Experience with LED bulbs?
maximista
I have seen LED bulbs that can be used in place of regular incandescent bulbs - just screwed into the socket - anybody has experience with that and if yes, could you recommend a good LED bulb?
roosterdavis
I work at the Merchandise Mart in Chicago and they just underwent a massive LED lamp exchange. I will say the lamps I was most impressed with were Acculamps. They make them in PAR 20, 30, 38 and MR-16. Pay attention to the color you are buying and the beam spread. The PAR lamps are available in 45 degree and 25 degree floods. Choose the right one for what you want to do. General lighting? Use the 45. Highlight? 25. I'd recommend the 2700K lamp because it feels a lot like halogen and will be familiar to you. If you're wondering how many of these I've installed it's close to 600.

The only other thing I'd caution is the use of dimmers. Lutron makes an LED dimmer (the CL line if I remember correctly). Be advised that as an incandescent dimmer the load can be 600 watts. With LED, it's 150. If you get close to 150 or exceed it, the lamps will flicker. Just mind how many you've got on the dimmer. And yes, the lamps come in dimmable and non dim.

One lamp I will tell people to avoid like the plague is the Phillips MR-16. It's the brightest one, but my God, the failures I've had. If you're wondering how many of these I've installed it's close to 600.
June 25, 2013 at 8:38pm   
maximista
@roosterdavis - I am not sure we are talking about the same thing - I mean LED bulbs that can replace incandescent bulbs - see picture. There are now many available. I wonder if anybody has any experience with them.
June 25, 2013 at 9:32pm   
Mitered edge for marble or quartize ?
I.am wondering by putting the Mitered edge on the countertops...
What kind/colour carpet?
We have a small terrace house, the down stair living...
Boring basic builder kitchen--paint or stain cabs?
We have a perfectly decent builder grade kitchen that...
what type of mirror for this bathroom-framed or frameless and size
This is a small jack and jill bath that is very modern-grey...
Ideas for a large yard?
My parents' house sits on a quarter of a city block...