OLLD 6/30
June 30, 2013 in Other
Morning OLLD's! It is 3:40 in the AM and our temps dropped 30 degrees last night, we are now freezing at 80. NOT. I am seriously leaving puddles everywhere I go, this is ridiculous!
On CNN this morning I saw our heat wave has taken it's first life. An 80 y/o man in Lost Wages, Nevada died from the heat, he didn't have air conditioning. I cannot imagine living in Nevada without it! And for the first time ever we have to keep the A/C on at night, this next utility bill should be a doozy :((
June 30, 2013 at 3:58am     
armygirl1987
Morning Bobbi, so the workout has taken its toll on me. My whole body is sore. I am laying bed barely moving..
June 30, 2013 at 4:05am     
armygirl1987
It is 705 here in South Florida
June 30, 2013 at 4:06am     
armygirl1987
Roo and all I have that croton too
June 30, 2013 at 4:08am     
Morning Angela! Funny, I always thought that was an indoor plant! I wonder if there's something similar for indoors?
June 30, 2013 at 4:09am     
armygirl1987
You can use it for both, it is from the croton family but be careful as Judy G noted yesterday it is toxic to animals so that is why it is just at the front of the house for me
June 30, 2013 at 4:14am     
Oh, ok, thanks! The only Rocky has eaten inside is one of my magazines, so I think I'm ok!
June 30, 2013 at 4:18am     
armygirl1987
Bobbi-They have quite a few different ones, I have two more kind in the front garden. I will take some pics when I get up but hidden.
June 30, 2013 at 4:21am     
Are you still in bed???? At 7:30 in the AM????? Just kidding :))
June 30, 2013 at 4:27am     
armygirl1987
Im up now gotta get cracking with the yard. Cannot stop have to finish today. Have the front yard, plant Crotons, front door, have to get dirt to plant hibiscus and put down weed blocker and tomato cage in the vegetable garden.
June 30, 2013 at 4:40am     
armygirl1987
This is what I want my front door planter to look like.
June 30, 2013 at 4:44am     
Very pretty! I think that's a great goal for you but no small amount of work!
June 30, 2013 at 4:45am     
armygirl1987
This wont get done this weekend
June 30, 2013 at 4:47am     
I'm not doing a dang thing in this heat! I need to go out to the garage and finish my silver leaf project. It's about 9,000 degrees in the garage so if I don't return, send a mop and bucket to scoop me off the floor!
June 30, 2013 at 4:49am     
armygirl1987
Ok Bobbi, Im gonna walk this darn dig if she font stop jumping. I have gotten her I do not have to clean up her mess but the upside is I have to walk her
June 30, 2013 at 4:51am     
You'll probably want to get dressed first!
June 30, 2013 at 4:52am     
armygirl1987
This is what it looks like now. Here is another Croton
June 30, 2013 at 4:58am     
mefor
Oh, where's the coffee???? I'm never staying up to watch the TDF at night. I couldn't get to sleep until 4, and my husband, eho went back home last night, wasn't aware of all that. So he cheerfully called at 6:55. Normally that would be almost lunch for an early riser like me, lol. I'll be moving a little slow until I perk up by this afternoon.
You can also use coca cola to clean drains!!
Jayme, are you up yet? You never answered me last night, I hope you didn't think I was chastising you. I was only laughing at how funny it must have appeared to that poster. Please don't be upset with me. :)
June 30, 2013 at 4:59am     
mefor
Good luck with everything today Angela!!
June 30, 2013 at 5:15am     
armygirl1987
Thanks love
June 30, 2013 at 5:20am     
olldroo
Morning to y'all. You lot are definitely getting up waaaay too early, there are some funny posts here this morning ...........even with Mac's know all auto correct.

Well, y'all got to be on your best behaviour now, I have an ally - a fellow Aussie - and she only lives about 1hrs drive from me. You never know though, she sounds a sweetie so is probably nicer than me.

Bobbi, crotons would probably grow for you outside in summer, although being a tropical plant they might like more humidity, but you would have to take them indoors in winter.

SIL is complaining about the heat in LA too and had the a/c on all night. They normally set it around 77 to keep the house bearable but he said every time he woke up during the night it was still chugging away.

Mforr, see the Aussies made idiots of themselves at the TDF, got a bus stuck under the finish line!!!!! Really wasn't their fault the TDF idiots made the finish line too low.

Mo, you asked about the 3 in one light/fan/heater for the bathroom. The heater is hallogen lights, I have two in the ensuite and 4 in the main bathroom, but I have the main so I can just run two lights at a time - two over the shower recess and two on the bath side. They don't make the room super toasty unless on for quite a while, but they are enough to take the chill off the room while showering. Our homes are pretty much standard 8 ft ceilings so I don't know how they would go with a higher ceiling.
June 30, 2013 at 5:27am     
olldroo
Hey, Bobbi, I just had a thought, remember those hideous outfits we used to wear in the 70s made from terry towelling - maybe they are poised for a revival, perfect for your heat.
June 30, 2013 at 5:29am     
armygirl1987
mforr-Hibiscus is already blooming. Short walk this morning got too much to do. I am now trying to figure out which part to start with first. I cannot do the front door until I get dirt and it is the easiest. Crotons require moving stones it is probably the hardest and the garden is just weeding.
June 30, 2013 at 5:36am     
Roo, WE??? hehehe I remember, the top was like a tube top, no straps or anything to hold it up, right? Well they would certainly work to wipe up the puddles I'm leaving everywhere. We went to Starbucks to get a cold drink yesterday and as soon as we walked in I had an enormous power surge. I was soaked and so embarrassed. And of course it was the slowest line EVER. The family in front of me wanted to know EVERY DETAIL about their sandwiches and took forever to decide. That's the closest I've ever come to killing someone. Oh, and I'm pretty sure one of the family members was Barbie.

