Coffered ceiling layout
rpa2012
June 26, 2013 in Photo Questions
Do you have other views of the coffered ceiling. I really like your non-uniform or angled layout of the boxes. What criteria did you use to decide on the angle of the beams. Did you simply rotated the boxes 45degrees or was it lining up to another view of the room which is not visible in this picture.

Are you using wood trim (crown molding) or MDF. Some say finger oint pine would eventually start leaking at the joints? What kind of wood trim did you use.

Finally what is hte size of the boxes - Length X width X depth/Height?

Are those 9 foot celings?

Thank you kindly for your time. Few additional pictures or suggestions would be greatly helpful.
Eskuche Design
Dear rpa2012,
Thank you for your inquiry. Please click on this link to another view of the ceiling: Hampton's in the Country 1
Here is a view of the kitchen beams:
Hampton's in the Country 2

Regarding the Kitchen beam layout that is on an angle, that was done to avoid repeating/matching the Living room since the Kitchen is larger and would not therefore match. The angles allow that room to simply start over visually. In other words, like shorts and a shirt that would have been conflicting plaid patterns.

Regarding the beam material, it is Poplar which does not have sap and can be finger jointed. The beams are boxed construction with crown molding and are dimensioned 3 1/2" tall by 7 1/4" wide not including a 3 1/2" crown (measured on the diag).

Ceiling height in the Kitchen is 10', while it's 11' at the Living room in the raised section. I've included a picture of the floor plan of the Living Room which measures 17' x 21'.

Best of luck!

Peter Eskuche, AIA
June 26, 2013 at 6:52AM        Thanked by rpa2012
amoore120599
Beautiful design. Love the ceiling. What colors are the ceilings and walls. We are working on house plans now and love everything about this.
July 5, 2013 at 10:06AM     
Eskuche Design
Thanks for your inquiry!

For information related to finish selections, please call Amy Hendel at Hendel Homes www.hendelhomes.com.

Good luck with your project!

Peter Eskuche, AIA
www.eskuche.com
July 11, 2013 at 6:55AM   
How can I darken my grout?
My backsplash has been installed but I don't like the...
What color will you NEVER find in your house?
It's usually pretty easy to tell the colors that people...
Need advice for hanging shelves
I'm creating a coffee station in our hallway. it is...
Every house deserves a name
Does your house have one? Would you like it to? Please...
What should we do with this outdated fireplace?
There are so many options out there but we're looking...