Kitchen ceiling light
Ellen Horn
I have several recessed can light in my kitchen, which look fine, and one square flourescent fixture that puts out great light but looks so dated. I cannot give up the light it provides, but would like suggestions for a better option.
Brass Light Gallery
What is the style of your kitchen? Or do you have a photos to share? Do you know the current wattage or lumen output for the florescent light? I have several great ideas.
June 27, 2013 at 9:39am   
Ellen Horn
My current kitchen has traditional white cabinets, mexican tile backsplash, granite (uba tuba) counters and a med oak hardwood floor. There is a black pot rack over a medium dark wood island and a black lantern light fixture over my glass topped round dining table. The fixture in question would be very close to the pot rack. I do not know how many lumens, but the fixture holds 4 18" bulbs.
June 27, 2013 at 9:48am   
Brass Light Gallery
Do you want a fairly close to ceiling light? Will you be walking under it? How tall is your ceiling? Sorry for all the questions, but it will help me narrow my suggestions.
June 27, 2013 at 9:53am   
Ellen Horn
The ceiling is 10'. I think close to ceiling would look best because a hanging fixture would get too busy with the pot rack and hanging fixture over the dining table. I failed to tell you that the kitchen is open to the family room, separated by a breakfast bar, so everything attached to the ceiling is wide open for viewing! No problem with the questions.
June 27, 2013 at 11:07am   
Ellen Horn
One other thing - the appliances are stainless, wall color gold.
June 27, 2013 at 11:11am   
Brass Light Gallery
Ellen, I am attaching a few ideas of semi flush interior ceiling lights from my company that might work. All are available in two Nickel finishes (Brushed Nickel and Antique Nickel) and Black and Bronze and others too. For the products with Art Glass, there are 6 standard and other custom glass colors. I've also included a few alabaster pendants, most of which can be specified as close as 9" from the ceiling to the bottom of the real alabaster stone. Let me know if any light appeals.
June 27, 2013 at 2:17pm   
Brass Light Gallery
And here are some more
June 27, 2013 at 2:18pm     
Brass Light Gallery
Two last
June 27, 2013 at 2:19pm   
Brass Light Gallery
Okay, one more alabaster in pantry setting. The Navarra Alabaster pendant shown is 12" wide. It also comes in a 16" and 19" diameter.
June 27, 2013 at 2:23pm   
Ellen Horn
I "liked" the one that is shown in the actual kitchen. Does it come in black, what are dimensions, how many and what type bulbs and price?
June 28, 2013 at 6:46am   
Ellen Horn
I also like the picture to the left of the kitchen picture. Need same info on that one.
June 28, 2013 at 6:50am   
Brass Light Gallery
Hi Ellen: The fixture you like is our Edgewood™ Ceiling Light Fixture. Product Code: PA-8124-A33. Yes it is available in black. Price is $685. You can see product on line at the following address. Have a great Friday. http://www.newclassicsbrasslight.com/Edgewood-Ceiling-Light-Fixture-p/pa-8124-a33.htm
June 28, 2013 at 6:56am      Thanked by Ellen Horn
Brass Light Gallery
Ellen: The fixture to the left is the same product code. The decorative metal pattern over the glass is an option on The Edgewood™ Ceiling Light Fixture, you can order with "Foursquare Overlay" or without.
June 28, 2013 at 10:25am   
show organizational options for a closet that is 2 x 10ft?
Remodel of a closet has two doors in guest bedroom-good...
Ideas for dated kitchen in old cape cod
Hi everyone, Awesome site first of all. My fiancé...
Need help choosing living room furniture color
My husband and I are closing on a house in the next...
Need Help Designing Pantry
We are building a gathering room off our kitchen. There...
I need help with a kitchen dilemma
I have existing Baltic brown worktops and have added...