I think I finally understand something that's been bugging me for a long time. You know how we get dilemmas from people, I guess they're in the Middle East, and they want us to design or straighten out their room for them? I always wondered how their rooms got that way to begin with. I think they are looking at Western Style magazine pics and choosing one item from each magazine that they like, and trying to fit it all together, which of course we know will not work. What do you all think?
June 30, 2013 at 5:38am     
armygirl1987
mforr-other than blue what other color would you do. What about vermillion or more a orange red. Do the door color have to match the trim of the house.
June 30, 2013 at 5:38am     
mefor
Better start with the hard stuff first, before it gets too hot and you lose steam :)
June 30, 2013 at 5:38am     
armygirl1987
I agree Bobbi that some of the dilemmas are from Middle East but I think some are from China too, especially with the language barrier.
June 30, 2013 at 5:39am     
armygirl1987
Yeah, that's what I was thinking but was trying not to. Cofee first though and breakfast.
June 30, 2013 at 5:40am     
mefor
No, you should definitely mix colors a little bit, best to get a few swatches at paint store or Home Depot while you get some more soil, and start playing with combos that work well with door color, doormat, color of pots house color. You'll soon find a combo that sings to you, lala lalalalalalal laaaaaaaaa la and it will sound much better than what I just did here acapella!!
June 30, 2013 at 5:42am     
Oh thank God we do not have sound :))
June 30, 2013 at 5:44am     
mefor
Olldroo, did you see the poor Oriica bus driver, he was so upset and it want even his fault. What a terrible planning job that was!!! Somebody's gonna get in troooooouuuuuuble! Lots of action right at the end with that fall, wonder if they'll try to punish Andre griepel for trying to force his way into a spot that was so small while they were all flying along trying to get in position for sprint. I was looking forward to the first Cavendish/Sagan showdown, but both of them were caught up in it. Tony Martin from Germany finished, but was taken in ambulance immediately, that's probably it for him. One day and out, how disappointing for him.
June 30, 2013 at 5:47am   
mefor
Bobbi, you know I have dulcet tones, people come from all around to hear me sing. They're so grateful that some of them bring vegetables to give me just in case I get hungry while singing ;)
June 30, 2013 at 5:50am     
mefor
Man when I finally crash from my no sleep hysteria, there won't be any posts on here. Who else can type this much nonsense?
June 30, 2013 at 5:51am     
OMG I need me a shovel for it is getting deep in here!
June 30, 2013 at 5:52am     
mefor
Whatever could you mean?
June 30, 2013 at 5:53am     
I was just trying to sound like the Lady Chablis, wouldn't you just kill for his body?
June 30, 2013 at 5:54am     
You know what's kinda weird? The whole time we've been doing this OLLD forum, not once has Miss E come on here to chastise us! Does this mean we're behaving?
June 30, 2013 at 5:59am     
armygirl1987
Well, gals, ice coffee coming up. and front yard commence now.
June 30, 2013 at 6:00am     
kimdee24
Good morning lovelies! It is 7am and I am only awake I think because of Barfy Dog.

It is currently 71F here (18C) and Bobbi -- 81F is our daytime HIGH for today and it is glorious... I love this weather, I hope it stays for a while.

Mr Ironwood, if you're poking around and I hope you are, we haven't see you for about a week now and getting worried. Hope are doing well, please check in!

What's on everyone's agenda today?
June 30, 2013 at 6:13am     
mefor
Of course we're behaving. We're cheeky, but harmless
June 30, 2013 at 6:13am     
Good luck Angela, have fun and don't over think it!

Well, stick a fork in me, I'm done with the silver leaf project. The more I add the worse it's getting because it sticks to my fingers and comes off. If I can find the accessories I want I'll ask R to take a pic today.
June 30, 2013 at 6:14am     
Morning Kim! Poor David got slammed yesterday by Fred.
June 30, 2013 at 6:15am     
mefor
Morning kimdee!!
June 30, 2013 at 6:15am     
kimdee24
I saw that, Bobbi -- which made me even more angry with Fred.
June 30, 2013 at 6:15am     
olldroo
Hmm........... must be my computer or you lot are chattering too fast. Taking ages to get my posts to go through. Try again.

mforr - no I only saw an article with a photo of the bus wedged under the finish line, don't think it actually made our news tonight. Writer must have had a sleepless night too, said they got the bus out by letting down A tyre. I think the bus had a lot more than ONE wheel!!

I'm sure there will be a lot of screaming - they seem to be a pretty precious lot.

I'm sure the neighbours came out to see what the noise was.............. and bought their ripest tomatoes with them, oh hang on, tomatoes are fruit.
June 30, 2013 at 6:20am     
olldroo
If you are going to talk about links, can you post them so we can all join in?? You know what stickybeaks we are.
June 30, 2013 at 6:22am     
kimdee24
Roo -- it was from yesterday. Feeny posted it in OLLD yesterday, but then deleted it. http://www.houzz.com/discussions/536693/Clearance-between-gas-stove-top-and-microwave
June 30, 2013 at 6:24am        Thanked by charleee
mefor
I think it was called clearance for over the range micro or something like that. Got a little heated. Not worried about what houzz is thinking of posts, more worried some might not be completely rational. And irrational people can be dangerous. Think we shouldn't be waving red cape at that particular person.
June 30, 2013 at 6:26am     
mpoulsom
morning you crazy gals! I may not have internet for long! it's in and out! haha!
June 30, 2013 at 6:43am     
mefor
Morning MP!!
June 30, 2013 at 6:44am     
kimdee24
Good morning, mp!
June 30, 2013 at 6:44am     
mpoulsom
was trying to download some pics of boo/guestroom i've been working on. it's "kind of" okay, but not finished. And I'm not sure about the black panels???? They were too cheap not to buy, so I said I'd try it. If not, I can use them in my bedroom I guess, for the outer edges.
June 30, 2013 at 6:47am     
mefor
Where are the pics MP? Nothing showed up
June 30, 2013 at 6:52am     
mpoulsom
what are your thoughts? if you can see anything????
June 30, 2013 at 6:55am     
kimdee24
Can't see the pics, mp!
June 30, 2013 at 6:56am     
mefor
Nothing again, sorry :)
June 30, 2013 at 6:56am     
mpoulsom
June 30, 2013 at 6:56am     
mefor
Did that post I wrote about irrational people show up? Just before MP said good morning?
June 30, 2013 at 6:58am     
mefor
Still nothing, sorry MP
June 30, 2013 at 6:58am     
olldroo
Nothing there mp. I've had Houzz cut my comments before photos are attaching a few times today.

