I am dumbfounded......
mommiemoe
I recently upholstered my couch with this beautiful teal fabric. I also painted the walls.....top color is Ben Moore Waynesboro Taupe and the bottom is Silver Sage by Restoration Hardware.

So, what do I do with chair? keep? re-upholster? If re-upholster what color fabric? I also need help with a rug....??? color, solid, pattern??? And lastly, should I go with drapes or roman shades for the windows??? I included a picture of my foyer which I painted the same silver sage to create some continuity.

I am usually not this stuck, but I am STUCK!! Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
mommiemoe
sorry for typos!
June 25, 2013 at 7:21pm   
Your camel back sofa is too short for the wall as the dado is higher than the back of the sofa. I think you have a fireplace but a new photo would help…

If you want to keep that sofa, it will have to float in the room. The chair and ottoman dwarf the sofa, so I would suggest buying something else. Rug is something you can work with.

Hard to continue until you post a picture of the entire room, including the fireplace.

Marion Upholstered Dining Chair
Global Views "Olivia" Marble-Top Coffee Table
June 25, 2013 at 7:25pm     
mommiemoe
thanks for your help. I am keeping couch. I am also keeping chair rail. Couch looks petite in picture but it is full size. I have attached 2 more pictures hoping for you to get another sense of space. thanks again!
June 25, 2013 at 7:48pm   
Janis Aamodt
Try sofa in front of fireplace and two chairs or catty corner library table behind with lamps and floral try some blk in the room to anchor
June 25, 2013 at 7:52pm     
mroche40
I love the couch. I agree to move it in front of the fireplace. I like the rug that is pictured. Colors look rich. How about covering the chair in a solid fabric? Especially if using a patterned rug.
June 25, 2013 at 7:58pm     
kathleen MK
I am so glad to see a camel back because can't find anew to replace my worn out one.
June 25, 2013 at 8:01pm   
PaintColorHelp.com Dallas
The rug feels too heavy and formal to me for the more transitional look you appear to be moving towards. And if it has any teal in the pattern, I can't tell it from the photo. I'd look for a rug that has both teal and white; it will be fresher. The chair, replace or relocate. You need something smaller and probably in a solid, off white or linen color. Or, take more of a chance and get a chair(s) in whatever accent color you plan to mix with the teal - yellow, orange, lime, plum, etc.
June 25, 2013 at 8:20pm   
erasistible
I was thinking yellow chairs too! It looks bright and fresh when paired with teal.
June 25, 2013 at 8:25pm   
Sounds like the furniture arrangement is moving ahead. Agree on new chairs and rug. Meanwhile, style your bookcases with 1/3 books, 1/3 decor items and 1/3 open space. Decorate the rad cover as though it were a console table - lamps, books, flowers decor items - and flank it with a pair of chairs. What are you planning for the windows?
Mirrored Console Table
Stairway Detail 2
June 25, 2013 at 8:41pm   
rivegauche
For the windows, I think the roman shades or Hunter Douglas type bamboo window coverings.
June 25, 2013 at 8:42pm   
Amy Wax
I think you need a definitive color plan rather than looking at random pieces. I have an app called Color911 for color help. Within the app are many different color themes each with a different style. I suggest choosing a theme you like with your couch color in it and using it as a guide for your chair color or for any other accents in the room. Its really easy to use, have fun with it!
June 26, 2013 at 3:23am   
Any advice on shower options?
I have just moved into our new flat which has a lovely...
I need help with an exterior front!
We are building a home on a down sloping lot, so there...
Fitted furniture is suddenly popular!
We have found in recent weeks that more and more customers...
need help in my kitchen
My floors cannot be changed, they are terra stone....
What's your biggest layout pet peeve?
Do you cringe at jack and jill bathrooms? Break into...