Help. Wall sculpture placement.
jcorn1
Please see the photos. Even though each sculpture seems sized differently in the photos they are actually in proportion to each other and are part of a set of 4 sculptures where the effect, when hung on the wall, is of the animals emerging from the wall, an illusion. I like.

There is even one piece which only seems to be an animal's nose appearing from the wall so tey are in different stages of "emerging"

Question: we would prefer not to have a pure white wall in our intended space but a instead a nearly white color with a light nearly neutral yellow tone.m

These pieces will be in an entry hall with a high ceiling and brownish tile floors as well as a stairway with green carpet. We can change the carpet to wood and had planned to. Why not now?

Should they be at eye level or slightly above ( the artist says either would work) ? Which would you prefer?

Any suggestions welcomed.
jcorn1
Oops, one of the photos posted twice and these are 3-d with fabric sewn over the forms. I could post photos of my intended space but I've described our colors and just need suggestions for coordinating. We have eclectic decor.
June 27, 2013 at 4:37pm   
Barnhart Gallery
jcorn1 these are fabulous! Now I know exactly what I'll do if I ever inherit a home with a mirrored wall. These guys would come waltzing through the looking glass!

As for a paint color, I guess maybe the full blue, so they look as though they're truly emerging from the wall? Please, please show us an after -- very cool!
June 27, 2013 at 4:59pm        Thanked by jcorn1
jcorn1
Thanks. I know that nose looks so large but it really isn't any larger than the noses on the others. It was just hard to crop and resize. I like the idea of blue. And would that work with the dark brown tiled floor we have in entry? I always saw the floor as neutral and have see similar floors in many different entries, all wth various wall colors and it seems to work. But. I guess changing the stairway carpet, presently a deep forest green, is a given?
June 27, 2013 at 5:08pm   
jcorn1
I have added a photo of our wall color as well as another sample.of the artist's work to show how butterflies in the same colors as our deer sculptures have been placed on wood for one exhibition. Please see the photos. Maybe that provides helpful info?

Could we use our wall color or should we change it? Deepen it?
June 27, 2013 at 5:47pm     
Barnhart Gallery
Wow -- these are amazing too. I put your deer in a blue foyer with a brown tile floor, along with a faux antler chandelier and table -- a place to put shoes for those reading another houzz thread today...
(Cursor over to see all.)
June 27, 2013 at 7:45pm      Thanked by jcorn1
Barnhart Gallery
I think the chandelier needs just one blue butterfly.
June 27, 2013 at 7:46pm      Thanked by jcorn1
jcorn1
That chandelier? Where from? And what program did you use to put all those pieces together?
June 28, 2013 at 5:52am   
Barnhart Gallery
Houzz lists a number of faux antler chandeliers: http://www.houzz.com/photos/products/faux-antler-chandelier

...and my clumsy cut and paste job is just MS Windows' Paint.
June 28, 2013 at 7:34am        Thanked by jcorn1
jcorn1
Someone left a wonderful comment with photos and it is gone. pearl? Pearl Melba? Could you repost?
June 28, 2013 at 9:24am   
lesliemahler
Ooooh - love the animals. They make me smile :) . Would you be willing to share the name of the artist please? Thanks, and good luck.
June 28, 2013 at 10:24am        Thanked by jcorn1
jcorn1
Yes. She is a young artist, Tasha Lewis, who I think shows great potential. I wish I could afford some of her other works.

See attached. Those in New York can see her work at the Barnhart Gallery soon and major institutions have already purchased larger pieces,which I think is amazing for a newly graduated artist.

. See attached image of Celeste the elephant, 8 feet long! That one is purchased by an arts center for public display. I am proud to own the blue owl. See it in attached photo. Her butterflies and botanicals are stunning too.
June 30, 2013 at 5:35pm   
jcorn1
Leslie- per your request, More examples oops, sorry for repeat.
June 30, 2013 at 5:38pm   
kadodi
I don't like the blue wall and think it detracts. I think the yellow or lighter shade of yellow would work.
June 30, 2013 at 6:06pm        Thanked by jcorn1
jcorn1
Good to know. I'm struggling with the background. We can't go with white there.
June 30, 2013 at 6:32pm   
Need help with placement of these photo frames on tall wall
Built the house last year and I've been stumped over...
Feature Wall Color/Placement Help
Here is my current open lr/kitchen. A mid-value grey...
Wall Color/Art Placement Help ASAP!
About to receive a mid-value, true grey sectional to...
Porch patio door
Are vertical blinds dated for a porch patio door
Kitchen backsplash horror
Not happy with how this backsplash turned out so much....
Are you a big fan of glamping or camping?
I'm not a camping fan at all. I can't stand not knowing...
Windows with or without cedar trim
Builder has started putting cedar trim around windows....