OLLD 6/29
June 29, 2013 in Other
Morning all! Hope everyone is happy and healthy today, we're still melting here and will be for about the next week!
astraea
Good morning Bobbi!! Sorry to hear about the ultra high temperatures out west; was thinking about Eztia too. Here, the high humidity makes even temps in the 80s feel oppressive!

Drizzling here this morning, so I didn't walk. Doing all my end-of-the-month paperwork.
June 29, 2013 at 4:55AM     
Morning Astraea! Yep, humidity is awful. Normally we get a dry heat but lately the humidity seems much higher. Walking out the door, the heat just smacks you in the face! At least our heat wave will be short lived, maybe for the next week, but EZ gets it all day everyday!
June 29, 2013 at 5:09AM     
OMG Busy, I do believe you have budding chefs here! That's so wonderful (and creative!). Why eat the same old boring breakfast everyday when you can have something exciting instead? I love it!
June 29, 2013 at 5:25AM     
armygirl1987
Cool rendering, and decorated too. Well morning Bobbi, Astraea, busy. Up early, going to go walk this dog and try to do some lawn work. Waiting for the tile guy to come to get an estimate and get this floor started.
June 29, 2013 at 5:32AM     
Morning Angela! Have fun with your walk!
June 29, 2013 at 5:34AM     
Robin W
Good morning all! Race day today... 3 hours!!!

Busy - those photos crack me up! The notes are what make it awesome!

Bobbi - stay cool there lady! That's crazy heat!!!

Everyone else, have a fantastic day! Will post this afternoon!!!
June 29, 2013 at 5:34AM     
Morning Robin! Have fun with your race and be sure to tell us how it went!
June 29, 2013 at 5:35AM     
Question! Has anyone ever done any silver or gold leafing? Any tips you can share?
June 29, 2013 at 5:47AM   
astraea
Good luck at the race, Robin .. hope the weather's good, and doesn't get hot!
June 29, 2013 at 5:48AM     
armygirl1987
Good luck Robin
June 29, 2013 at 6:00AM     
armygirl1987
Well, felt good after the walk and went a little further this morning. On my way to the library and Home Depot on the way home to pick up some plants from the 3 for 10 sale. Everyone stay blessed today and stay cool.
June 29, 2013 at 6:38AM     
kimdee24
Good morning everyone!

I'm confused... is there a post from Busy on this thread that I'm not seeing?

Good luck Robin!
June 29, 2013 at 6:47AM     
Kimdee, Busy had an adorable post with her grandtwins but I don't see it now either!
June 29, 2013 at 7:32AM   
Well I finished my silver leafing project, what a trip! That stuff goes EVERYWHERE, even where you didn't intend it to go. My washing machine is my work bench so now I probably have the only silver leafed washer on the block :)) Don't be jealous.....
June 29, 2013 at 7:33AM     
kimdee24
I've heard that about silver leaf -- messy! And thanks, I thought I was loosing it... couldn't see anything about Busy anywhere. I know I missed a post yesterday from STK for like 14 hours.

What did you silver leaf?
June 29, 2013 at 7:39AM        Thanked by charleee
Kim, I silver leafed some ceramic jars my SIL brought me from Mexico. They were done in a Southwestern style which isn't us, so first I spray painted them chrome, that didn't work, then I painted them silver with Martha Stewart paint, that didn't work, so I silver leafed them. It's a multi-step process, they're not done yet so the jury is out.....
June 29, 2013 at 7:42AM     
kimdee24
I'm sure they'll turn out great! Your projects always do!
June 29, 2013 at 7:42AM        Thanked by charleee
Doubtful! But thanks for the encouragement, it's more than I get from you-know-who!
June 29, 2013 at 7:47AM     
mefor
Morning super cool chicks!! Anyone know what the heck this plant is called? It's an indoor here in northeast but in Florida it's outside. Angela has this in front of house and I think she should put a few more there to fill in the empty spot (and replant the tiny green plant somewhere else) there's a much better picture on her bedroom help thread.
June 29, 2013 at 7:48AM   
Morning Michele! Nope, no idea, sorry. I know almost nothing about plants and gardening!
June 29, 2013 at 7:51AM     
kimdee24
Seriously, bobbi -- I'm going to come down there for decoupage lessons. :)
June 29, 2013 at 7:51AM     
mefor
:(
June 29, 2013 at 7:54AM     
mefor
Handy? Judyg? Judy M? I know one of you gals can help, plant experts
June 29, 2013 at 7:55AM     
olldroo
Evening all. Hey, kd - you and I are going ratty together, I missed Busy's post too.

Bobbi, photos of jars when done please. You have me very curious. What is a Southwestern style??

About to hit the sack as usual, STILL raining. DD and partner arrived unexpectedly late this afternoon (having a kid free weekend) and bearing Thai take away - aren't visitors like that wonderful. Lovely restful evening, the time just flew by.

LA SIL been complaining about the heat too Bobbi, you are not alone there. Without DD there to start up the A/C he has been coming home to a scorching hot house so has been going to the Country Club for a lovely long swim before dinner - DD hopes he gets into a real routine with it for when she gets home ........ heehee........... an afternoon cooling swim and dinner out would be very easy to take. She will have to remember to try to not put the A/C on.
June 29, 2013 at 7:57AM     
olldroo
mforr - looks like a croton to me, assuming you mean the multicoloured leaf one. There are a lot of varieties of them and they are all different. They are definitely tropical though, I can't even grow them outdoors here, our winters are too cold.
June 29, 2013 at 7:59AM     
kimdee24
Have a good sleep, Ms Roo. I'm off to get ready for my golf game.
June 29, 2013 at 7:59AM     
olldroo
Thanks kd - hey I can make you feel good, DD's partner is a golfing tragic and works very hard at his game. He is desperate to get his handicap below 20 and hopes for one more really good game this week and he will get down to 19. I thought of you straight away, and tried not to smile too hard.
June 29, 2013 at 8:05AM     
mefor
That's it!!!! Thank you, olldroo, that's been bothering me since last night! Thank goodness I can stop thinking about it. :)
Good night, zzzzzzzz
June 29, 2013 at 8:06AM     
olldroo
Oh, hell, mforr, know that feeling well............ and the older you get the worse it gets!!.
June 29, 2013 at 8:09AM     
olldroo
How's this, Miss 7 has had a boyfriend for the last couple of years, they get on like a house on fire. So tonight DD gets a text from his dad saying they are holidaying in Alaska and it just hit them how they couldn't have taken the kids any further away from each other.
June 29, 2013 at 8:13AM     
kimdee24
LOL, Ms Roo! I remember the days when I said "I just want to break 100!" Now I'm not happy unless I'm not only breaking 90 but shooting mid-80s!
June 29, 2013 at 8:20AM     
S. Thomas Kutch
Good morning ladies............ woke up to a fantastic sun rise and just right temperature morning with a ever so slight breeze. Crystal clear sky..... watched the palette of colors evolve from night to the pale colors of early morning red, orange to yellow, yellow green to blue............than just sat there on my steps, soaking in the song birds, breeze and cool dry air sipping on my coffees..............a good start to a great day. Temps today will be in the low 80's with a drop in the humidity levels . All ready sprayed the rose bushes, crab apple tree, cherry tree and the Japanese Weeping Willow..........and that was it on my list today, other than the trip to Sears to exchange the weed eater that refuses to run at high speed.......

