Exterior Paint Colors to go with Brown Roof

MicheleJune 25, 2013
I am at a loss. We are buying a house with a brown roof and peachy color siding. We want to paint the siding another color as we are not "peachy" people. The roof is only a couple years old so we are not planning on replacing it, there for a color change needs to happen. Help!
Kelly Robinson
What about pulling one of the deeper earth tones in the stone & painting that color, changing the shutters to black or the whitish trim on the rest of the windows. Do you have a photo that shows the stone a bit more close up?
1 Like    Bookmark   June 25, 2013 at 5:40AM
Michele
Hi Krobinsonnyc! Thanks so much for your thoughts. First time posting on here. We have never had a brown roof before. That is what I was thinking on the beige color range for the body. The brick has a creamy white in it, beige, a little darker brown and some places a wee bit of red. It is such a big project you don't want to mess it up!!!
1 Like    Bookmark   June 25, 2013 at 2:38PM
How about a sage green with charcoal gray shutters
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by Michele    June 25, 2013 at 2:50PM
Kelly Robinson
I like the beige or creamy white idea. I think it will really freshen it up.
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by Michele    June 25, 2013 at 2:56PM
Casey Tomlinson
I agree beige will definitely do great in your house. You can also try some earth tones to complement with the surrounding of your house.
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by Michele    June 25, 2013 at 2:58PM
Camel and gray - if you will paint the white window trim in the mid-tone gray family, lighter than the grout, and paint your siding in the camel family - a yellow based tan like sw macadamia should work well, then paint the shutters charcoal - sw classic french gray for test purposes. Do the garage door in the macadamia color.
That herringbone brick is gorgeous.

Light french gray for window and other white trim except for the entry pediment - these are true grays, not blue or brown or green grays. You can leave the pediment around the entry not gray if you want it to read out as creamy stone - take the lightest shade from the macadamia card and give it one coat - moderate white is a warm white - use this on the pediment around the front door. Then if you want to keep the rusty red front door, it will be a nice accent rather than too much of a good thing.

Here's the link to macadamia. You can switch easily around to the moderate white, or use the search button up top to get to the grays. Congratulations on your new home! http://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/SW6142-macadamia/
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by Michele    June 25, 2013 at 3:16PM
Michele
Thanks so much to each of you for taking the time to help me with the ideas on what to paint the house. I did look up the machadamia color and really do like it. Is the sw classic french gray also a sherman williams color? I will try and find it. Just can't wait to move beyond the peach color!!! Much Much Thanks!!!!!
1 Like    Bookmark   June 25, 2013 at 6:00PM
Exterior color for brown roof
I don't really like the exterior color of our new home....
mrios3
Exterior Paint Color/ Roof Color
I want to repaint the outside of my house, as well...
jeremyjones3
Diana Balicki
The blue has got to go! Exterior paint color help needed please
Hi! We just purchased this home. Brick and cream siding...
redbellybird
Need color for exterior of ranch with brown roof and gutter
I have a Colorado 1968 ranch home going to market and...
akdanielson1
Home exterior, please help!
This is the exterior of a little home that I have placed...
blahlala
Please help make my Master Bedroom beautiful!
Hi! I am trying to create a spa-like feel in my Master...
Karen Peters
BROWN! Exterior
Help, I have this amazing house with brown soffit,...
ajgpac
Asymmetric fireplace design
My current fireplace has a raised hearth that runs...
jeff1185
Need help on living room layout
Amateur designer and new home owners would love your...
extraoverflow