IRON BED CONTEMPORARY?
ellymaysJune 26, 2013
I have the aged bronze iron bed pictured and right now my house is traditional but i'm moving and want to go modern/contemporary, but i don't want to get rid of this headboard. I would like to use it in the guest room, what can i put with it to make it look modern? Could i use the light wood furniture if i put a different bedspread, new lamps, etc. any ideas?
Oellien Design, Inc.
Hello, can you lighten the finish of the iron bed frame. I would consider changing the color to something lighter and fresher looking.
1 Like    Bookmark   June 26, 2013 at 1:48PM
Southern Belle
Spray paint the bed frame like white or black or a color you love and add more modern side tables and a dresser to complement your iron bed. I love iron bed frames! What color are your walls going to be? You could go with vibrant colors for bedding and accents.
1 Like    Bookmark   June 26, 2013 at 1:49PM
ellymays
haven't decided on wall color yet that's why i was trying to get ideas to see if i could even use it or if it's going to look out of place if i go contemporary in the rest of the house. I don't want to ruin it by painting it, that scares me.
    Bookmark   June 26, 2013 at 1:51PM
PYRAMID DESIGN GROUP
Leave the bed frame the way it is--you can punch up the look with great bold colorful bedding.
PyramidDG.com
2 Likes    Bookmark   Thanked by ellymays    June 26, 2013 at 1:54PM
Oellien Design, Inc.
With all do respect. Is the finish applied now or is the bed solid bronze? I'm guessing it is a painted finish now that looks bronze.
    Bookmark   June 26, 2013 at 1:55PM
studio10001
Am not seeing light furniture you refer to. Would be helpful if you could input picture to expand as well. I do not suggest painting for anything other than a country feel with this, but you could upholster over the headboard to remove the curlyques for a more contemporary feel.
    Bookmark   June 26, 2013 at 1:55PM
ellymays
what type of furniture would look best with this kind of bed to get a more modern look?
    Bookmark   June 26, 2013 at 1:56PM
LB Interiors
Love the bed frameI Would leave the bronze finish as it is a current color. Why change it at this point. It's a small pic, looks like a beautiful style. Update with painting end tables, new bedding, new wall color, art and accessories.

By updating all other items and freshen with some current colors and bedding, accessories, will be enough to update the bed frame and the room.
'Tuscany' Bedroom Furniture Merced Metal Bed
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by ellymays    June 26, 2013 at 1:56PM
Stanton Designs-online design services
Agree, spray painting the frame will immediately update the look of it. Some ways to make the space more modern is with bedding, art work and more modern look side tables. But this bed frame for sure can be use in a more modern space.
1 Like    Bookmark   June 26, 2013 at 2:00PM
ellymays
it's not solid bronze, the website says its powder paint that is baked to produce a powerbond finish, not sure what that all means
    Bookmark   June 26, 2013 at 2:03PM
ellymays
LB Interiors i really like the 2nd picture you included, thank you, i'm going to contact Wesley Allen where i got the bed and see if they have nightstands that match the bed and the green looks great! thanks for all the ideas! The picture is from the website not my bedroom that's why you can't see the furniture, i will take one tonight and post it but it definitely doesn't look modern now :-)
1 Like    Bookmark   June 26, 2013 at 2:10PM
    Bookmark   June 26, 2013 at 2:14PM
ellymays
wow i really like that idea even better!!!! wish you were closer than California!
2 Likes    Bookmark   June 26, 2013 at 2:16PM
    Bookmark   Thanked by ellymays    June 26, 2013 at 2:18PM
LB Interiors
ellymays, we can work something out using my E-Decorating service. It's affordable.
    Bookmark   June 26, 2013 at 2:20PM
ellymays
i didn't know that, i'm at work now but i may contact you later. I'm moving in the next 3 weeks and i have a blank slate and could use the help. thank you!
1 Like    Bookmark   June 26, 2013 at 2:24PM
LB Interiors
Thanks, ellymays!
    Bookmark   June 26, 2013 at 2:27PM
studio10001
Kudos, LB!
1 Like    Bookmark   June 26, 2013 at 2:53PM
Judy M
Lots of photos under bedrooms, add some to your ideabook and LB can help direct you in the right direction.

2 Likes    Bookmark   Thanked by ellymays    June 26, 2013 at 3:11PM
greatsight
I would spray paint the frame white too.Get a bigger chunkier night stand and a more contemporary lamp.
    Bookmark   June 26, 2013 at 3:23PM
LB Interiors
Thanks judyg. Many tiimes, it's still difficult to copy a room from a photo. Everything is a different situation and floorplan, needs and budget can be very varied. Each design plan is unique for each unique client. There are so many questions when helping a client.
    Bookmark   June 26, 2013 at 3:32PM
ellymays
OK yesterday i didn't have the pictures of the rest of the room, here they are, to me this looks traditional, and i want to make it more modern/contemporary, can i use the furniture? the headboard is what i really don't want to get rid of, even though the furniture is only 2 years old but i don't think it'll work in my new place for the look i want, any suggestions?
    Bookmark   June 27, 2013 at 8:40AM
studio10001
The furniture could work w a new laquer finish, but it seems a 'square peg in a round hole' kind of shame to force. Do you need to use in the bedroom, or could pieces be re-purposed elsewhere in the house ( chest in the dining room, say)?
    Bookmark   June 27, 2013 at 8:51AM
ellymays
i want new so i'd rather just sell the bedroom set, but again want to keep the bed (headboard) so i can use it in the guest room but i feel the same way i look at this and it's never going to look modern no matter what comforter or lamps, etc i put so i'll just sell it and start new.... thank you for confirming my thoughts
1 Like    Bookmark   June 27, 2013 at 8:56AM
Help! Need ideas for living room
Looking for help for a rug and accent chairs, wall...
Sarah Bethel
New bathroom
Dear all We are moving to our new house and going to...
Benjamin NArcyz
What goes with this chair?
I need help figuring out what to out with my new chair!...
wapusk99
Countertop conundrum!!
I'm so frustrated with countertop shopping. I knew...
Kriste Kalk_Ross
Need ideas please
Kitchen redo. I like Grays and Whites for the cabinets,...
roynlisa