Painted brick fireplace!
tacomatina
Our new home has a painted brick fireplace. Should we try and remove the unattractive color or repaint it?
Judith Taylor Designs
Without a photo it is hard to say. It would be a very messy undertaking to remove the paint so it would depend on how much you dislike the painted masonry look. I generally prefer it but would like to see photos.
June 27, 2013 at 2:10pm   
Yolanda Ruiz
It depends on the style you want to reach: nude bricks always give a rustic looking, while by repainting them may give you more style chances. There are a lot of methods to remove existing painting (sandblasting, special liquids, sandpaper....), just note that as material bricks is porous, you won't be able to remove the painting completely, specially if it has been painted more than once.
June 27, 2013 at 2:21pm   
Warren Mullins
If the recent paint doesn't seem to suit your taste, you need to repaint it or remove the paint and stain it the way you like it. Just blend it with the color of your room to make it more belong.
June 27, 2013 at 2:24pm   
Grate for heating duct
I ordered the most beautiful grate for a heating duct...
Garden Entry Gate Ideas
We made Brown wood gates for private entry, and now...
Help! Need YOUR help with my living room!
WOW, you guys are awesome!!! I just found this advice...
Window Treatments - yes or no?
I have these 3 French doors in the family room that...
New ideas for built in's, TV and/or fireplace with Matel
We recently bought this house. I need ideas of how...