Not sure what art to put around the TV
Lindsay
I'm not sure what to do with this wall. The alarm system and programmable thermostat on the right can't be moved. I don't know what size art should go up there. The picture of the tree that's up there now is just a placeholder. Does anyone have any suggestions?
How about just paint a rectangle (the burnt orange?) on the wall behind the painting and tv? I'd "frame" the two pieces as one, about 4" away from the sides of the art/tv. Using painters tape and a clean, crisp line will have a polished look.
0 Likes   June 29, 2013 at 2:19PM
giniaginia
can you take a picture from further back, so we can see more of the space? And whats right behind the wall with thermostat and alarm? It isn't hard to move them directly behind that wall if there is space there.(if you're slightly handy that is)
0 Likes   Thanked by Lindsay    June 29, 2013 at 2:19PM
Yes, my suggestion would be nothing.
2 Likes   Thanked by Lindsay    June 29, 2013 at 2:21PM
Margo's suggestion is a good one! Nothing may be best. Here is something like I was thinking, without the surrounding moulding. Just a nice square "accent" behind the "art".

1 Like   Thanked by Lindsay    June 29, 2013 at 2:26PM
Lindsay
I attached another picture from the corner of the room, so hopefully that helps.

@Darzy and Margo, we aren't keeping that picture of the the landscape. My mom bought it and lives far away, so we hung it up above the the TV until we find something of our own that we like enough to put up there.

Margo, you think that we should take that picture down and have nothing?

@ginia, we are renters, so moving things in walls isn't something we can do. There is a closet right behind that wall, and the thermostat, alarm, and motion detector are all wired, so we would have to figure that out and then patch up the holes. If we owned the house it would be fine, but since we don't I'd rather not.
0 Likes   June 30, 2013 at 6:55AM
Yes, Nothing, if you are keeping the set up with this cabinet. I also could see a framed out unit to house the TV for some height. I say nothing, as I am considering the function of a TV. The eyes should be watching the program not any distraction around. Not all will agree, but this forum allows opinions and thoughts that one might not have considered. I go aaah, everyday reading posts:)
0 Likes   Thanked by Lindsay    June 30, 2013 at 7:28AM
0 Likes   June 30, 2013 at 8:01AM
When hanging art puts it above door and window frames, it is best to hang nothing. TV does not require decor as it entertainment and should be able to hold people's attention without something else to look at. You probably have another space that needs art more than the TV wall does.
1 Like   Thanked by Lindsay    June 30, 2013 at 9:33AM
Kim Meehardt
How about a larger TV and mount it to the wall?
0 Likes   June 30, 2013 at 9:39AM
Lindsay
I wish we could mount it to the wall--we're renters, so even what's up there uses Command strips! We would need something like this (http://www.wayfair.com/Home-Loft-Concept-58-TV-Stand-WLK1248.html), and the TV is already above eye level as it is.

Thanks all, I guess that we won't be putting anything up there after my parents come and pick up their painting!
0 Likes   June 30, 2013 at 1:16PM
giniaginia
Its very cute apt. Much larger than I thought. Yes give the pic back. If your artistic something like this looks cute. Or paint that wall horizontal stripes like the color of the curtains. Or the aqua color. or totally fun ,the red of the chairs. Mostly just have what you LOVE:) oh yeah I love the flowers...also, get a palm tree.
0 Likes   Thanked by Lindsay    June 30, 2013 at 3:05PM
Not sure what to put to the right of the tv?
My husband and I are renting. I'm not sure what to...
keturah627
What to put around metal wall art
I need help finding items to place around this wall...
patsy111253
Need help choosing which pieces to put around my TV
I have an apartment (man/bachelor) that I am trying...
marcomarquez
Slate tile fireplace ISO a better look!
We have this huge slate fireplace in our living room....
picante40
Curtains
What color curtains would you use in this room I would...
Jessica Valind
stairs leading straight into bedroom - how to add a door?
Stairs go down straight into our basement bedroom from...
helgaig
55 days and counting till baby arrives. Need nursery help ASAP!
My baby is on his way in less than two months, and...
Kim Meehardt
Must-Haves for New Apartment
So I'll be getting my own place soon, and I was wondering: What...
Eden Campbell