Will most likely work on the porch design today........have already torn off the 1" grout and mosaic tiles that didn't go with the house at all and am down to the concrete surface of the landing and the steps, now I have to figure out how we're going to even up the risers and treads to conform to the code and add the wrap around extensions at each end. The finished project will result with acid stained concrete porch and treads with solid brick finish on the risers.............then we can start the patio.........progress, one tiny step at a time.

Lisa has to spend some time with her mom tomorrow going through jewelry ............MIL swears somebody is stealing her jewelry when she's not in her apartment..........been through this before. She either puts stuff up and then forgets where she put it and just assumes that it has been stolen, or she remembers something from years ago that she either gave to one of her grand daughters or friends and starts looking for it and when she can't find it ..... it must have been stolen..........dementia is quickly stealing her thought process and everyday it's something new. After the last hospital stay, she was convinced that someone had stolen her refrigerator.....the assisted living unit she lives in only has an undercounter unit in it and she was thinking of the refrigerator in her last apartment.......... some of the claims are just down right funny. In her last place, someone came in and stole her grape jelly and replaced it with strawberry jam..........and oddly enough, when things do show up, the person who stole it must have brought it back because it was in some place she would never put it...........every week it's something. Never a dull moment.

Hoping everybody has a good day........Bobbi stay cool, EZ don't let the paper work bury you.....Robin be safe running (just don't understand that unless bears are chasing you.....).....gots to get ready for a trip to Sears and see what stuff I might need...................Adios Amigos
June 29, 2013 at 8:21AM     
olldroo
Night bobbi - I know you are there.
June 29, 2013 at 8:22AM     
olldroo
Haha Kutchie - BH's mother regularly stocktakes her china cabinet - people are stealing from her too.
June 29, 2013 at 8:24AM     
astraea
Roo - Wasn't it father apart when Miss 7 visited you down under? I thought you were going to say that the boy's family wanted to take her along .. would her parents agree to that? They're both young enough not to get into too much trouble!
June 29, 2013 at 8:30AM     
mpoulsom
hey girls!! I missed you yesterday! But got some things done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
June 29, 2013 at 8:31AM     
mpoulsom
and STK!
June 29, 2013 at 8:36AM     
mpoulsom
My grand mom also accuses everyone of stealing her jewelry! and she wonders why i won't go over there and let her tell me which jewelry goes to who when she dies. And wants to make sure I get some pieces that I want, and she wants me to have! She even called my dad one day and told him she was going to call the police on HIM!
June 29, 2013 at 8:41AM     
mpoulsom
Good luck Robin and Kim on your sporting adventures...

Night Roo

Bob, can't wait to see your silver-leaf experiment. I've never done it, but always thought it would be fun to try.

Astraea.....Guess what J has been doing up there, among other things....Cleaning the crawlspace at his mom's house, removing mold, and disinfecting, Lying on his back! He was under there for 3 days. He said he felt 100 years old after the 3rd day. I wouldn't be able to do it at all. I
m too claustrophobic. Then painting a house next door that has no AC at the moment. he said the paint was melting on the wall last night. I told him not to do that in that humidity, but he won't listen to me!

Hey Ezzy!!!! Saw your heat temps on the news this morning. WOW!
June 29, 2013 at 8:50AM     
astraea
MP - hold old is she?
June 29, 2013 at 9:13AM     
pattyannb
Good Morning!
MP What a little doll! She looks like grandma...
June 29, 2013 at 9:15AM     
mpoulsom
she is almost 4! and my daughter is 26.
boo mappin is petite..always has been. and she is a living doll to me for sure. :)
the kicker is if you could hear her talk! even more ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
June 29, 2013 at 9:19AM     
astraea
She is adorable; pretty women run in your family :))
June 29, 2013 at 9:22AM     
pattyannb
When my aunt & uncle lived here he would tell us stories about how he helped his dad build this house...
And said the people that moved in up stairs were stealing all his dads stuff... I would find all kinds of things hidden in the apartment.... There was always a story behind it... How his dad ran over the handle of the rake or something.... It was pretty funny most of the time...
June 29, 2013 at 9:24AM     
pattyannb
This is her last Christmas....
June 29, 2013 at 9:29AM     
mpoulsom
Thanks Astraea! You are too sweet. My mom was kind of a bombshell back in the day! There's a family portrait of us from the 60's and she looks like a barbie! ha!

No worries Ez..I'm sure that child is smothered in sunscreen! Malorie is very cautious and over protective, and so his daddy!
June 29, 2013 at 9:31AM     
mpoulsom
Beautiful Patty!!!!! I love ballerinas! And she looks like she is very talented!
June 29, 2013 at 9:32AM     
pattyannb
She is mp... But she has been dancing since she was 4 I think... Time just goes way to fast...
My grandson races motorcycles... motocross... but then so did his dad... They are pretty good kids...
They keep pretty busy... Something that parents really need to do these days I think...
June 29, 2013 at 9:41AM     
mpoulsom
yea...well i hope that boo mappin will get into gymnastics...it's in her genes, me and her dad were both gymnasts. And she has the legs to do it. She already has such muscle definition. It's crazy. And she is always into art. So we usually do some sort of artistic project. But we plant flowers and all kinds of things!
i try to always do activities with her when she visits. Things that mom may be too exhausted to do with her all the time. But I also try and teach her things that are almost extinct! Like, she wrote a letter to her parents last weekend and then I showed her how to put it in an envelope and took her to the post office. She put the stamp on it and we put it in the slot. So she would have an idea of how mail got from one house to another.
June 29, 2013 at 9:54AM     
mpoulsom
the house they stay in used to be Aaron Carter's ( Nick Carter-boy band fame's, younger brother). He sold it to one of my SIL's dad's friends. It's a compound with docks etc. Several houses on the property. It was on MTV Cribs show one time when Aaron owned it. My SIL's family keep their fishing boat there, so when they want to take off, the boat is always ready. And they LOVE to fish!
June 29, 2013 at 10:00AM     
Jayme H.
@Eztia..Thank you! I emailed the county animal board, and just called the fairground manager, who is to return my call. I plan to show her the pics if she does want to see those. Hope someone will look into this.
June 29, 2013 at 10:44AM     
Jayme H.
MP..Your girls are indeed lovely beauties!! My daughter is 26 and my granddaughter is 4!
June 29, 2013 at 10:58AM     
Jayme H.
My grandbaby with Jay this winter...I think her lipstick was smeared! LOL
June 29, 2013 at 11:08AM     
mpoulsom
beautiful jayme!
June 29, 2013 at 11:15AM     
Jayme H.
Thanks MP! They are uncle and niece but act more like siblings.
June 29, 2013 at 11:16AM     
Jayme H.
Pattyannb...beautiful girl!! And talented to boot!
-I am not seeing Busy's posts either!
-STK...hope u have a good shopping day
-Here's hoping Robin runs a good race!
Everyone else..wishing u a great day, in whatever u do!!
June 29, 2013 at 11:20AM     
Everyone's grandbabies are so adorable! I'm so happy you shared pics, that's fabulous. I'd like to get my GD's pic up here too, but I won't do it without my DIL's ok and since I don't really want to talk to her I guess I'll pass!

Roo - Southwestern style - kind of hard to explain. This is a good example tho, if you throw a little pink in the mix. It's kind of a mix of Native American culture with a dusty color pallet. http://vonnstudio.com/subtle-southwestern-color-palette/
June 29, 2013 at 11:33AM     
STK, I feel for you! That's a terrible way to go. I'll take a quick heart attack over dementia all day everyday :(( Of course I'm immortal and too nasty to die so I'm not worried!
June 29, 2013 at 11:35AM     
mefor
Doesn't my new olive wood cutting board look like a retriever?
June 29, 2013 at 11:40AM     
mefor
He's got an eye and a mouth
June 29, 2013 at 11:41AM     
I saw this wall quote in a magazine ad and I thought it was perfect for our motto. It just seems to sum up the way we behave (or misbehave!)