kd - thanks for the link - wow, I had to sit on my hands. Personally, I don't think I could handle a microwave over the stove anyway, it could be a damn nuisance if more than one person was using the kitchen. I'm having problems with placement of mine when I do the kitchen, the best place for it would be on the wall adjoining the hotplates but I am concerned about the traffic issue.
June 30, 2013 at 6:59am     
kimdee24
mforr -- yes, I see it.
June 30, 2013 at 6:59am     
mpoulsom
well helz bells! trying again!
June 30, 2013 at 7:00am     
mefor
I wish the others would have read it. Sometimes people get crazier if you poke them with a stick.
June 30, 2013 at 7:00am     
kimdee24
My microwave is above the stove, but it is level with the bottom of the upper cabinets, not nearly as low as the one in that thread. I don't use it that much, mainly for warming things and softening butter it seems.
June 30, 2013 at 7:02am     
olldroo
Hahah mforr - animals get mad when poked with sticks too.
June 30, 2013 at 7:06am     
kimdee24
Some people just have to be 'right'. He is one of them, I think.
June 30, 2013 at 7:12am     
mefor
When will people learn that I'M the only one who is right, ALL the time ;)
June 30, 2013 at 7:13am     
kimdee24
Breakfast time! Who wants poached eggs on sourdough toast?
June 30, 2013 at 7:14am     
mefor
Just had egg whites on gluten free whole grain, I'm full up over here, but could I share a cup of coffee with you kimdee? :)
June 30, 2013 at 7:16am     
armygirl1987
I am not overthinking today Bobbi- but off to Home Depot, need one bigger Crotons do not look right if I put in small ones. It is not that hard as I thought it was going to be, just the rocks kind of get in the way. @ Roo-I also finally finish the hibiscus edge. Pull those out to put in bigger leaves ones. They were kind of lost in the green.
June 30, 2013 at 7:18am     
olldroo
If you could hold off another 7 hours that would be perfect. Love poached eggs but I can't even get them right.

mforr - you will be poached if you are not careful!!!

Guys, I'm off to bed, going to give mp a complex soon, every time she jumps on board I go to bed.

FINALLY we have been promised only a bit of rain tomorrow and the rest of the week was nothing but beautiful big balls of gold. Kids want to go to Koala Park to feed the roos and pat the koalas, so that might be on the agenda for tomorrow, definitely Tuesday if the weather is as promised.

Hooroo.
June 30, 2013 at 7:19am     
kimdee24
Coffee is on, mforr! Cream or sugar?
June 30, 2013 at 7:19am     
Decorating Diva!
We have a post and beam house with a cathedral wall of windows....how can we get rid of the jail bar look? The beams are every 5 ft. Can we add patio doors or would it make it look too busy? Thanks in advance for any advice. :)
June 30, 2013 at 7:19am        Thanked by charleee
kimdee24
Sweet dreams, Ms Roo!
June 30, 2013 at 7:20am     
mefor
Work it Angela!! You're going good this morning :)
I see a big old blob of rain orking it's way up the coast from cape may, poo, it's going to rain sooner than I thought :(
June 30, 2013 at 7:20am     
olldroo
Getting there Angela. Didn't know hibiscus came with different sized leaves.

Thinking you should paint your fence - Revere Pewter comes to mind, and an area rug inside the gate would add interest.

Now I need to go to bed.
June 30, 2013 at 7:22am     
mefor
Night roo!! I'll be careful!
Kimdee, I already had the healthy part of the breakfast, I'll have both cream and sugar!!! Light but not too sweet, thanks:)
June 30, 2013 at 7:22am     
mefor
Hi Kathy duke, do you have a dilemma posted on the discussions page? We would be glad to help you if you can tell us which thread it is :)
June 30, 2013 at 7:23am     
mefor
Good luck, EZ, if I can figure out how to do a rain dance that will only send its vibe to you, I'll do it!! : D
June 30, 2013 at 7:26am     
kimdee24
Good morning, Auntie Eztia! What you described is how I make my poached eggs. They're not as "pretty' as the ones they make me at the golf course (which look like little balls of fresh mozzarella!) but tasty just the same!
June 30, 2013 at 7:36am     
mefor
Mmmmm, covered in nice unhealthy hollandaise sauce. Delish!!
June 30, 2013 at 7:38am     
mpoulsom
ok...this is insanity! but i have driven down to the coffee shop to steal internet! still have to get a lamp....but working a little at a time on this.
June 30, 2013 at 7:40am     
mpoulsom
omGOSH!!!!!! this is more than frustrating! lol!
June 30, 2013 at 7:43am     
kimdee24
Looks good, MP! I love that the pictures on the wall go with the rug on the floor! And I think the dark curtains are just fine, they pick up the dark on the duvet cover.
June 30, 2013 at 7:47am     
mpoulsom
these are the little foamy creatures i framed onto the scrapbook paper that i found. AND you'll all love this. The drawing above bed headboard is of me from a drawing class...one of my artist friends did this and i look like a nun! ha!
June 30, 2013 at 7:48am     
mpoulsom
thanks kimdee!
June 30, 2013 at 7:49am     
kimdee24
Love them! And what a gorgeous sketch!
June 30, 2013 at 7:51am     
mpoulsom
my artist friends and I used to get together once a week to draw or paint live models. whatever poor victim we could scrounge up that week. Sometimes we couldnt find someone...and I got roped into modeling. arghh...BUT, I got some great free art. Bad thing is...how many pictures can you hang in your house of yourself? I can't justify that, and I have some great ones!
June 30, 2013 at 7:54am     
kimdee24
I had portrait of me, painted by my former boss. It was good... but I never hung it up. Awkward story. I was in my early 20s and working for him out of college, and he was early-40s at the time, and had... well, a crush on me I guess (now I know it would be classified as sexual harassment but I was young and there wasn't as much talk about it as there is nowadays). Anyhow... I got rid of it a few years ago. It sat in my basement wrapped up for years....
June 30, 2013 at 7:54am     
Wow, gone for five minutes and I have 49 email notifications! MP, love the room, natch. It does look like you! You're looking very pensive there, I don't know about a nun. Were you wearing a scarf?

Well if it's not hot enough I just burned myself pretty good with the glue gun. I need Teflon fingers!
June 30, 2013 at 7:56am     
mpoulsom
That pic is from a retired NYC cop, Jose Acaba.....believe it or not. Very talented. That is just a quick sketch he did one day. I have another pastel he did of me that I love! I've always teased him that I think he's in the witness protection program. I'm like how in the world did you end up down here Jose?
June 30, 2013 at 7:57am     
mpoulsom
oh no bobbi.....stay away from irons and hot glue guns til christmas!
June 30, 2013 at 7:58am     
kimdee24
Be careful, bobbi!
June 30, 2013 at 7:58am     
Seriously!
June 30, 2013 at 7:58am     
mpoulsom
ok guys...sitting my car is not cutting it! lol! I have to go homey now! and maybe to the church of homey as well...I may just bite the bullet and paint that stupid sticky outty wall in the kitchen today. Check with you later this evening maybe! xo
June 30, 2013 at 8:00am     
I need to go to The Church today too, we need more tiles for R's shower basin. Everyone on John Whipple's ideabook is trying to warn me off from doing this so I'm getting more than a little scared.
June 30, 2013 at 8:03am     
astraea
Wow guys; what a chatty bunch this weekend! I posted on 6/29, that after having the computer down since about 3 pm yesterday afternoon, there were almost 250 post notifications waiting this morning. And you’ve been chatting up a storm this morning too!!

