Radiator help
maxx44
I have a radiator under my sink and am trying to remodel my kitchen any idea on how to hide this?
jabber629
Call me crazy, but I think that would be a great way to add a sense of industrial flair by showing off the radiator! I would paint it a metallic silver color, and construct some shelves in front of it to store items such as cookbooks and spices. Hope this helped!
June 26, 2013 at 7:09pm     
Linda
Don't try to hide it; paint the radiator and replace under the sink plumbing with chrome and let it be

I have a radiator under my sink and part of our remodel was removing the 70s cabinet previous owner had built when they put in a standard sink and dishwasher. We removed the cabinet and put in an apron front sink.

A radiator cabinet like yours does impede the air flow and thus reduces the heat output of the radiator. Radiator covers need to be completely open at floor level so the cool air can flow through the radiator and the warm air needs an exit path as well. The most efficient radiator covers are those which are open at the bottom, solid panel in front of the radiator and then open again at the top so it channels the air movement.
June 26, 2013 at 7:47pm     
Painting exterior brick
I am considering painting the orangey brick on my house...
Need help with soft furnishings for a living and dining room!
Total amateur furnishing a house from scratch for the...
Help with accessorizing new media console
Hi, we recently purchased the PB printers collection...
New cabinet dilemma
We are having new cabinets placed in our kitchen and...