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a ride!"

What do you think?
June 29, 2013 at 11:42AM     
mefor
I like it
June 29, 2013 at 11:44AM        Thanked by charleee
MP! What a great smile she has! And she's adventurous and unafraid, good for her!
June 29, 2013 at 11:46AM     
Jayme H.
This made me laugh...The dog is like, "I'm busted"!
June 29, 2013 at 11:50AM     
Jayme H.
Gorgeous pics MP!!
June 29, 2013 at 11:51AM     
Jayme, that's great!
June 29, 2013 at 11:51AM     
Ok, so tiling R's shower floor with pennies is now off the project board completely. There's no way to keep the marine epoxy from oozing out from under the pennies, and wherever it oozes the epoxy grout won't stick, so.....back to the drawing board we go!
June 29, 2013 at 11:52AM     
mpoulsom
oh lordy...thought about you this morning, bob...kept seeing something on the rug in the bathroom. Finally picked it up..it was a penny! I thought..is this a sign? But I guess not!
June 29, 2013 at 12:04PM        Thanked by charleee
Judy M
Sorry ladies, I don't know too many southern plants, different planting zone.

Saturday's are busy as it's renter changeover day. Hubby installed a new light over kitchen table at one house, old one had been working on and off for a couple months ago, so I finally ordered a new one. I did some weeding and changed the vacuum bag.

I cut hydrangeas today, filled 3 vases plus a bundle for my neighbor. Still a ton blooming.
Going to dinner tonight with friends, nice place, really good food.

Have a good one!
June 29, 2013 at 12:06PM     
Everyone is so cute and adorable, including the policeman and the dog.

mforr, this will be fun to see what everyone sees in your cutting board….the old rorsharch ink blot test.

I see a buffalo.

One day Bob and his best friend, Tim, head out for a day of golf.

Bob has promised his wife, Linda, he will be home by six for a special dinner she is preparing.

Six o'clock comes and goes…then 7…then 8. Linda is furious.

Finally at 9, car lights shine in the driveway. Bob can barely get out of the car without Linda's help. He is exhausted, dirty, sweaty and weak.

Linda, seeing his condition, goes into loving wife mode, realizing something awful has happened.

"Bob, sweet-heart, what happened to you?"

Bob, gulping for air, replies, "Tim and I tee-off, and boy, do we begin the day with some great shots. But when we get to the 8th hole, Tim grabs his chest and falls to the grass, dead".

"Oh, honey, that's terrible. No wonder you were so late; no wonder you are so frail. That is just so tragic. What did you do? You two were all alone?"

"Yes, it was so tragic and difficult. I had to hit the ball, drag Tim, hit the ball, drag Tim".
June 29, 2013 at 12:09PM        Thanked by charleee
JudyM, your hydrangeas are way ahead of mine…no color yet.

I think Croton, too. They are poisonous to pets and kids. So be careful.
June 29, 2013 at 12:12PM     
Jayme H.
In the cutting board, I see something reptile- like...dinosaur- like..the neck has rumpled skin.

This may become a rorschach test!
June 29, 2013 at 12:20PM     
Judyg, that's hilarious!
June 29, 2013 at 12:22PM     
mpoulsom
OH!!!!!!!! Bobbi I have new craft for you to try....did you guys see these toilet paper wedding dresses made out of charmin? A girl from SC won 1st place...wouldn't you know. Another embarrassing bit of news from SC! lol!
June 29, 2013 at 12:26PM        Thanked by charleee
mpoulsom
oops duplicated one! here's the other one that was in the top 3!
I think they could only use glue, scotch tape and something else to hold them together...some added glitter and stuff, but basically I think most of them used like 30 rolls of paper!
June 29, 2013 at 12:28PM        Thanked by charleee
Hilarious! But I'm already married! hehehe
June 29, 2013 at 12:28PM     
mpoulsom
You wouldn't want to be wearing that in the rain though!
June 29, 2013 at 12:30PM     
mpoulsom
Oh come on now bob...you and R can renew your wedding vows! IN VEGAS! and then get a quick divorce! lol!
June 29, 2013 at 12:31PM   
Robin W
Alright ladies... I survived. Tough tough run but I had amazing teammates who waited for me and cheered me on! I only have a few pics on my phone, first one is me after the race and the second one is me and DD. After the race obviously....
June 29, 2013 at 12:31PM        Thanked by charleee
armygirl1987
MP-stop showing grandbabies. Lol, no, she is really cute, she get it from gmom. Nice to see that everyone is enjoying their day. Bobbi-glad that penny thing went to the dogs. http://www.modwalls.com/RealPennyMosaicsMix.aspx...
June 29, 2013 at 12:32PM     
armygirl1987
mp-oh wow, that is different.
June 29, 2013 at 12:34PM     
armygirl1987
Yeah for Robin. I can just imagine, sometimes that is why I am glad that I am older, so that I can use age not to do things like that.
June 29, 2013 at 12:35PM     
MP, truer than you could know.

Robin! You're dirty, take a shower!
June 29, 2013 at 12:36PM     
armygirl1987
Well, off to Home Depot.
June 29, 2013 at 12:43PM     
mefor
It may not have been one, but girl, you are a tough mudder!!! Congratulations!!
June 29, 2013 at 12:44PM     
mpoulsom
way to go rob! looks sunny there, eh?
June 29, 2013 at 12:50PM     
mefor
Sure is MP, ya hoser
June 29, 2013 at 12:51PM     
Robin W
It was 70 degrees on our way to the run at 8am. And that's hot for Edmonton!

I just took my shower... quite possible the best shower I have ever taken.
June 29, 2013 at 12:53PM     
mpoulsom
angela, as old and warped as I am...i would probably do one of those mud run/obstacle course thingys. Just to see what it was like exactly. It always looks like a lot of fun. Yea, I'd be in last place, but that's not why i would do it!

