What does this room need to look professionally finished?
nataliewalter87
I'm just in the midst of re-designing my living room and am looking for any recommendations on accents/decor that can help make it look professionally finished. Also, is the size/scale of the abstract art above the floating wall unit appropriate for the area?

The wooden chairs are temporary while we wait for some white contemporary leather chairs :) The small "dining area" (and door right next to it) is definitely a challenge!
emelfr
Some thoughts :

You need to do something with that phone on the floor - maybe a shiny small table or small glass table?
Should the flower art at be hung higher up on the wall?
Perhaps a taller accessory on the glass table - the three balls look out of place.
It is hard to see what is going on in eating area with the photo. Is it used mostly as office or eating area?
1 Like   June 27, 2013 at 11:56PM
Laura
You need a bigger rug. Same one would be fine, the texture is awesome. But it's way too small.
1 Like   June 27, 2013 at 11:56PM
Laura
Whoops. And lighting, a table on at leash the chaise end of the sofa with a lamp, and a floor lamp on the other end. Perhaps a lamp on the console as well.
0 Likes   Thanked by nataliewalter87    June 27, 2013 at 11:58PM
emelfr
Ah yes, I kept looking and looking at that area and something wasn't right. You've put your finger on it Laura.
nataliewalter87
Thanks very much! Just to clarify, the phone is there only currently because the office is a contruction zone (hence the computer and books on the dining table as well), and the flower art hasn't been hung yet :)

Any suggestions on what type of accessory for the coffee table?

If I were to pull the rug out a bit more from under the furniture, would it help? It's currently about half way under the furniture to the wall.

Last, what type of table do you think would work on the chaise end of the sofa? It's quite a small area. Definitely agree on the lighting (and everything else)! Maybe a arching lamp that's on the smaller side?
0 Likes   June 28, 2013 at 12:05AM
linkss
For me what's missing in this room is/are books/magazines - either stacked on the coffee table or even stacked up on the ground (will try to get a picture so you see what I mean). But that is just because I feel books complete a room, and I love them. This is obviously just a personal preference and opinion but what I feel it lacks. As 'professionally finished' as you want it, it also shouldn't look too much like a show room. Hope that helps!
1 Like   June 28, 2013 at 12:14AM
nataliewalter87
Agreed - thank you!
1 Like   June 28, 2013 at 12:23AM
What this room needs to look finished?
This is a master bedroom that needs to be finished...
I D
Does the finish on professionally painted kitchen cabinets last?
I'm considering painting these cabinets white. If...
heyss
Does this room look finished?
I pretty much did my daughters room from scratch. Made...
dodolav
Help...paint natural wood trim???
The longer I wait for large sectional to arrive,,the...
sarris69
Need master bedroom furniture help!!
Hi there- we just upgraded to a king size mattress/...
brockwem
Need help choosing a rug color
I want to change the rug and the runner in my kitchen,...
anelajakupovic
Need a good upholsterer
Two large sofa chair/loveseats
cachagua
sold by the yard?
okay i never bought fabric before, says its sold by...
Michael Johnson