shower stall
coco1957June 28, 2013
I would like to remove my bathtub and install a shower stall 60 x 30-32. I would like to know how far should the glass wall go (I don't want to use a door and for those with experience, how difficult is it to clean? I have some physical disability.
Arlene Warda, Architect
For a roll in shower, I would have two reccommendations:

1. 4'0" deep, just roll in (no turning around space in wheel chair)
2. 5'0" deep. It ADA standard. (for wheelchairs) a circular turnaround.

You should get a good shower drain for water to drain into the shower not into the main bath.

If you get a 'flat' tile floor this is very important.
    Bookmark   Thanked by coco1957    June 28, 2013 at 10:40AM
coco1957
Thanks Arlene. I am not in a wheelchair but I do have a prostetic and I can stand.

The space is really configured to walk right into the shower behind the door with the fixtures on the left.

As is the tub has a showerhead so I'm not concerned about water drain because I live alone. Yes I would like to install a little "lip" to avoid water splashing or flowing into the rest of the bathroom. not sure how high the "lip" (for want of a better word) would have to be though to be code in Bronx, New York
1 Like    Bookmark   June 28, 2013 at 10:49AM
Innovate Building Solutions
Coco - there are a lot of ways to do a tub to shower conversion in a 60 x 32 space. If you want a barrier free shower you can consider a product called a "shower shield" or "pivoting shower screen." These products provide a glass element with an opening at the entry point of the shower. I'll provide you with a page link that will show you more examples and some pictures below:
http://innovatebuildingsolutions.com/products/bathrooms/roll-in-handicapped-shower
    Bookmark   July 27, 2013 at 2:09PM
Innovate Building Solutions
Sorry Coco - I accidentally grabbed the wrong image above - although this is an example of a roll in shower using a shower screen
    Bookmark   Thanked by coco1957    July 27, 2013 at 2:12PM
coco1957
Thank you ever so much for your response. The image you attached is kind of what I want but I'm wondering if a shower pan is needed to do this. Can you also send the image you'd wanted to.
    Bookmark   August 1, 2013 at 9:34AM
industrialing
Coco- try a white subway tile backsplash and some stone-rock mimic. like in the example below- if you want privacy- frosted glass is the way to go. It's not very hard to clean-having it at home- you just have to be careful- install non-slippery sufaces. If you want a modern look go for concrete? Its not slippery at all
    Bookmark   August 1, 2013 at 9:42AM
Floor, shower stall and shower door
Hi is the shower door original or replacement? If replacement,...
truegrid
Shower stall
Does this come in sections or is it just one piece
jankmarks
Keeping 1940's charm in kitchen that needs bringing into 21st century
This kitchen has the same characteristics as the rest...
Sue Casseau
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
toatsmcgoats
Can hardwood be put in a basement apartment
I currently have tile through out the finished basement...
tcurcuru1
Looking for design ideas on finishing basement
I have a 1100+ sqft basement with a 9ft ceiling. I...
shaktee9
help choosing colors for kitchen
what is the most popular white used for kitchens?
adam3