question: if you get married in vegas, can you get a quickie divorce right there, right after too?
June 29, 2013 at 12:53PM     
mefor
Loved those guys
June 29, 2013 at 12:54PM     
mpoulsom
mforr...I wasn't really speaking canadian! ha!...I just say, "eh?" myself sometimes. I'm a freak, what do you want me to say?!
June 29, 2013 at 12:55PM     
Robin W
Mp - I don't know about Vegas but that's part of the reason I signed up for this race - to prove I could do it. Now DD wants to do it with us next year.
June 29, 2013 at 12:56PM     
mefor
I like freaks, it's all good!!
June 29, 2013 at 12:58PM     
Jayme H.
Called Humane Society & police..Police are sending someone to look for the animal to assess it's condition...so I did what I can. Feeling a little crazy to be so preoccupied with a starving goat, but I guess that's just me!
June 29, 2013 at 1:00PM     
Robin W
If everyone looked the other way, we'd live in a pretty awful world.
June 29, 2013 at 1:06PM     
Jayme H.
Thx Robin...I do it for humans too...(as do u)!
June 29, 2013 at 1:12PM     
Robin W
I twisted my ankle about a mile into the race. It's kinda starting to hurt now. Boo :(
June 29, 2013 at 1:18PM     
mpoulsom
mforr..i thought of another idea for your birdcage stand...have you looked at any decorative solar pretties? That might be kind of interesting. Or just a metal bird. I actually saw an ad in the paper the other day and it was a flat metal fake bird cage with a bird on it. It was very cool, but too big for your thing. Are you crafty? Can you make something cool and unique to hang from it?
June 29, 2013 at 1:22PM     
mefor
Thought about painting it oil rubbed bronze and hanging one of those twig balls with Xmas lights in it? I think they're meant to hang in your trees maybe?
June 29, 2013 at 1:25PM     
Jayme H.
How about a big, colorful fake parrot, like those ones from Mexico...hanging in the middle? Too cheesy?
June 29, 2013 at 1:28PM     
mpoulsom
OR a birdhouse, or one of those hanging plate type bird feeders?
June 29, 2013 at 1:28PM     
handymam
Wait a minute! Jayme is a grandma?? You must have had your daughter when you were 10! You look too young to have a 26 year old daughter!!
June 29, 2013 at 1:33PM     
armygirl1987
Mforr- these are not blue but what you think,
June 29, 2013 at 1:34PM   
armygirl1987
There is three in different shape an size.
June 29, 2013 at 1:36PM   
mefor
You could paint them blue, just mask off the metal bands, they'd look cool, but make sure they're big enough!!
June 29, 2013 at 1:38PM   
pattyannb
My hubby bought a big bird cage a few weeks ago... It's kind of rusty but I think we are going to take it in to have sandblasted and painted black... I am thinking about putting big candles in it???
June 29, 2013 at 1:39PM     
armygirl1987
Robin- I was a Drill Sergeant in the Army and as a female Drill, I had to do every single Obstacle Course so the females felt better about doing it. I had to lead from the front. So I am good.
June 29, 2013 at 1:39PM     
mefor
Like this, for birdcage stand. Worried it might look to weird in the day time. Giant alien pod slumbering on my porch
June 29, 2013 at 1:39PM     
armygirl1987
They not the same shape , does that matter
June 29, 2013 at 1:40PM   
mefor
That was my idea pattyannb, but the only birdcage I could find doesn't look great sizewise, so we're brainstorming other options until I can find the right birdcage
June 29, 2013 at 1:41PM   
mpoulsom
here's a birdhouse for ya! hahahahaha!
June 29, 2013 at 1:41PM     
mefor
I think the two that flank your front door would look better if they were the same size and shape.
June 29, 2013 at 1:42PM     
armygirl1987
The two are different size so no go
June 29, 2013 at 1:43PM     
mefor
That would make my neighbors call me in!!!
June 29, 2013 at 1:43PM     
mefor
Think so Angela, keep looking gal
June 29, 2013 at 1:43PM     
mpoulsom
I'll shut about this now, but i was just looking at butterflies, (because I love them) and the shape of a butterfly with open wings is kind of the shape of your stand top...........hhmmmmmmmmm
June 29, 2013 at 1:49PM     
Robin W
I love butterflies too. And dragonflies :)
June 29, 2013 at 1:53PM     
mefor
That's cool mp, they have those spinny ones in multi colors, wonder if they do them in single color, hmmmmm...
June 29, 2013 at 1:53PM     
mefor
June 29, 2013 at 1:57PM     
mefor
Looks a little small, but a possibility
June 29, 2013 at 1:57PM     
mefor
Pattyannb, this is the stand and the sub par cage
June 29, 2013 at 2:01PM   
mefor
Handyman, you're in and out like a flash!! Slow down, relax
June 29, 2013 at 2:04PM     
mefor
Good idea, EZ. I don't want to be responsible for any hallucinations!!
June 29, 2013 at 2:06PM   
mefor
It's pretty, isn't it :)
June 29, 2013 at 2:13PM   
Robin W
Thank you Auntie Ez! I'm definitely resting it right now. DD went swimming with her cousins today so I'm just relaxing. Fighting to stay awake :)
June 29, 2013 at 2:14PM   
mpoulsom
take a nap woman! while the house is quiet!

mforr you can always spray paint anything metal you find. :)
June 29, 2013 at 2:17PM     
armygirl1987
Mforr- some cute nightstands
June 29, 2013 at 2:22PM   
mefor
They are cute, can you get a pair or put two together if they're close to same height? I'm kind of a symmetrical girl myself. I like matching nightstands, nothing else has to be matchy, matchy just the nightstands.
June 29, 2013 at 2:25PM     
mpoulsom
way off subject, but a good thing to be reminded of sometimes!

FABLE OF THE PORCUPINE______________________

It was the coldest winter ever.

Many animals died because of the cold. The porcupines, realizing the situation, decided to group together. This way they could protect themselves; but the quills of each one wounded their closest companionis even though they gave off heat to each other.

After awhile, they decided to distance themselves one from the other and they began to die, alone and frozen.

So they had to make a choice: either accept the quills of their companions or disappear from the Earth. Wisely, they decided to go back to being together. This way they learned to live with the little wounds that were caused by the close relationship with their companion, but the most important part of it, was the heat that came from the others.

This way they were able to survive.

Moral of the story: The best relationship is not the one that brings together perfect people, but the best is when each individual learns to live with the imperfections of others and can admire the other person's good qualities.

iN OTHER WORDS.....

LEARN TO LOVE THE LITTLE PRICKS IN YOUR LIFE.
June 29, 2013 at 2:26PM     
mefor
Haha, like it MP
June 29, 2013 at 2:27PM   
mefor
Never know, EZ, may not always be alone in there.
June 29, 2013 at 2:28PM   
mefor
Angela, you could always get the lakeside with drawer, and paint it the lagoon color, or one just a little lighter. Custom nightstand to go with your Ross sheets. :)
June 29, 2013 at 2:32PM   
mefor
The only rain in the whole state just poured out of the heavens, and now the sun is blazing. Crazy steaming roads!!
June 29, 2013 at 2:33PM   
mefor
See the little spot on the coast? That was tremendous, and then it was gone. The red pin is where I live in Hunterdon County.
June 29, 2013 at 2:47PM   
mefor
Forgot pic, lol
June 29, 2013 at 2:48PM     
pattyannb
mforr, I like that bird cage! How about a ivy plant or hanging plant.... pull it out of the cage? Then hang a little butterfly from the top...
June 29, 2013 at 2:48PM     
OK, seriously? I had 56 emails, all notifications from today's OLLD! Man you guys talk a lot! hehehe

Went to Starbucks for a frap, took Rocky so he didn't have to stay outside alone and he pooped out on us! That's how hot It is!
June 29, 2013 at 2:57PM     
mpoulsom
ladies..i'm about to leave work and am not sure if the internet is working at home or not??? So if you don't hear from me til monday, have a great weekend!!! love to all!
June 29, 2013 at 2:58PM        Thanked by charleee
Linda, or STK, or anyone who knows how to measure square footage, how do you measure when you have two "L"s? Please?
June 29, 2013 at 2:59PM     
mpoulsom
poor baby rocky! and poor you guys too! lol!
June 29, 2013 at 2:59PM     
MP, remind me, I have a cost comparison for lifestyles, showing S.C. and CA! But you'll need to remind me!
June 29, 2013 at 3:00PM     
Michele, we coulda been neighbors! Do you know where Woodbridge is?
June 29, 2013 at 3:01PM     
Jayme H.
@Handymam...Thank you...You made my day!! I am 47....just lucky with the aging process...except for my back, that is!
-Mforr...I love your balls!! lol
June 29, 2013 at 3:12PM     
Jayme H.
Congrats Robin!! DD looks a lot like my niece...eerily so!
June 29, 2013 at 3:13PM   
mefor
Hahahahahahahahaha!!!! Love it jayme!! I like them too!
Olldbobbi, of course I know where Woodbridge is, I used to live in union county, not too far. :)
June 29, 2013 at 3:16PM     
Well, that's where I'm from! Port Reading, Woodbridge Township, Middlesex County! Man this is a small world!
June 29, 2013 at 3:18PM     
mefor
It sure is, look at our Canadian gals all living so close to each other in a country as vast as Canada, pretty amazing when you think about it :)
June 29, 2013 at 3:26PM     
S. Thomas Kutch
Bobbi..... break it up into separate definable blocks..... figure the square foot of each block and add them together for a total...... no problem.

