I need help with a floor to go with a copper bath?
sarahmishialucas
I am in a quandary about floor tiles. firstly in my bathroom - I have ordered a copper bath - and want to know if I should go for a dark/almost black porcelain tile (looks like a wood) or a wenge / woody brown looking one?

and then for my kitchen floors- grey slate or pale limestone?? I have two dogs and 2 children but had my heart set on grey units! thanls for any advice?!
Sarah
yoboseiyo
grey slate will hide dirt, but slate can chip because of how it's formed, and you really have to keep it well sealed. it's beautiful, but can be fragile, depending on the grade of slate you get. limestone is beautiful, and you need to keep it sealed as well, but it's nowhere near as fragile as slate. limestone comes in many shades, maybe see if you can find a grey one?

as for going with the copper tub, woody brown will blend in with the copper, but black will bring it out. i assume since you went with such a unique material for said tub, that you want it standing out. so go with the dark. keep the walls light and it won't turn into a cave.
June 29, 2013 at 5:50PM   
need help lighting gally kitchen, diennet
opening wall bet den & diennet to give an open feeling...
Large, new, stone castle type house w/tower. Window type?
Stone will be lighter in color, old world feel. Slate...
Mixture of different styles
I´m planning to get rid of some furniture and buy...
Now I need help with comforter.
I like these 2 rugs that were suggested, leaning towards...