Mforr – are you going to be down the shore for July 4th? Do you go somewhere to watch the fireworks? I’d love to, but I hate crowds & having to park a mile away & haul a chair back to the boardwalk!! I can hear them in Point Pleasant from my house .. but not see them, and I’m sure the Manasquan Inlet area will be impossible to park.

I stuck my 2 cents into that discussion too, about the range height to micro clearance; why is it so difficult for people to express a different opinion, without saying that everyone else is ignorant?!

Pleasant day here, my neighbors have a tree service in .. 3 trucks, 2 with booms/buckets & 3rd with chipper .. NOT quiet. Some towns only allow that sort of noisy work on Sunday, if done by the homeowner themselves, or if it’s an emergency.

Eztia – glad it’s a little less hot where you are! It was 67 & misty here this morning .. I tried to move the mist to Arizona, but I don’t think it worked :(
June 30, 2013 at 8:08am     
Astraea! I was wondering what happened to you! You know, today is June 30, and already this year is half over!
June 30, 2013 at 8:10am   
Robin W
Bobbi - you shush about the year being half over!!! It's going too fast as it is!!!
June 30, 2013 at 8:14am     
mefor
Well that's depressing, six months gone already :(
June 30, 2013 at 8:14am     
Robin W
Where's Anna? I need ideas for recipes using rhubarb. My neighbor told me to help myself while she's gone for the weekend.
June 30, 2013 at 8:15am     
mefor
Not sure if we're here or back at home, hubby went to London this morning, might go back home for a couple of days to get some things done. God only knows what kind of a mess he's left there while I'm here!!!
June 30, 2013 at 8:16am     
mefor
Strawberry rhubarb in a bowl with shortbread puff and cream and maybe some vanilla ice cream. Mmmmmmm... As soon as I finish this delicious coffee that kimdee gave me, I'll be over for that at your house robin!! Luckily since I'm running to Canada, all those extra calories won count :)
June 30, 2013 at 8:19am     
Robin W
Kimdee and I don't really live that far either (in comparison to a global scale). So really...
June 30, 2013 at 8:20am     
Michele, if you're running to Canada, I need video....
June 30, 2013 at 8:22am     
Astraea, I keep forgetting to ask you this! How much weight did you lose, and how did you do it, please?
June 30, 2013 at 8:22am   
DIAspoton
good morning. walked 3 miles early. watered the garden. cut a huge bunch of hydrangea for my ofc.
did a little work in the garden. changed out the pillow colors on the bed. today it's bright pink..
gotta get busy mixing paint colors then get to the store for them to color match a gallon of it so it's ready for painters tomorrow morning.

roo, thanks for the info on the heater/fa/light. i'll ask my GC. the ceiling is 8' in part and then goes to 11 or 12' over the tub and there is a skylight. that surely contributes to the room being so cold on winter.
did anyone (or everyone) know these big garden tubs are supposed to have their own heater? i mentioned wishing i could afford to replace it with a normall size tub that my hot water heater can keep up with. also want a heat holding material. this tub goes cold very quickly. my GC told me garden tubs are supposed to be installed with heaters. news to me.
June 30, 2013 at 8:27am     
mefor
Here I am with my buddy Steve, we'll be in Canada in no time
June 30, 2013 at 8:27am        Thanked by charleee
kimdee24
Probably less than a half hour away, Robin! Are you sore from yesterday? How's the ankle feeling?
June 30, 2013 at 8:30am     
Jayme H.
MForr..NO I didn't think u were chastizing me...ha ha...I don't scare off that easily (to the chagrin of some)... :)
June 30, 2013 at 8:30am        Thanked by charleee
mefor
Some of the newer acrylic tubs are double walled now, slightly better heat retention. Are you redoing floor in bathroom any time soon Mo? Electric heating mats installed under tile are fantastic, and the heat is coming from below you, o you get the benefit not the high ceiling area :)
June 30, 2013 at 8:30am     
mefor
I'm relieved, jayme, when I didn't hear anything back I thought maybe I'd said something wrong. Lol, why aren't you in bed? Come look at my goats right now young lady!!! All activity stopped until roo jumped in :))
June 30, 2013 at 8:32am     
Yeah, right Michele! And I'm Christie Brinkley!
June 30, 2013 at 8:34am   
Jayme H.
@decorating diva...How about some french doors?
June 30, 2013 at 8:37am   
astraea
Bobbi - Yes, 1/2 the year is over, and I've been busy doing end-of-month, end-of-quarter & semi-annual reports for my 2 organizations!!

I have lost 40 lbs since mid-October .. so it's about 8-1/2 months. I saw a natural product advertised, called Almased: http://www.almased.com/t/what-is-almased. Don't want to paste more here, and be accused of advertising! You start with 3 shakes/day for 2 weeks, then 2/day & 1 regular meal, and then 1 shake per day for maintenance. It's the only thing I've ever used, that really cut those awful cravings in the evening, which was my worst time. And even having only 3 shakes/day, I never felt week or like my BP dropped .. which is a real problem with conventional diet products. Now I watch what I eat, and have an Almased smoothie in the evening, thickened with a banana & a few frozen berries & small ice cubes. If you're interested, I'll also tell you of a good online source.
June 30, 2013 at 8:42am     
Jayme H.
@kimdee...In re: old boss...I hear ya! Got my arse grabbed by most of em, and one made a surprise attack from the rear (no pun intended), which I dodged/barely escaping with my life! That time I was only 14 y/o and he was in his late 20's!!! (Perv).... In the 80's it was common place to get groped at work/at least it was for me.....Oh the humanity!!!!!
June 30, 2013 at 8:43am     
Jayme H.
@mforr...I must have gone to bed...long day of worrying about a goat! And when I get on a roll, I can be relentless. At times this has worked well for me, however. Such as when I was stalking my husband.
June 30, 2013 at 8:44am     
Jayme H.
@MP...LOVE your room & sketch..it's lovely!!
June 30, 2013 at 8:45am     
Jayme H.
@astraea...Great job!! Good for you...i bet it feels good...I need to lose some weight..maybe I'll look that up!