Robin, congratulations on out running the bear....... I know there had to be a bear or big dog chasing you. It's just logical.

MP..... I can look, it's a free world and besides, you posted them on a public domain......btw, cute daughter and even cuter grand daughter.

Shopping went well............for Lisa......but I did get 2 new shirts ....... on sale......never, never go shopping with a woman who has admitted the need for shopping therapy.....won't say how much she spent, but she did save over $400 by buying on sale.......now that's some therapy, as she says much cheaper than going to a shrink for 4 hours. Actually, I can't complain, in 13 years, I'm not sure Lisa has ever paid full price for anything she's bought.
June 29, 2013 at 3:34PM        Thanked by charleee
Thanks, kittypa, that's what I thought!
June 29, 2013 at 3:47PM   
armygirl1987
Between STK and Bobbi-I have no need to be sad. I am constantly laughing reading this update.
June 29, 2013 at 3:57PM     
armygirl1987
mforr-you want me to post here or on my dilemma...
June 29, 2013 at 3:58PM     
mefor
I'm here, wherever you're comfortable. At least here we can keep an eye on the others, lol
June 29, 2013 at 4:03PM     
STK, can you please tell me if I did this right? Or, even if I'm close? In inches, converted to feet, this is what I've measured: Oh, I rounded whenever I could, better t have too much than not enough!

section 1: 24x81 = 2x7 = 14 sq ft
section 2: 24x66 = 2x5.5 = 11 sq ft
section 3: 24x70 = 2x6 = 12 sq ft
section 4: 24x24 = 2x2 = 4 sq ft

For a total of 41 sq ft? Am I close?
June 29, 2013 at 4:08PM   
mefor
Bobbi, what on earth are you measuring? Windows?
June 29, 2013 at 4:11PM        Thanked by charleee
armygirl1987
I forgot the dirt, so....................
June 29, 2013 at 4:15PM     
Ha ha Michele, no my kitchen countertop!
June 29, 2013 at 4:17PM     
mefor
What color flowers Angela?
June 29, 2013 at 4:24PM     
armygirl1987
I got peach Hibiscus as suggested.
June 29, 2013 at 4:26PM     
mefor
That will be beautiful, love the hibiscus, yay!!
June 29, 2013 at 4:27PM     
armygirl1987
I do too, that was why I was glad that them and crotons were suggested. Here they are staged, that Home Depot mainly had the small ones so when I go get the dirt will pick up two more.
June 29, 2013 at 4:33PM     
mefor
That's going to look really great, Angela. When it grows in just a little bit, will look like expensive landscaper project. I love it! :)
June 29, 2013 at 4:35PM     
kimdee24
Good job Robin! I could hear the hooting and hollering and music and announcer all the way across the river today! Sounds like a great event!

I had a tremendous back nine today... 42 (6 over par). My front nine was nothing to write home about but the back nine is much harder, and I was hitting the ball extremely well today. There's hope!!!
June 29, 2013 at 4:38PM     
mefor
Watching hgtv star from last week on demand with my daughter. When did Genevieve gorder turn into such a nasty "miss thing"? She used to be so fresh and funny on trading spaces years ago. Now she's always having "moments" and she says "yeah?" after so many of her sentences now. What is that?
June 29, 2013 at 4:43PM     
Congrats, Kim!

Michele, funny, I never like her, I always thought she was so full of herself.
June 29, 2013 at 4:51PM     
mefor
Ever since her own show, she got so affected, she used to be more spontaneous and funny back in the day. It wasn't all faked then, but it sure is now!! Shame
June 29, 2013 at 4:53PM     
armygirl1987
I used to watch those show religiously but have not in a long time.
June 29, 2013 at 4:53PM     
I can't remember the last time I turned on HGTV. Actually, R watches it more than I do because he likes that show "I Want That". And I know this is sacrilege, but I can't stand Candace Olsen! I do like Sarah Richardson, tho. And Tommy!!!
June 29, 2013 at 4:55PM   
mefor
I like Sarah too, and snarky little tommy, he's a hoot. And Sarah is really sweet and talented. Hgtv stinks now. It's all real estate and blah, blah, blah. But my baby girl likes the design star show. We just finished it and it was awful, there must be son any commercials now that there is hardly any show content. Honestly can say they didn't show 95% of what was done in room. Waste of time. Now I'm tuning in to my favorite thing all summer long, Tour de France!!!! I love cycling, favorite sport. I'm like guys with their baseball stats when it comes to bike racing, lol. For the next 3 weeks, I will be glued to the TV either early in the morning to watch it live or in the afternoon, which is the best time, I like the English commentators better. Or in the evening, which is ok, but there's too much extra info shoved in. It's just starting today, 21 days of bliss for me.
June 29, 2013 at 5:05PM     
Millions of commercials! And I find as I age, I don't like the silly goofy stuff on HGTV. Suzanne Wang was good. I don't watch the cycling. R is of course addicted to futbol (soccer) and we're having trouble with the Spanish channel reception (dang it all!) and if you think watching a Spanish channel is boring when you don't speak it, you should see the same game in English. Yawn.
June 29, 2013 at 5:08PM     
S. Thomas Kutch
bobbi... you're spot on girl.......
June 29, 2013 at 5:08PM        Thanked by charleee
Oh no, really STK? I didn't want to be right! That's a whole lot of damn tile. Dang it all to hell! But thanks, I appreciate your guidance and assistance! Another project bites the dust :((
June 29, 2013 at 5:09PM     
kimdee24
All I know about Candace Olson is that her wallpaper is STINKIN' expensive. Good grief, it was crazy priced when we costed it out. I got just as nice a paper for a fraction of the cost.
June 29, 2013 at 5:10PM        Thanked by charleee
Kim, everything she does is over the top! Glitz and glamour galore. Fits right into my little cow town!
June 29, 2013 at 5:11PM     
mefor
Not a big futbol fan either. Went to World Cup in jersey baby!!! Ireland vs Italy, brought my cousin, she's English, huge football fan. Must be 18-19 years ago. Wow. Doesn't seem that long ago. Oooooooooohhhhhhh, that's sooo sad :(
June 29, 2013 at 5:12PM     
kimdee24
I think it was something like $69 a LINEAR FOOT. WTF! That's what I should be paying for a double roll. Cripes.
June 29, 2013 at 5:13PM     
Oh yeah right Kim! Give me a break, who on earth has that kind of a budget?
June 29, 2013 at 5:14PM     
kimdee24
Oh, Feeny, I'm staying out of that one. He and I (F) and I have had and argument about the exact same issue in the past and I'm not going there again. Apparently he is a code expert, even when the code is Canadian.
June 29, 2013 at 5:17PM     
armygirl1987
Oh wow, this Fred needs to be slap
June 29, 2013 at 5:18PM     
kimdee24
Not me, Bobbi. That's for darned sure.
June 29, 2013 at 5:18PM     
armygirl1987
He said ignorant people....
June 29, 2013 at 5:18PM     
kimdee24
Oh he accused me of the same, Angela. And I had it right there in front of me.
June 29, 2013 at 5:19PM     
armygirl1987
Oh wow really kimdee, what an a hole.
June 29, 2013 at 5:23PM     
DIAspoton
no kittypa, i'm spot on! ok just kidding.
so looks like you folks have been busy today.

