BIg bare kitchen wall....
Theresa Dumont
I need some ideas on what to do with the wall beside my table in my kitchen at my cottage...I have thought of a bench with some art work above but could really use some ideas!
Theresa Dumont
sorry...I was having trouble loading more then one pic at a time
June 26, 2013 at 8:29pm   
mcbriec
A sideboard would look good and be functional for parties.
June 26, 2013 at 8:36pm     
mendys
a bench or side board would block the entryway. Go for art on the wall. Either one big piece (more vertical than horizontal) or a grouping of smaller pieces.
June 26, 2013 at 8:41pm     
That is wide enough for a piece that won't block, and a bench is always really functional near the entry / can wait for rides, stage things to go . Is the wood / log wall available for a sideboard? Maybe a sideboard there and a bench in the spot with art?
June 26, 2013 at 8:56pm   
Theresa Dumont
Yes, the log wall would be big enough for a sideboard. It's actually the outside of a log cabin. The entire kitchen is an addition so what you see is the new (kitchen) meeting the old (cabin log wall). Here's a better picture. I like the idea of extra seating for entertaining for sure! What kind of art work would you suggest above a bench along that wall?
June 26, 2013 at 9:07pm   
Theresa Dumont
more shots/angles
June 26, 2013 at 9:09pm   
Are you in the country / near horse country / duck country / birding country / mountains / foothills? Are you a gardener or an engineer or ? Leonardo da Vinci sketches for an engineer, audubon prints for a birder / duck hunter, horse prints, tell something about yourself / your interests / something you love or find interesting. Landscape photos from nearby trails / peaks for a hiker, and so forth. Use color in the matting if what you want to use is colorless - you could print sepia toned art photos to go with the neutrals but use a colorful bench and your favorite accent color for the matting.

Right now I see a lot of wood tones and neutrals but no color. I want to put a bench with a print upholstery fabric under a series of four larger prints hung in a square with matching frames and mats. What is your color story for the house? Have you gone looking for fabrics that might be your inspiration fabric because it has all the colors you would like to have show up in your space?

The log wall above and behind the sideboard will be really interesting - then buffet lamps would highlight the wood and grain and texture of it really well.
June 26, 2013 at 9:19pm        Thanked by Theresa Dumont
Theresa Dumont
I think I'm inspired!!!! Thank you.....
June 26, 2013 at 9:22pm   
Sandy G. ltd.
WOW! What a wonderful space!

Here are some ideas not knowing what your taste is but are some jumping off ideas. If nothing else, you can eliminate things you know would not work.

This is a focal wall so you can make a statement here. I miss color in this area so here are some ways to introduce that.

A bench is a great idea and here are 3 that are fun and colorful. The painting and the bench in the lower left is a great example of how to introduce texture, in your space.
The bench on the lower right is upholstered in "flour sacks" with a gingham seat..
June 26, 2013 at 10:12pm        Thanked by Theresa Dumont
Sandy G. ltd.
You could also hang, a fragment of large piece of architectural iron, a quilt, etc., or install logs on that wall to bring the old into the new.

The pictures below are examples of other furniture pieces that would work too. A trampy art hutch, a painted chest, a rustic bench, and a clever set of "stools". You can add color through items in the hutch, artwork above the chest, cushion on the bench+ artwork, and artwork above the "stools"

Use that wall for something incredibly unique and colorful - useful or just fabulous!
1 second ago
June 26, 2013 at 10:17pm        Thanked by Theresa Dumont
Keitha
Possibly use large interesting baskets as wall art to add texture
June 26, 2013 at 11:49pm   
Big bare wall
Looking for ideas to fill a large bear wall ... don't...
Bare kitchen walls
We just moved in and I want to hang something above...
help for kitchen 'bare' wall
Hi, sorry about mess in photo..we're having some work...
Bare Wall in kitchen
Need help decorating this wall. I would love to do...
bare kitchen/dining room wall
This wall is in between two rooms, my kitchen and dining...
Desperately needing a focal point
The furniture that I thought I'd lost a shot at reappeared...
Need help with open floor plan layout
I'm struggling with decorating a living room that abutts...
We are building new home and need a neutral paint color
We are building a new house and have a very open floor...
Must I paint the doors in my condo the same as the jams?
Moving into a new loft condo and it has too many wooden...