Under Kitchen Cabinet Lighting Recommendations
karolinepc
I am having under cabinet lighting installed in my kitchen renovation. Any recommendations on brands of under cabinet lighting ? It is going to all be hard wired. Also looking for input on type of lighting to use. Need to make my purchase asap. Thanks!
Harding Construction & Sustainable Solutions
I would use LED low voltage tape lighting or LED puck lights. There are a lot of you tube videos on how to install this and where to find it for the best price if this is a DIY project. Unless you have a light rail molding built into the bottom of your upper cabinet the tape will most likely hide under the cabinet better than a puck. Good luck!
June 24, 2013 at 11:30pm      Thanked by karolinepc
ReMax - Lisa
I used LED small tracks that snap together in lengths of 12", from home depot. We are very happy with them and the lighting colour is not the cool blue, which I was afraid of, but a soft warm colour. They give off absolutely no heat so they are safe to leave on for a long time. The valance on the cabinets completely hides the small tracks. Love them!
June 25, 2013 at 1:01am      Thanked by karolinepc
karolinepc
Thanks! I meet with the electrician in about an hour and will share this thread with him!!!
June 25, 2013 at 6:13am   
Brenda
another recommendation for the snap together LED tracks
June 25, 2013 at 7:07am      Thanked by karolinepc
beverett1
I just had LED under cabinet lights installed that are Maxcor. The strips have a toggle switch of low and high as well as off. I have mine wired to a single light switch control so that I can turn all of them on and off in one spot. My electrician said he is going to install a dimmer switch for me so that I will have more lighting options. This is the first time I have had under counter lights and they make a huge difference. I just love mine and what they do for my kitchen!
June 25, 2013 at 7:14am      Thanked by karolinepc
Kitchen stovetop range-hood - should i go downdraft?
I am in the process of remodeling our kitchen. I am...
need help with design of master bedroom
My master bedroom is 6m long and 3,4 m wide ...do i...
Paint/lacquer match for Ikea high gloss grey.
I need to see if someone has matched the high gloss...
HELP THIS ROOM PLEASE!
This room is all wrong. I was obsessed with this zebra...