yeah robin and KD for todays athletic triumphs.
angela , your place is looking great. .
mforr and bobbi, i like sarah and tommy too. loved the gray kitchen she did in the new spec house.
don't watch much HGTV. too ridiculous. can't imagine the homeowner follow up horror stories of things left done wrong due to insane deadlines.
June 29, 2013 at 5:34PM     
armygirl1987
Done
June 29, 2013 at 5:36PM        Thanked by charleee
DIA, you are spot on! hehehe
June 29, 2013 at 5:36PM   
Thanks, sweetie!
June 29, 2013 at 5:36PM     
armygirl1987
I am so tired.....Gym yesterday and walking this morning my legs can barely move. I am watching Vampire Diaries and I am sure that I am one. Lol
June 29, 2013 at 5:39PM     
Jayme H.
Feeny...Had a moment with him myself, basically, I used his own words back to him, and he settled down...he is living out in the woods someplace alone...something is not right.
June 29, 2013 at 5:40PM     
Jayme H.
The pool is up and filling...nevermind a few slanted poles...we r on that!! lol...all hell is gonna break loose around here soon....I'm gonna charge admission this year! ha ha
June 29, 2013 at 5:43PM     
Oh, man, Jayme! I'm coming to your house right NOW!!!
June 29, 2013 at 5:48PM     
Jayme H.
@bobbi...cmon up..we have a full basement and half the time no one goes down there...pool is 18 feet x 48" deep...I plan to wallow in it as much as possible...We sit out in our yard..grill, etc...sit by the firepit, and carry on in the pool!! Lots of fun!!
June 29, 2013 at 5:59PM        Thanked by charleee
The thermometer just hit 110 in the backyard! I have a ceramic ashtray on my glass patio table and I can't touch either one. I have to bring my lighter in the house with me so it doesn't explode! And they say Tuesday will be the hottest day.....
June 29, 2013 at 5:59PM     
News headlines - HEATWAVE. No kidding?
June 29, 2013 at 6:00PM     
Jayme H.
bobbi...My Aunt used to have an old clawfoot bathtub in her backyard..she would sit back there and soak in it when it was hot!!
June 29, 2013 at 6:05PM     
Ha! I may join her!
June 29, 2013 at 6:06PM     
armygirl1987
Good night all, this girl is tired and need to rest up for tomorrow.
June 29, 2013 at 6:24PM     
Linda
Ok everybody, I'll tell you all about the nutty collection of stuff I bought today (and have not yet told my husband!) I went to a garage sale, ended up calling my business partner to come look at some of the stuff. Another guy there was getting a big pile of stuff and so was I. The seller said that he would sell the whole lot for one price. So, I ended up going in with the guy I met at the sale (who actually lives only a couple blocks from me) and we bought the entire collection!

This was an older guy and his wife, and their sons are plumbers who ended up moving to Texas and left the entire inventory of parts, supplies, tools, storage, etc. So, we ended up going in halves with the other guy and we're going to split the inventory. He's more interested in the materials while we're more into the tools but there's more than enough to supply both of us. Lots and lots of copper fittings (no pipe though), batch of step ladders, tools, valves, faucets, repair parts.The last big project we did where we needed to do a complete house we spent as much on materials for one 1800 sq ft house as we did to buy half of this stock. Plus, we got a decent riding lawnmower and a good appliance dolly both of which are useful to us.

There's enough value in the collection that we'll get our money's worth even if we don't end up with an even split and I think we'll figure out how to divide the stuff reasonably evenly.
June 29, 2013 at 6:27PM     
Goodnight Angela! Get some rest.

Dang Linda! That's great! Good job!
June 29, 2013 at 6:29PM     
mefor
Night Angela :)
June 29, 2013 at 6:32PM     
Jayme H.
Bobbi...this made me think of you! Stay cooled off!
June 29, 2013 at 6:33PM     
Jayme H.
Ni night Angela...sleep well, with visions of a great deal on tile installation dancing in your head!!
June 29, 2013 at 6:34PM     
mefor
Now that's a good way to stay cool, can you fit in the bird bath Bobbi?
June 29, 2013 at 6:35PM     
Jayme, you can delete but I saw your message in my email inbox! And for the record, I was so completely inept at putting eyeliner on, I had it tattooed!
June 29, 2013 at 6:39PM     
DIAspoton
nice score linda. it's fun to hit on a big one. didn't buy much to sell today. bought an old 15 panel mahogany door which i'll have fun with. probably dry brush a few colors and distress it. add a large mirror, some antique hardware and lean it against a tall wall. it would also make a great headboard, potting stand or a desktop with a piece of glass over it. 4 coffee table books on architecture and photography. all like new and only $1.00 each.
June 29, 2013 at 6:40PM     
Nice, Mo!
June 29, 2013 at 6:41PM     
mefor
Your arms appear to be rather limp, this heat wave is not doing you any good. Sit up there young lady!!
June 29, 2013 at 6:41PM        Thanked by charleee
Jayme H.
mforr...always cool off the belly!
June 29, 2013 at 6:45PM     
mefor
Or rub butter on it.
June 29, 2013 at 6:47PM     
Gross!
June 29, 2013 at 6:48PM     
Jayme H.
if u rub butter on it u will turn into a Thanksgiving turkey
June 29, 2013 at 6:53PM     
Jayme H.
@Bobbi...the eyeliner comment I removed cuz I didn't want u to think I was saying u looked like a raccoon! LOL...BTW..I used to wear thick, blue eyeliner in the 80's..I looked like I belonged in a "hair" band!! I am capable of applying eyeliner in the dark and/or without a mirror...I do have priorities. LOL
June 29, 2013 at 6:54PM     
Be nice! I'm not that fat!
June 29, 2013 at 6:54PM     
mefor
C'mon, old fashioned tanning, what could it hurt? For the savage popcorn tan ;)
June 29, 2013 at 6:54PM     
mefor
You're not Buddha.
June 29, 2013 at 6:55PM     
Jayme H.
judyg...do u mean Fred isn't getting "any" ? I agree if so.
June 29, 2013 at 6:56PM     
Jayme H.
Bobbi..the raccoon isn't fat, it's just stretched out!!
June 29, 2013 at 6:57PM     
mefor
Hey jayme, that's what he said!!!!! Woo hoo!! If I can't say that to you guys at least once a week, I'm not going to be happy
June 29, 2013 at 6:57PM     
mefor
I meant that for the thanksgiving turkey post. But it works with the last one too, badabing, oh!
June 29, 2013 at 6:58PM     
Jayme H.
mforr...OMGosh..ha ha...
June 29, 2013 at 7:00PM     
Jayme H.
Fred could never follow this conversation..He would just call us "those uninformed women".
June 29, 2013 at 7:01PM     
mefor
It's just stretched out! Lolololololololol
June 29, 2013 at 7:02PM     
Jayme H.
Linda...Congrats..that's a score!!
June 29, 2013 at 7:02PM     
Jayme H.
Stretched out is fine if it's a tight bra! (or was, I meant)!
June 29, 2013 at 7:03PM     
kimdee24
Ignorant, uninformed women, thank you very much.
June 29, 2013 at 7:03PM     
mefor
Well, you're certainly welcome, kimdee. From one ignorant gal to another, of course :)
June 29, 2013 at 7:05PM     
kimdee24
Of course :)
June 29, 2013 at 7:08PM     
armygirl1987
So my cable is not working in my bedroom again. The ceiling fan is just going round and round. Sleep is evading me. Bobbi tell me to go to sleep my mom is in Jamaica at least I will listen to you since I cannot talk to her. Just kidding Bobbi.
June 29, 2013 at 7:20PM     
Question! Did anyone see the movie Despicable Me? What are the little yellow things?

