Need to add color ???
sumer65
But which color?
piperluv
I think a baby blue or a powder blue would look nice with the brown. I know a light blue would look perfect.
June 26, 2013 at 11:17AM   
Toronto Designers
Turquoise and blues! Take cue from that pretty picture you have on the wall. It is also a cool colour that will help cool down all the warm tones of the furniture and woods.

Also adding some large closed wicker baskets at the top of the cabinets in the kitchen will fill that gap and add some needed texture to the space as well. And it gives you some extra storage too! I like the idea of white ones, and then once you add the fresher blues and turquoises, it will have a much fresher feel.
June 26, 2013 at 11:20AM     
Clever Storage by Kesseböhmer
I do like the blue myself, however I think it only really works because of those blue pillows. Without those, I was going to suggest a red or maroon...
June 26, 2013 at 11:28AM   
B.L. Rieke Custom Home Builders
I thought the idea of light blue walls was interesting, so I did a quick mock up with a sky blue and white ceilings.
June 26, 2013 at 11:47AM   
Amy Wax
I would suggest a softer blue.. lighter - aerier.. or maybe even a lighter green. The two colors that I would recommend are Woodlawn Blue HC-147 or Pale Sea Mist 2147-50. Both pleasant light and airy. ut you definitely see the color in the. Two examples of where the swathes definitely don't look as good as the painted room.
Look at the swatches against the wood rather than the bright gold to see the real color.
June 26, 2013 at 11:59AM     
sumer65
Can not paint walls again hubby will kill me! I do have some old wedge wood pcs in wall unit that are blue can use that color, here are some of the pcs that are in my guest room maybe could use the pillows from there.
June 26, 2013 at 12:13PM   
Clever Storage by Kesseböhmer
Those could work.. But painting is easy! Just do it while he's at work :)
June 26, 2013 at 12:14PM     
sumer65
Just had back surgery maybe problem is I'm stuck home all day when use to work 50 + hours over thinking it. Haha
June 26, 2013 at 12:20PM   
B.L. Rieke Custom Home Builders
Well, here's some food for thought, just in case you change your mind on re-painting. These colors are loosedly based off the swatches Amy suggested.
June 26, 2013 at 12:25PM     
apple_pie_order
Try a Wedgewood blue rug and a couple new blue and brown pillows. The turquoise blue in your painting would be a good blue, too.
June 26, 2013 at 12:40PM     
Center picture on the wall, or center with the couch?
My couch isn't centered on the wall. It's always been...
Need Lighting Ideas
After much drama with our wallpaper being hung upside...
Style concept dilemma
Here's another good example of our interior design...
Please help with window treatment
I started sewing these curtains but I hate the fabric...
Need help with decisions !
Would love to lighten up the kitchen, without painting...