Ideas help!
Shondelle Mole
My partner and I recently got a house together and are beginning to renovate. We are wanting to modernise it and wanting some tips that will help us along the way.
DMH DESIGN
Post pics, style preferences and you will receive design & material advice immediately. Happy Houzzing.
June 30, 2013 at 12:57am     
Shondelle Mole
This is one of the images of the lounge room. We are looking to have a contemporary/relaxed style home but don't know how to achieve this or how to arrange things.
June 30, 2013 at 1:07am   
Shondelle Mole
Lounge room
June 30, 2013 at 1:08am   
Shondelle Mole
Another
June 30, 2013 at 1:08am   
Shondelle Mole
And another
June 30, 2013 at 1:09am   
Stamps Design Services
A rug would help you pull together a sittng area... You should pull two of the pieces closer and facing each other for conversation and TV viewing and perhaps a reading area off to one end? It's hard to judge how large the room is... also using a few well placed pops of color helps unify a space. I am posting items from Ikea and Pier One as examples (a rug and a vase, that might work with what you have). I am also posting two examples of rooms that use an accent color throughout the rooms. :-)
June 30, 2013 at 1:32am     
Shondelle Mole
Thankyou, I really like these rooms. Unfortunately the room is not big so it was hard to take pictures. Because the rooms in our house aren't very big we are looking to use more neutral colours with pops of colour. Is that a good idea?
June 30, 2013 at 1:51am   
Stamps Design Services
You have some nice colors in your space now adding some coordinating pillows to the sofas and a rug that has color (but not wildly colorful) and perhaps using red candles instead of the white ones (or aleast some of them) should work nicely with your artwork and furnishings and help bring the space together :-)
July 3, 2013 at 11:40pm     
Shondelle Mole
Thankyou for all your help :) this really helps me out.
July 4, 2013 at 12:06am     
Cabinet colour question.
Http://www.houzz.com/photos/5722602/Bucks-County-Equestrian-Farm-farmhouse-kitchen-philadelphia Hi,...
Finishing up the master
I posted my bedroom awhile ago to get some help with...
Dining Table Center Piece
Hi, I'm looking for ideas for my dining table center...
Regular VS Mirrored Closet Doors
Which style of closet doors do you prefer? Mirrored...
Just Moved! Stumped by large, open wall area!
Hi all - Please help! My husband and I just moved to...