Angela!!!! GO TO SLEEP!!!! Did that help?
June 29, 2013 at 7:23PM     
mefor
They're gru's minions
June 29, 2013 at 7:26PM     
What's a minion?
June 29, 2013 at 7:27PM     
mefor
Why?
June 29, 2013 at 7:28PM     
mefor
A minion is a favorite little helper, usually for evil guys. Faithful servant kind of thing
June 29, 2013 at 7:29PM        Thanked by charleee
mefor
Why?
June 29, 2013 at 7:29PM   
Why? Is it a top secret or something? We're watching it on Comedy Central but we came in late so we don't know what's going on!!!!
June 29, 2013 at 7:30PM     
mefor
Do you want some minions of your own? Aren't we enough? ;)
June 29, 2013 at 7:30PM     
Where did they come from and why do some have one eye and some have two?
June 29, 2013 at 7:30PM     
Oh you're plenty Michele!
June 29, 2013 at 7:31PM     
mefor
They're really cute.
June 29, 2013 at 7:31PM     
mefor
I must be really cute then!!! Enjoy your movie :)
June 29, 2013 at 7:32PM        Thanked by charleee
armygirl1987
Bobbi- no cause I am over here laughing at you and Mforr. Minions
June 29, 2013 at 7:32PM     
What song? Is this 'puzzle Saturday'?
June 29, 2013 at 7:34PM     
mefor
Shhhhhh, go to sleep...go to sleep... Go to sleep little Angela, lala laaaa la lala laaaa la
June 29, 2013 at 7:34PM     
Where did the little yellow minions come from?
June 29, 2013 at 7:35PM     
kimdee24
Minions! I want some!
June 29, 2013 at 7:37PM        Thanked by charleee
Anyone remember the song "Killing Me Softly" by Roberta Flack? And some remade it, badly? WHY???
June 29, 2013 at 7:37PM     
mefor
Here
June 29, 2013 at 7:37PM     
mefor
I think gru and his scientist buddy made them
June 29, 2013 at 7:38PM     
Oh, ok, thanks.
June 29, 2013 at 7:38PM     
mefor
You know the old guy is Russell Brand, haha that cracks me up
June 29, 2013 at 7:38PM     
mefor
Killing me softly.. Two times
June 29, 2013 at 7:39PM     
Cwacks you up??? hehehe
June 29, 2013 at 7:41PM     
kimdee24
I am so tired I am ready for bed. But it's only 8:30. Mega-sigh.
June 29, 2013 at 7:41PM     
mefor
Oldbobbi, you don't like the Fugees, huh?
June 29, 2013 at 7:43PM     
I hear you EZ!

Ok, night all! Pleasant dreams!
June 29, 2013 at 7:44PM     
kimdee24
It was hot here today (for us), but nothing in comparison to what Eztia and Bobbi are experiencing. We're looking at 91F for Tuesday and (for us) that is about as hot as it gets around here.
June 29, 2013 at 7:46PM     
mefor
We seem to be getting the weather from the middle and end of July already.
Good night Bobbi, dream of little minions, raccoons and Roberta Flack tonight, there will be a test in the morning. ;)
June 29, 2013 at 7:49PM     
Jayme H.
minions, onions....oblivions..(not a word)...tra la la la laaaa! It's Sat. night and I think my goat has been saved...pool is up..neighbors dropping in and inbetween...I have all of U guys...So Lucky...says Jayme :)
June 29, 2013 at 7:56PM     
mefor
My race is done, time to rest. Goodnight everyone, see you tomorrow:)
June 29, 2013 at 7:57PM     
mefor
What a lovely song jayme!!
June 29, 2013 at 7:58PM     
Jayme H.
Thx Mforr...Sleep Well Sunshine!
June 29, 2013 at 8:01PM   
mefor
You too sweetie pie!!
June 29, 2013 at 8:02PM     
Jayme H.
Thx mforr...Hope everyone else gets a good rest...stay cool, enjoys their evening!
Thx Eztia...for all of your sweetness!
bobbi bird...stay cool!
Where is Roo, is she in bed? I get turned around by the time thing...
and David, and Studio and Orange Camera and a few others...Where is our chef?
I better shut it and relax...just thinking of all the others. STK must be busy.
Anyhow...love u all...I am too snoopy to not check in again soon, until then..xoxoxoxo!!!!!!!!!
June 29, 2013 at 8:15PM     
Jayme H.
Or I guess it should be..."Enjoy their evenings" vs. enjoys their evening...why do I always worry about my English?
June 29, 2013 at 8:16PM     
Jayme H.
OK..sorry..but I can't help myself..does this animal look well to u guys?
June 29, 2013 at 8:54PM   
Jayme H.
Notice the hip bones...back bone..poor thing..looked worse in person.
June 29, 2013 at 8:57PM   
kimdee24
awwwwwwwwww..... glad you called about him! Ughhh that makes me angry.

Well, goodnight lovelies... I'm going to hit the hay. See you all tomorrow and sweet dreams to all of you! xoxo
June 29, 2013 at 9:02PM     
Jayme H.
Thx Kimdee....glad u can see it too.
June 29, 2013 at 9:06PM     
olldroo
Good night all of you, you have really outdone yourselves today - 269 EMAILS!!!! Did Feeny drop by, I don't see her posts though, she must have deleted. Anyway, Hi Feeny, missing you.

We sure are one bunch of special people with such gorgeous grands. For all you newcomers, talking about co-incidences, we had one OLLD once whose grands go to the same school as Miss 7. DDs are still yet to meet up.

Robin - congrats on your run - tomorrow will be the telling time.

Astraea, the fact that Miss 7 is in Australia while the bf is in Alaska is why they couldn't be much further apart - unless he went to visit Santa and we took a trip to Antartica. DD won't let her out of her sight at the moment, but I'm sure in years to come she will.

Jayme, congrats on saving the goat - hope you get feedback on it.

Bobbi - thanks for the link, love those Southwestern style colours, I thought they would have been perfect with Revere Pewter :))) Seriously.

Love those wedding dresses, but am stunned at the tatts on the model. Can't believe she would get work with them. Jokes very clever, love the dog getting frisked, AND the best news of all ...................

AFTER 16 STRAIGHT DAYS we finally had a sighting of the big yellow ball in the sky. Dare we hope for more???

