Help!! need help trying to figure out furniture arrangement!!
Krista Jewell-Minifie
June 25, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Ok so this room is driving me crazy!!
Please try to look past the kids junk and kios of it as is. I am trying to figure out how the furniture should go. The room is long very narrow and has views out both windows. Unable to place tv on long wall, the house is made from concrete, so no changes can be made to that.
I am trying to figure out if i should have a full couch on long wall have a loveseat accross and club chair in between but not sure if would be too close together. I dont want to make any major $$ purchase at the moment, the leather lazy boy is my hubbies fav and i dont want to spend the $$ on something the kids will hurt.
I need as of right now, space for the kids toys. They are still young and play in that area alot.
Please help we have lived in this house for a year and it has been driving me crazy since day 1!! (house was empty when viewed it)
Please help

-----------------------------------------------------11.5/(Fireplace wall)
]
]18'
]

______Entry way is 3.5' wide

thanks!!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
jabber629
If I were you I would have the love seat running along the tile, with a coffee table in front. Then I would have the recliner at an angle next to the fireplace facing the chair. Dress up the windows, get a new slipcover and accent pillows and it would look like a brand new space! Hope this helped!
June 25, 2013 at 6:55pm      Thanked by Krista Jewell-Minifie
Krista Jewell-Minifie
I will try that, i have a new couch coming. I am going to ditch that ugly grey chair and maybe that will help too.
June 26, 2013 at 6:34pm   
Krista Jewell-Minifie
What would you suggest to dress up the windows with? The room can be kind of dark, we have covered deck around the house and dont get direct light in there untill evening. I dont want it to feel more closed in. Also i was thinking of placing an open bookcase beside the fireplace-do i have to put up 2 or i cani do one one the one side and a small telephone table on the other with a large frame or something? thanks
June 26, 2013 at 6:37pm   
jabber629
I would use drapes over sheer curtains to let light in. And then I would have 2 bookcases, not one and a telephone table, to give the room a sense of weight and balance.
June 26, 2013 at 7:04pm