And a very happy morning to Eztia and everyone else chattering away here!!!
June 30, 2013 at 8:46am     
kimdee24
Yeah.... there was groping, and comments that made me uncomfortable, but ... he was my boss... so I dodged as best I could. We just didn't know then... how to deal with stuff like that. When I think back on it now... wow. He was married and had two kids... one time I brought a bf to the office christmas party and my boss got so drunk (upset I guess) that his wife had to take him home.
June 30, 2013 at 8:46am     
mefor
Oh, hey Christie, why did you leave poor billy, now he drinks too much.
June 30, 2013 at 8:47am     
mefor
Men... Yeah, I can really add anything more, 'nuf said!!
June 30, 2013 at 8:48am     
Robin W
I'm actually not feeling too bad all things considered. Ankle is sore though. Think I will spend another day with it wrapped up just as a reminder to not push my luck. I wanted to go pick up new runners today but I'm not so sure with my ankle swollen... Either way, I have to take DD out clothes shopping today. She's grown 4" since the start of school so nothing fits properly anymore. She also wants to start running so she can do the Run for the Lung here in Edmonton at the end of August so I guess I'm getting her some running shoes too.
June 30, 2013 at 8:52am     
Robin W
(It's a fundraiser for cystic fibrosis - both my nephews have CF and I've dealt with lung issues my whole life)
June 30, 2013 at 8:54am     
Astraea, my goodness, 40 pounds! That is so fabulous, good for you! I don't think I could do that, being diabetic and all. It would probably throw my sugar way off. Atkins works for me, when I have the ambition, which isn't much lately!

Did you all see the news report about the dentist who fired his assistant because he was attracted to her and felt she was a threat to his marriage? If I were his wife I would dump him in a heartbeat, who knows what he'll bring home when he can't "contain" himself any longer.
June 30, 2013 at 8:59am     
mefor
Good girls!!
June 30, 2013 at 9:00am     
Jayme H.
That microwave discussion got flipping ridiculous...There is a bully in our midst & one who insulted the Great Sir Ironwood...who, byw..even if he did make an error, I don't care, I would listen to him first, as he is trustworthy!
June 30, 2013 at 9:20am     
Jayme H.
@bobbi....That sounds like discrimination based on sex...I think that is illegal and he could get sued for it....
June 30, 2013 at 9:21am        Thanked by charleee
DIAspoton
jayme did you see that snarky remark in before and after, directed at vendi. he posted the pics of the gorgeous coffered ceiling and someone suggested he stop posting individual projects. so rude.

michele, you asked the big question of my weekend. started out just planning to paint the bath and replace the 26 yr old leaky faucets. well the marble counter has a couple of stains and hairline cracks near the drain. and if i'm going to replace all that i really ought to raise or replace those darn old short cabinets.
the lighting needs to be changed but i have fixtures that will work for that.
the tile around the tub cracked when the plate mirror fell on it a few yrs ago. so new tile and mirror needed.
sooooh i'm going to spend all that and still not come close to a dream bath? the shower is tiny and the linen closet is too big.
i redesigned it yesterday being very cost conscious with moving plumbing etc but it's still going to be quite a chunk of change. and yes, i'd put in a new heated floor. i'm tempted for now to just have them paint and then see where i am money wise in the fall after the screen porch and kitchen are done.

frustrating watching a neighborhood with only 50 homes have in 2 years 4 houses go rental, a few foreclosures. 2 private desperation sales went to people who are not doing a very good job maintaining the properties.
then some homes have improvements and additions happening.
no crystal ball here.
June 30, 2013 at 9:21am     
kimdee24
Good night, mforr!

I am all ready for golf. I'm wearing my "cheating" skirt today, the one my buddy says I "...should only wear if I'm playing against three men for money"... lol He's not gonna like it, but I'm going to beat him today. One way or another!
June 30, 2013 at 9:22am     
Jayme H.
@DIAspoton..No I didn't see that one!! Vendi does some amazing work!!
@Kimdee...go get em girl! Hope u win.
June 30, 2013 at 9:29am     
DIAspoton
my microwave is 18" over the range. works fine for me.
yeah astrea. i make up a protein soy,whey protein shake with fresh berries and a banana for breakfast evry morning. sometimes i add a sugar free chocolate vitamuffin top. YUM.
bobbi have you tried sugarfree vitamuffins? they're in the health food section in the freezer. 4 per box. i nuke it for 31 seconds to get it just right.
June 30, 2013 at 9:30am        Thanked by charleee
armygirl1987
Ok this is just crazy, I leave for a sec an you guys are killing me. I cant keep up today. Mforr- question-i don't think after putting in the Hibiscus I have enough room for rest of plants. Did I not get a big enough pots.
June 30, 2013 at 9:32am     
armygirl1987
Oh wow, I post and nothing fir half an hour am I being boycott.
June 30, 2013 at 10:04am     
Jayme H.
I overstuff my pots...I think u can stillput more in.
June 30, 2013 at 10:08am     
Jayme H.
I was outside applying weed killer...just came back in and am so snoopy I had to check in!
June 30, 2013 at 10:08am     
mefor
I'm back, stuff'm in there Angela. I thought you were going to get the taller topiary size hibiscus. But these work fine and you can stuff the little ones in. Put any leftovers in the little pots you already had.
Kimdee, stop sending me to bed, it's only lunchtime. I know I look tired, but how can you see me?
June 30, 2013 at 10:17am     
armygirl1987
Well got these bigger ones and cheaper at Walmart. So do over
June 30, 2013 at 10:20am     
mefor
That's a big project Mo, won'thurt to take it slow and get your best deals. The underfloor radiant is a good resale point too. Keep it in mind as you work up and down your budget.have you considered a tall cabinet for storage and pedestals for sinks. Less money than full vanities. Put the money into other things that will make bathroom more pleasant and usable for you.
June 30, 2013 at 10:21am     
mefor
I like those Angela, more room for the little ones :)
June 30, 2013 at 10:23am     
mforr, your jogging bud, he looks just like Lee Majors…Farrah's first husband.

Roo, poached eggs from moi: add a little vinegar to the simmering water. It helps hold the egg together and does not affect the taste.
June 30, 2013 at 10:24am     
armygirl1987
Mforr- you have to be specific with me, I thought so but thought they would get too tall
June 30, 2013 at 10:28am     
astraea
Bobbi – Can’t remember who it was, but one of the OLLDs on AARP had a friend who was using Almased, and I think it improved her diabetic condition as well!

