Under Kitchen Cabinet Lighting Recommendations
karolinepc
June 24, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I am having under cabinet lighting installed in my kitchen renovation. Any recommendations on brands of under cabinet lighting ? It is going to all be hard wired. Also looking for input on type of lighting to use. Need to make my purchase asap. Thanks!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Harding Construction & Sustainable Solutions
I would use LED low voltage tape lighting or LED puck lights. There are a lot of you tube videos on how to install this and where to find it for the best price if this is a DIY project. Unless you have a light rail molding built into the bottom of your upper cabinet the tape will most likely hide under the cabinet better than a puck. Good luck!
June 24, 2013 at 11:30pm      Thanked by karolinepc
PRO
ReMax - Lisa
I used LED small tracks that snap together in lengths of 12", from home depot. We are very happy with them and the lighting colour is not the cool blue, which I was afraid of, but a soft warm colour. They give off absolutely no heat so they are safe to leave on for a long time. The valance on the cabinets completely hides the small tracks. Love them!
June 25, 2013 at 1:01am      Thanked by karolinepc
karolinepc
Thanks! I meet with the electrician in about an hour and will share this thread with him!!!
June 25, 2013 at 6:13am   
Brenda
another recommendation for the snap together LED tracks
June 25, 2013 at 7:07am      Thanked by karolinepc
beverett1
I just had LED under cabinet lights installed that are Maxcor. The strips have a toggle switch of low and high as well as off. I have mine wired to a single light switch control so that I can turn all of them on and off in one spot. My electrician said he is going to install a dimmer switch for me so that I will have more lighting options. This is the first time I have had under counter lights and they make a huge difference. I just love mine and what they do for my kitchen!
June 25, 2013 at 7:14am      Thanked by karolinepc
More Discussions
Kitchen stovetop range-hood - should i go downdraft?
I am in the process of remodeling our kitchen. I am...
need help with design of master bedroom
My master bedroom is 6m long and 3,4 m wide ...do i...
Paint/lacquer match for Ikea high gloss grey.
I need to see if someone has matched the high gloss...
HELP THIS ROOM PLEASE!
This room is all wrong. I was obsessed with this zebra...
© 2014 Houzz Inc.
Houzz® The new way to design your home™