Rug dilemma
mazz80
I'm stuck on what color rug I should put in my lounge room. Any ideas?
Brenda
The room is carpeted, right? I wouldn't put an area rug in there. I would buy a coffee table, and replace the vertical blinds with drapery to get some color/pattern into the room.
June 25, 2013 at 7:10am     
I would go for a more neutral rug such as gray that compliments the red.
June 25, 2013 at 7:55am     
mazz80
Thanks guys. If I go with a gray rug what other colors can I add? eg. cushions, accessories, art?
June 25, 2013 at 6:11pm   
grannythedecorator
It's kind of difficult to see the colour of your furniture but it does appear that you have some green along with the red or raspberry....I'd start by putting a topper across your windows to add a punch of colour there....I too would remove the small carpet and replace it with a table....you can also check out antique stores or junk stores too because you may find something that would suffice and not cost you an arm and a let....if re-done properly, it could be very attractive....you could also add punches of colour in your cushions depending on what you choose for a topper....the topper will also soften that wall even though you have a blind...are there any lamps in the room or just ceiling light....the only thing with the ceiling lights is that they take away from the "ambience"....post some more pics if you can....have posted a pic from our home in FLA of the toppers....just an idea
June 25, 2013 at 6:23pm   
mazz80
My lounge is dark brown. I want to change the cushions I currently have with different colors but I'm not sure what colors to add? I am also going to remove the red rug but I want to replace it with another color because its looking very bare at the moment. Would I go with a dark brown coffee table?
June 25, 2013 at 6:36pm   
grannythedecorator
I wouldn't worry about another carpet just yet....I'd wait until you find a table and see how that looks first....people don't normally put a rug on top of carpeting unless there is a need for it other than a pop of colour...what colour walls do you have in adjoining rooms as that would help too....it's nice if each room flows into the next etc...."if" you have room for a square table that would be nice too....you can see the coffee table in the pic I included last night....it was actually a normal height table that my husband refinished (legs are black on it) and then shortened so that we could use it for a coffee table....our table in our family room here at home used to be a harvest table....it's one that people can feel free to rest their feet on but it too has been shortened to the right height so you may feel like looking in second hand stores around your area first before putting $ into a brand new table and sometimes with a little TLC you'll come out with a masterpiece....let me know what colours you prefer in your home and what you feel you are leaning towards...I don't mind having my brain "picked" as I do love decorating but our style here in our 168 yr. old home is more "French Upcountry" which is a combination of the antiques but with touches of the more up-to-date contemporary look....gradually we seem to be shifting from "just antiques"....anyway, if you're able, get back to me and let me know what is in your surrounding rooms....ttyl...
June 26, 2013 at 8:26am   
mazz80
So you think I should hold off on the rug? I'm looking at buying a dark brown coffee table to go with my lounge and entertainment unit? As for the colors in the adjoining rooms, i have charcoal feature walls in both bedrooms and the other walls are white?
Also, thank you letting me pick your brain....really appreciate it
June 26, 2013 at 8:40pm   
grannythedecorator
You're more than welcome to pick my brain, but I hate to tell you there isn't a lot to pick...lol!....I "think" your carpet looks like a light grey or tan but I think grey....why not go to a light grey/taupe colour for the walls....if you like a bright pallet, you could go with turquoise and orange accents (I've seen this in one of our son's places and it's beautiful) and if you prefer the softer tones, you could even go with much paler tones of the colours suggested...."if" your carpet is tan, you could still go with a tan/taupe and you could go with the same pickup colours if you wanted....if you prefer more muted colours, I'd go with ivory/tan/grey/taupe/soft green etc....
June 27, 2013 at 11:13am   
grannythedecorator
I should have asked you if your dining area was carpeted....if not....our son and his wife went with the "carpet" tiles in a chevron pattern with the burnt orange in them....they look really awesome...their diningroom is a dark grey with beautiful white trim and wainscotting/off white curtains...and then an off white rectangular contemporty light fixture....it's a beautiful room....
June 27, 2013 at 11:15am   
Laura Bohn Design Associates
Rug should be much larger as big as will fit, Grey would be nice.
June 27, 2013 at 11:27am   
Blinds Direct Canada
Love the accent wall !
June 27, 2013 at 2:14pm   
Persian Crafts
Dear
I am Faezeh from Persian handicrafts exporting co. I am glad to introduce you my company as a great manufacturer of hand woven Persian rugs and machine made Persian rugs since 1950.The rugs are in exclusive designs and various sizes. Please email me at: thepersiancrafts@gmail.com so we can mail you our catalogs.
This is my phone number:00989362907695
Special offers for all of our rugs and carpets:
1. Free delivery to your home or anywhere you like in 7 days.
2. The quality of rugs is guaranteed.
3. The rugs are returnable for 1 month.
4. All of the rugs are made out of the natural materials: herbal dying( Only handmade rugs)
5. No machine has been used in none of steps of producing the rug (Only handmade rugs).
6. Each rug has its own design and is woven only once, So each one is a unique (Only handmade rugs).
7. Machine made rugs can be supplied in different quantities and sizes.
Waiting for more cooperation
B. Regards
Faezeh Nasiri(Sales manager)
July 4, 2013 at 9:23am   
Kitchen Rug(s) Dilemma
I need some textiles in my kitchen. I would love to...
Major Rug Dilemma - still!
I hope I'm not wearing out my welcome with my rug issues...
Rug dilemma
I need help knowing what kind of rug would go with...
Entry/dining rug dilemma
My entry is next to my dining. I hate the "matchy-matchy"...
Rug Size Dilemma
What size rug would you get for this room? It is all...
POLL: Tiny Houses - Yes or No?
Do you see tiny houses and long to pitch your belongings...
What can I do with this wall???
Ceiling is very high...that was the largest clock,...
Need help for my kitchen
Hi I need help choosing a colour to paint above the...