I am very wary of commercial products advertised as “sugar free” or “fat free”, because the way many keep them tasty is to add more of the other item! So “fat free” often contains more sugar, than the low fat or regular version. I read all the ingredient labels!!
June 30, 2013 at 10:28am     
armygirl1987
Yeah and they were cheaper
June 30, 2013 at 10:29am     
Two weeks ago I mentioned Art and I were going to to see friends' newly built house in Sandwich. Here it is: http://www.houzz.com/discussions/535745/New-Beach-House--Small-lot--3-levels
June 30, 2013 at 10:32am     
astraea
I love those hibiscus .. keep saying I want to get them to attract hummingbirds, but am afraid the squirrels will eat the flowers .. they eat everything else!
June 30, 2013 at 10:32am     
Jayme H.
@judy...Gorgeous! I love it~!!!
June 30, 2013 at 10:36am     
mefor
I know, Angela , it's always the way it is, I wish they were cheaper too:)
Maybe at some point you might find small stools to put them on. I'll keep an eye out.that way you'll get a little more height. They look gorgeous though!! I love hibiscus
June 30, 2013 at 10:38am     
astraea
judyg - The house really looks nice; I didn't know that Fisher & Paykal made refrigerators .. but it looks like a built-in, the way they did it.
June 30, 2013 at 10:48am     
Jayme H.
Pool is filled !! Now to warm up...
-Had to show this pic of MaKenna..she had wet hair after a bath...so sweet
June 30, 2013 at 11:20am     
kimdee24
Ha! I can't read mforr...
June 30, 2013 at 11:23am     
mefor
Judyg, that is lee majors. I have to be the bionic woman to run to Canada so quickly ;)
June 30, 2013 at 11:25am     
Dang it Jayme! It's only 11:30 and already 100 degrees!
June 30, 2013 at 11:32am     
Question! What is metal flashing, and what do you use it for? And the higher the gauge, the thicker the metal?
June 30, 2013 at 11:37am     
Jayme H.
I think u use it in construction, around areas where water can seep in...roofs, etc...IDK about the gauge..but think the thicker the higher.
June 30, 2013 at 11:40am        Thanked by charleee
Jayme H.
Old Lord Bobbi...IDK how u do it, I would shrivel up in heat like that!! When we visited CA when we got married..it was so dang hot...at Chuck's brother's place he had sent up hoses all over that misted all the time...soaker-type hoses or something...it helped keep u cool.
June 30, 2013 at 11:42am     
astraea
Bobbi - Yes, gauge is the thickness of metal: http://www.unc.edu/~rowlett/units/scales/sheetmetal.html
June 30, 2013 at 11:42am        Thanked by charleee
mefor
Here
June 30, 2013 at 11:45am        Thanked by charleee
bdennison
Hi All, been away for a while. Sorry to be off topic, but I figured this was the perfect place to go to get this answered. I was hoping maybe Ironwood was around. I want to intall a tempered glass shelf over my gas stove and want to make sure it can "take the heat". Has anyone done this? And I must say that I feel for all of you out west. we've been watching the news on the heat and it is awful.
June 30, 2013 at 11:46am        Thanked by charleee
Thanks you guys! Jayme, it's a challenge, that's for dang sure! I'm already tired of it. The highest temps are supposed to be on Tuesday and then a gradual cooling, down to 90 degrees one week after that. But the freezing cold winters here make it all worthwhile. I love the cold.
June 30, 2013 at 11:47am     
Jayme H.
@bobbi
June 30, 2013 at 11:47am        Thanked by charleee
bdennison, no idea, sorry!
June 30, 2013 at 11:48am     
Thanks Jayme. I saw a pic of a table someone covered with it and I wondered how thick it would have to be to not show indentations, stuff like that. You know me, I'm always scheming!
June 30, 2013 at 11:49am     
Jayme H.
Cool! It must have been a sheet of it?
June 30, 2013 at 12:00pm        Thanked by charleee
armygirl1987
OMG- it started raining again so done for today. Just took a nice long shower. Ma feet ar killin me. In my pirate voice. Pics to follow not done but so much better. I will finish it up Tuesday morning my next break. Eat and try to see if I can take a nap.
June 30, 2013 at 12:13pm     
mefor
Aaaaaarg Angela ;)
June 30, 2013 at 12:19pm     
armygirl1987
Hi As, Jayme,Mp, Kkmdee
June 30, 2013 at 12:20pm     
Jayme H.
Hi Angela...You are a busy bee with your plants!! Looking good!! Your home is turning into a showplace!
June 30, 2013 at 12:23pm     
armygirl1987
No, Jayme not a showplace just my home.
June 30, 2013 at 12:24pm     
Jayme H.
A nice home! :)
June 30, 2013 at 12:25pm     
armygirl1987
I jus want to be done with the obvious things.
June 30, 2013 at 12:26pm     
armygirl1987
Look what I found on my pillow. Thank God I wash her feet.
June 30, 2013 at 12:29pm     
Jayme H.
ha ha...cute!!
June 30, 2013 at 12:30pm     
armygirl1987
Yes, Auntie Ez
June 30, 2013 at 12:32pm     
mefor
That's what I should be doing :) zzzzzzzzz
June 30, 2013 at 12:33pm     
armygirl1987
I am so worked up I cannot sleep and it stop raining.
June 30, 2013 at 12:44pm     
Jayme, yes, it was a sheet of flashing. If I can get the scanner to be my friend, I'll show you!
June 30, 2013 at 12:52pm     
Ok you guys, how come whenever I post a comment everyone goes quiet? I'm starting to get a complex!
June 30, 2013 at 12:56pm     
armygirl1987
Bobbi-I felt the same thing earlier, I thought it was just me.
June 30, 2013 at 12:58pm        Thanked by charleee
armygirl1987
Bobbi-I have no clue but I would just Google it.
June 30, 2013 at 12:59pm     
Maybe it's my deodorant? Mouthwash?
June 30, 2013 at 12:59pm     
armygirl1987
Here is what I did today, somewhat.
June 30, 2013 at 1:02pm     
mefor
You might need foot powder. It is mighty hot there!!! My family keep disturbing my houzz time ;)
I would never ignore you guys. Just wasn't here
June 30, 2013 at 1:03pm        Thanked by charleee
mefor
Angela, they look great!! The coleus looks wonderful with it, what's the purple vine, looks like a skinny leaf sweet potato vine. Are those marigolds and impatiens?
June 30, 2013 at 1:06pm     
Angela, nice!