Talking crotons too - here is mine, totally different
June 29, 2013 at 9:06PM     
mefor
Those people had better get into some trouble for that. Just awful.
On a lighter note, what do you think that woman thought when my mommy told me to come and look at goat pictures on our thread?
There are tears running down my cheeks, I probably woke everyone up here I laughed so loud. I'm still laughing now, OMG that looked so funny!!!
I'm all wired up because I stayed up to watch the race. Grrrrrrr... I'll still wake up at 4 or 5... Can't help it :)
June 29, 2013 at 9:08PM     
mefor
That lady hasn't posted anything since this, I'm still laughing, she must think we are nuts.
June 29, 2013 at 9:14PM     
olldroo
Ooops, photo didn't attach
June 29, 2013 at 9:15PM     
olldroo
OK - Houzz doesn't want my photo, you lot must have used up our quota for the day - for the third time
June 29, 2013 at 9:21PM     
mefor
It's here, it's got such thin leaves, I've never seen one like that before. Must be native to your part of the world
June 29, 2013 at 9:23PM   
mefor
You're welcome, eztia, it was my pleasure, lovely song. Bing Crosby
June 29, 2013 at 9:26PM     
mefor
Thank you, good night ladies :)
June 29, 2013 at 9:29PM     
olldroo
Croton - could be mforr, but we have many different varieties and colours.
June 29, 2013 at 9:49PM     
pattyannb
Roo... my new plant is just like that only it doesn't have spots...What is that?
Night all...
Oh... I spilled a little vodka (mix) tonight on my oak floors... when I wiped it up... OMG! I think I found the best cleaner ever.... LoL... I think it took off some of the whatever they put on it to keep it whatever...
STK?... I have used vinegar, but it leaves a film, cloudy, stuff on the floor... I have tried pretty much everything..
The doggy paws, and the sand from the beach always seem to be a major problem... Oh, and I think the bare feet... OK... time for a mindless game on facebook... Hugs to all of you..
June 29, 2013 at 10:38PM        Thanked by charleee
Jayme H.
Mud racing, grandchildren in the sand, plants, crabs: some of which are human, bargains, projects, excessive heat, laughter & fun....welcome to the OLLDS...
June 29, 2013 at 11:17PM     
olldroo
Patty, that is my croton, no idea what it could be without the spots. I chose it because it goes with my black/yellow dining room........... when I work out where to put it exactly.

Alcohol does have great cleaning qualities, makes you wonder what it does to the stomach sometimes. And for cleaning driveways and concrete areas there is nothing like Coca Cola. It is also great for cleaning greasy mechanics overalls.

Jayme - you forgot saving the animals.
June 29, 2013 at 11:22PM     
Jayme H.
Roo...alcohol corrodes the stomach...also esophagus..in excess...plus it burns the liver..but who am I to be a party pooper?

...Yes..and also saving animals! Or at least trying to....

Also..Coca cola has been used in healthcare to unplug nasogastric tubes...which are inside of patients...

xoxo Roo
June 29, 2013 at 11:34PM     
Jayme H.
Yes Pamela..I am a stray that showed up here...they took me in...LOL ...welcome
June 29, 2013 at 11:50PM     
Jayme H.
Chat with u all tomorrow..or later today! LOL...come back Pamela..glad to meet u!
June 29, 2013 at 11:51PM   
olldroo
Hi Pamela, nice to have another Aussie on board to help me keep these Yanks under control. I'm only down the road on the northern side of Sydney. The OLLD actually stands for Old Ladies Love Design and this daily thread was formed by a group of regulars as we kept hijacking other people's for our personal little catchups. We have now expanded our age group by taking in some "trainees" - after all someone has to continue the good work when we get to forgetting who we are and our arthritic fingers refuse to type. We have also taken a couple of Roosters into the Henhouse, but Sir David of Ironwood is in our prayers at the moment as he is not a well man, so we just have Kutchie to help out with the professional "man" things. Most of the Ollds are in the US of course, with 3 in Canada (and by co-incidence quite near each other), 2 in Scotland, one in Switzerland and one in Holland who drops by occasionally. Hope I've left no one out, I will be in serious trouble.

How are you surviving this rain? I'm probably feeling it more as my 2nd DD who lives in LA arrived with grands to spend 4 weeks here and so far in the first 16 days they have only gotten out once to do the sightseeing things they enjoy.

We start a new thread each US day - which is usually around 8pm our time, for the previous day, always under OLLD and the date written the US way. What gets discussed is in the lap of the Gods.
June 30, 2013 at 12:11AM        Thanked by charleee
olldroo
Yes it is belting down here again now and even if it does let up, it will probably be days before it is dry enough to go a lot of places. I do hope the silicone works on the skylight, the buckets in the loungeroom (or anywhere) would be a nightmare.

I have just renovated both my bathrooms and put those fan/heater/lights in - they make a huge difference. The Yanks can't work out how we put them in the roof as we do without them causing problems.

Good TV night tonight at least. Catch you later on tomorrow's thread.
June 30, 2013 at 12:52AM     
DIAspoton
welcome to the fun pamela.
4:55AM here in SE US. my dogs woke me for no apparent reason.
that's funny about your husband wanting you to admire his handy work it seems universal that a woman can do 100 thiings without expecting recognition or praise and a man does one chore, however mundane, and has to call us to show it off!

roo, bath light/fan/and heater? will it really warm the room quickly? my GC is supposed to install a fan/ light this week. i'd love to get one with aheater. the bath has high ceilings with a skylight and is always called in winter.
June 30, 2013 at 2:03AM     
Hello Pamela, and a very warm welcome from California where we are broiling with heat! It's 3 AM and the temp "dropped" to 80 from 112 (which is about 44 C). Everyday we start a new thread in the "Other" section of Houzz. We try to keep the title consistent so it's searchable - OLLD and the current date. I'll open 6/30 if no one else has already, please join us, we're always looking for fresh ideas!
June 30, 2013 at 3:40AM     
Oh good! I thought I'd have to learn a new language! hehehe
June 30, 2013 at 4:17AM     
armygirl1987
Welcome Pamela, I am Angela from South Florida
June 30, 2013 at 4:19AM     
mefor
Good night, Pamela, nice to meet you for a brief moment, I'm Michele from NJ, I'll talk to you when you come back to us, sweet dreams!! :)
June 30, 2013 at 4:50AM     
Pamela, watch out for mforr, she's trouble! hehehe
June 30, 2013 at 4:51AM     
armygirl1987
Yes she is
June 30, 2013 at 4:59AM     
mefor
Oh, Bobbi, I'm just your faithful minion. I have two eyes!!
Go walk that dog, Angela!!! I'll give you guys troublemaker!!
June 30, 2013 at 5:02AM     
mefor
Yes, I'll be pouring them down oldbobbi's back!!! There's your trouble now woman!!!! Mwah hahaha!!
June 30, 2013 at 5:10AM     
Evil laugh! Evil laugh! Michele, go to 6/30, you can start more trouble there :))
June 30, 2013 at 5:13AM     
mefor
I'm already starting trouble there!! ;)
June 30, 2013 at 5:16AM     
astraea
I shut down my pc about 3 pm Saturday, to attend a graduation party. When I logged on this morning, there were 248 (I kid you not) new posts to this OLLD 6/29 discussion! I'm overwhelmed just thinking about reading that many .. think I'd better just start with Sunday!
June 30, 2013 at 7:55AM     
olldroo
Beat you Astraea - when I logged on this morning I had 265.
June 30, 2013 at 8:07AM     
Roo! What time is it there? Go to bed young lady!
June 30, 2013 at 8:10AM     
astraea
Roo - that was just for THIS discussion; there were more notifications from other discussions!!
June 30, 2013 at 8:12AM     
OLLD 5/29
Morning all! I saw a great quote today, perfect for...
OLLD 10/29
Hello, Happy Tuesday :) What's happening?
OLLD 11/29
Greetings, OLLDs. I am hoping all of you who celebrated...
OLLD 7/29
Be sure to take fifteen minutes to relax some time...
OLLD 10/29
Good morning ladies!
Have I made a huge mistake? Husband comes home in two days!
We just had our bedroom painted (see photographs -...
Server/buffet
I want to get a server/buffet for my dining room but...
Wall Hangers
I saw an article about the Property Brother's house...
Need help with my living room!
love these new curtains but need some help figuring...
Windows- to dress or not to dress?
We just moved into our house about a month ago and...