 at 7:01PM   
Rebecca Wroblewski /ewald
Yes pic is from the deck the area behind he fence is wild life reserve , the problem is we have sun all day so I would love to add tree and shrub to give it warmth just no idea were to place them and what to place ;)
June 24, 2013 at 7:12PM   
Red Berm
I would create views into this "wild" by creating spaces with destinations. Maybe you could add some curving planters, varying groundcover and you might even be able to encroach on the land behind you and add some flowering shrubs...depending on the status of the land and owner requirements. It might be good to get a designer to lay out the bare bones of the landscape and you can fill it in with time. See attached pic for concept.
June 24, 2013 at 7:19PM   
Rebecca Wroblewski /ewald
Great idea ... I can add to the reserved land just not allowed to remove any ;) I love the idea of pathways would need a landscape pro for help definitely , I would like to start a bit on my own thinking maybe a few zelkova trees with some kind of evergreen tree that is a faster grow ?
June 24, 2013 at 7:24PM   
Red Berm
I don't know which zone you are in so I can't give you tree advice but I can say that you have plenty of trees there and I would hesitate putting in anything large because it would block the long view. I would create focal points maybe one or two trees with lots of character (see pics) but then divide by shrubs, and paths. Maybe a bird bath garden and a hummingbird garden and a reflection garden. Think rooms.
June 25, 2013 at 10:44AM   
DJSquire Designs
How about a shade structure or gazebo over at the fence edge on the right, near the large tree? Make it a destination, with a path leading you there, as Red Berm suggests. Great gazing spot to have afternoon tea.
June 25, 2013 at 12:04PM   
Rebecca Wroblewski /ewald
We are in zone 5 , thank you great idea I will add two trees with great personality on each side of the gate "on the outside " giving the feeling of entering into a new space perfect. So next bushes where shall I include them ?
June 26, 2013 at 6:03AM   
weathervanes
You have a wonderful backyard with the right accessory it can transform itself into a garden oasis. There are many unique pieces that can help beautify your place. For a start you can have my favorite item in the garden, a weathervane. There is a large selection of style you can choose from to compliment your home. You can also make use of rain chains and copper planters.
June 26, 2013 at 11:08AM   
back splash to coordinate with Caesarstone Calacatta Nuvo?
Our kitchen is being installed but I'm stuck as to...
vanity mirrors above double sink and a window in between them
I want to redo my master bath this would include doing...
1925 Dark Wood Trim: To Keep or Not to Keep?
So we are buying a home, and usually design comes very...
LANDSCAPING HELP! Front of house - Landscaping - Ashby, MA
The width of the house is 38'. The front yard is 105'...