Anyone hungry? (Yes, it's real)
June 30, 2013 at 1:06pm     
mefor
Where's your scan Bobbi? I'm all ears, or at least virtual eyes
June 30, 2013 at 1:08pm     
mefor
The onions look like weird yarn ;)
June 30, 2013 at 1:09pm     
Gimme five.....
June 30, 2013 at 1:10pm     
mefor
On the flip side...
Was that how that went?
June 30, 2013 at 1:12pm     
armygirl1987
Front door...Move the mat outside
June 30, 2013 at 1:20pm     
Wow! Great job Angela!

Here's the pic of the flashing topped table
June 30, 2013 at 1:22pm     
armygirl1987
The front of the house, it seems like each time I add plants, it need more. Tell me what you think. I think that for the front to add some low plants.
June 30, 2013 at 1:23pm     
Red mulch, Angela, you need red mulch. I would be perfect.
June 30, 2013 at 1:25pm     
armygirl1987
I don't know if they are too close, too many or what. I just don't want to put just that type of crotons but the colors are lovely and bright, with big leaves so they overpower everything else. I added a shrub that will get the big pink leaves but they small now.
June 30, 2013 at 1:25pm     
mefor
Good idea for the front, it's really looking good though. Love the new pots and the doormat outside it looks so cheerful! :)
June 30, 2013 at 1:26pm     
armygirl1987
Bobbi-I had stones which is covered due to the digging.
June 30, 2013 at 1:28pm     
mefor
I like that table Bobbi, where do you want it for? Not in the sun this summer I hope, spontaneous combustion!!!
June 30, 2013 at 1:28pm     
DIAspoton
some ground cover with similar water requirements. the texture and size of ice plant if you can find that with yellow or white flowers. portulca would be low and have these colors plus a litlle white and pink. these can grow and spill over theedge to soften the look.
June 30, 2013 at 1:28pm   
armygirl1987
Mforr-what about the blue in the sign or the one on the rug. Or the one you suggested.
June 30, 2013 at 1:29pm   
armygirl1987
DIA-is that for me, front door or front of the house.
June 30, 2013 at 1:30pm   
mefor
Angela, what about some kind of small flowers to fill in until crotons get a little bigger? Just a little row in the very front. Can you plant the lime green sweet potato there? Right into the ground so it sprawls out in front of crotons?
June 30, 2013 at 1:30pm     
mefor
For the front door color? Instead of lagoon?
June 30, 2013 at 1:32pm     
armygirl1987
I was looking for those-Home Depot did not have them, wanted them for the pots that was why I had to go with the small green one.
June 30, 2013 at 1:32pm     
Jayme H.
Jay Bird striking a pose
June 30, 2013 at 1:35pm     
armygirl1987
Yes, I add vinca, sea urchin, purple vine is purple queen, marigold, coleus
June 30, 2013 at 1:35pm     
armygirl1987
I really wanted that one, going to try a local nursery though.
June 30, 2013 at 1:36pm     
mefor
Does Walmart have a garden center near you ?
June 30, 2013 at 1:36pm     
mefor
So if you can get the green one, would you plant it in front of the croton?
June 30, 2013 at 1:38pm     
DIAspoton
yes angela in the ground in front of the crotons. i think the ground cover would fill in nicely. have you noticed what plants were grouped around the crotons. HD often does mini displays showing plants working well were together. ask the employees for suggestions. if they have nothing, try another nursery.
June 30, 2013 at 1:42pm     
armygirl1987
@mforr-Yes, the three last crotons that I still have in the pot I think is an overkill. I think that I just need something for the ground to finish it up. Walmart do have a small garden center, I had to run there today for more dirt and bigger pot.
June 30, 2013 at 1:44pm     
armygirl1987
@Auntie Ez-thanks so much, that means a lot coming from you. We go way back, started with decluttering the kitchen. DIA-I will check when I go back today.
June 30, 2013 at 1:46pm   
mefor
I got it, then definitely get something else. The vine would spread around and over a lot of space maybe something with orangey-red flowers too?
June 30, 2013 at 1:47pm   
Jayme H.
LOVE your pots Angela...I will have u know, I have that purple-long thing plant in my window boxes!! I like it a lot!! Cannot remember it's name.
June 30, 2013 at 1:49pm     
armygirl1987
Bobbi-love the table btw...
June 30, 2013 at 1:51pm     
armygirl1987
It is purple queen Jayme and honey they were from Walmart for less than $19..
June 30, 2013 at 1:55pm     
Jayme H.
Yes, I got mine at Walmart too...Each plant was about 3.99 or so?
June 30, 2013 at 2:26pm     
Jayme H.
Yes..Bobbi...cool table, I like it also!!
June 30, 2013 at 2:26pm     
Thank goodness, mforr. I was going to suggest a wardrobe makeover. Phew!
June 30, 2013 at 3:01pm     
mefor
You know I love my men in red track suits, and a very far seeing eye ;)
June 30, 2013 at 3:11pm     
armygirl1987
Mforr- you are something else
June 30, 2013 at 3:46pm     
mefor
Something else entirely :)
June 30, 2013 at 3:57pm     
mefor
Damn mosquitoes!!!!
They're trying to eat me alive. No more garden now :(
June 30, 2013 at 4:04pm     
armygirl1987
Mforr-Look what I see in Lowe's. wow
June 30, 2013 at 4:11pm     
mefor
Don't do it, you worked so hard today!!! Do you really want to replant? Nooooooooo!!!!
They are really nice though, maybe more plants along the sides of entry? Aaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!
June 30, 2013 at 4:15pm     
DIAspoton
angela,before you do more container gardens,just remember you have to water them everyday. twice a day if they're getting alot of hot sun.
June 30, 2013 at 4:24pm     
armygirl1987
No, I was not looking. I was taking something back and it started raining and I sat down and they were in front of me. No I am happy with the one I chose
June 30, 2013 at 4:32pm     
armygirl1987
Mforr- you are so bad for me. Thanks guys for having my back.
June 30, 2013 at 4:34pm     
kimdee24
Ha! I won! I beat him. With my game, not the skirt. I shot 84 today and was well on my way to breaking 80 (for the first time) except the wheels kind of fell off on the 14th hole. Oh well... at least I think I might have my game back together!
June 30, 2013 at 4:37pm     
mefor
Sorry, Angela. I'll try to curb my enthusiasm ;)
June 30, 2013 at 4:42pm     
armygirl1987
Thanks my love. Good job Kimdee .
June 30, 2013 at 4:53pm     
armygirl1987
Do we need to put an APB for Bobbi
June 30, 2013 at 4:54pm     
mefor
Hi Pamela! Nice to hear from you again. Are you familiar with the bionic woman?
June 30, 2013 at 5:24pm     
mefor
Calling all cars, calling all cars. Please be on the lookout for a woman with sacks of pennies, sheets of flashing and an insane amount of silver leaf fluttering off of her hot "glowing " body

Cuz ladies don't sweat, they glow
June 30, 2013 at 5:29pm     
mefor
That's not me, that's olldbobbi. I was too busy being a meal for mosquitoes in my garden today.
June 30, 2013 at 5:39pm     
mefor
That's who's in the picture running to Canada, weren't sure if you were familiar with show.
June 30, 2013 at 5:42pm     
DIAspoton
hi pamela. sometimes the linens and accessories are all shades of white,gray and silver. other times i switch to a bright turquoise or pink theme. deeer tones in winter. the advantage to keeping the permanent items neutral.
chalk painted the master vanity today. still need to glaze. painted a couple of small pieces of furniture. taking a break between priming french chairs that need to go to the upholsterer later this week if she can take them.

maybe bobbi and hubby went to a movie to stay cool.
bobbi, are you going to glaze the silver leaf? usually a white or black antique looks best.

way to go KD.
EZ, you mentioned dave needing prayers. have you got a health update to share?
June 30, 2013 at 5:43pm     
mefor
No worries Pamela, I probably would have had a better time silver leafing, ;)
June 30, 2013 at 5:49pm     
nasmijati
@David of Ironwood Builders. Hey guy, we are all still here! Still keeping you close in our thoughts.

Auntie Eztia
June 30, 2013 at 5:53pm     
Jayme H.
Love u David..!!!
June 30, 2013 at 5:57pm     
mefor
Good night ladies. I will now attempt to make up for last nights fiasco. Sleep will come!! See you tomorrow :)
June 30, 2013 at 6:00pm     
kimdee24
Goodnight mforr -- If I read that right, and you're really going to bed this time! Sweet dreams!

Love from here too, Mr. Ironwood!
June 30, 2013 at 6:06pm     
armygirl1987
Good night partner. Not sure what that voice was. Gwaan go sleep gal ( in my Jamaican voice).
June 30, 2013 at 6:07pm     
mefor
Irie mon, irie :)
June 30, 2013 at 6:17pm     
armygirl1987
Mforr- this is for you
June 30, 2013 at 6:19pm     
mefor
That's what I'm talking about!! Love it, that's the position I need to try to stay asleep. Adorable
Thanks angela
June 30, 2013 at 6:22pm     
kimdee24
I guess it's helpful for cooling the house when the vents aren't closed. I found three on the main level that were shut. No wonder it was so hot in here when I got home. Doesn't help that all the blinds in the great room were open either.
June 30, 2013 at 6:24pm     
Jayme H.
@mforr...Being my name is Jayme....I used to get called "Jamie Summers"...in re: the bionic woman...Good thing I was athletic.
June 30, 2013 at 6:30pm     
armygirl1987
Notice the orange sofa. I think it was your looks Jayme
June 30, 2013 at 6:35pm     
Jayme H.
Thx Ang..I will take it as a compliment..I was a blonde!
June 30, 2013 at 7:02pm     
armygirl1987
That was a compliment Jayme
June 30, 2013 at 7:23pm     
armygirl1987
BOBBI----Bobbi
June 30, 2013 at 7:32pm   
pattyannb
HI all... Pamela... so nice to meet you!
David... Only good energy going your way! As you know, we all miss you! So please just say hi! Hugs...

Bobbi! I must say, you have been pretty quiet today.... There have been several times that I come in and get no response to my post... But I have learned how things are here... And need to say, I missed seeing your post...

Kimdee! Good game for sure! Not really sure what you meant when you said you beat "him"... But I am sure it made you feel good!

Angela... My God lady... I would love to have some of those plants.... up here in the PNW... They would never survive... I do have a difenbacia (sp) that blooms... In my bedroom...

Mforr... I would sure like to meet you! You must be such a fun lady!

ezita... Love you! Your post are so heart felt!

OK... Sorry if I missed anyone... There really is a lot of post to read...

Did Robin check in? How is the ankle sweetheart? The DD? I must say, you make me so proud...

Roo, Roo, Roo..... OK when it's 80 deg. C.... What is that in my temp?...

Hugs all.... Got a lot done today... picture to follow soon>>>
June 30, 2013 at 8:14pm     
kimdee24
Hi pamela, and pattyannb!

patty -- "He" is just a buddy, he belongs to one of my friends and we just play golf together a lot.
June 30, 2013 at 8:27pm     
kimdee24
Thanks, it was a good day for me! Nice to meet you as well, welcome to OLLDs!
June 30, 2013 at 8:47pm     
Robin W
Patty - thank you so much for thinking of us :)
At work right now hobbling around. I'm sure it inspires confidence when your paramedic comes limping through the door. Hahaha! Tomorrow I ride a bike for 8 hours on shift. Yay!

Can't wait to see photos!!!
June 30, 2013 at 11:18pm     
Hi all! Sorry I was very quiet yesterday. As if the heat wasn't enough, the computer picked up a virus and was down all afternoon. R worked liked hell on it and finally had to put it back to a few days ago just so we could use the dang thing. We have a firewall and an anti-virus program, both are up to date, but somehow something got in and made a giant mess of everything.

And it cooled off four degrees! Down to 108, isn't that special? The air conditioner isn't working any more so now I have to call and fight with the home warranty company to get it replaced. It is seriously too hot to breathe!

So anyway, I hope you all had a great afternoon yesterday and does everyone have Friday off to make it a long weekend?
July 1, 2013 at 3:57am     
Robin W
Hi Pam! Welcome to the group!

Bobbi - I started 7/1
July 1, 2013 at 4:01am        Thanked by charleee
Thanks, Robin!
July 1, 2013 at 4:03am     
olldroo
Patty- 80 deg C is 176 F!!!!

Just finished wading through this will come over to yesterday and start again and hopefully catch up.
July 1, 2013 at 8:57pm   
How many 6 inch can ceiling lights needed for a 30x30 ft room?
Building a new home with a "great" room 30x30. Want...
OLLD - 6/6
Can hardly see to the end of the street, with all of...
OLLD 5-30
Any news to share OLLDS?
OLLD 9/30
Well.......it's another gray and overcast misty day...
OLLD 7/30
What "colorful" activity do you have planned for today?...
Advice Needed! Smaller couch or 2 chairs?
I plan to replace the white couch because it is too...
Landscape Help!
We moved into our first home 3 months ago and have...
Chairs for Dining Table
Hi, I am thinking of getting this table from Restoration...
Updating fireplace something elegant and modern
Hi there Wondering wound you please make suggestions...
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...