Master Bath - color challenged owner!
Realtor, RE/MAX
I LOVE the bluish/greenish/grayish color shown in pics and want to use it with this tile floor that is off-white with taupe & tan veining. I need to keep the vanity and trim but I could possibly paint them. Found this "shalimar" shower curtain that has the same unique color.

Current paint is PPG's ATC77 "el capitan." Would prefer a lighter feel to the room. Something that would be compatible with accents of beach glass, sand & shells for summer, and branches, leaves & fossils in winter. Considering BM's #2140-50 "gray horse" as it has the blue/green/gray feel but can't quite see the whole picture in my mind, only the pieces.

I plan to change out the counter and light fixture too so suggestions there would be very helpful. Thank you so much!
Realtor, RE/MAX
The actual wall color is shown more accurately in the photo with light bar.
June 30, 2013 at 9:18am   
mousemaker
it's great you have a window. I have a window in a small bath too and it makes a huge difference (plus it helps dry the towels :)) I like the colors you chose, but i think i would stay away from anything too dark just because it's a small room. In winter it might be a little too much, you know? So the countertop could be something more warm?
June 30, 2013 at 9:31am      Thanked by Realtor, RE/MAX
Realtor, RE/MAX
Mousemaker, I agree the window is a plus!
June 30, 2013 at 9:36am   
Since you like Benjamin Moore's 2140-50 and say that it goes with your beautiful painting and your shower curtain, I think that it should be fine for your walls. I would paint the oak vanity two shades darker, BM 2140-30, dark olive, and paint the wood trim in the room white.

I'd then select a white countertop, so that you'll have the white of the shower curtain, the trim and the countertop contrasting nicely with the walls and the vanity. For your lighting and mirrors, my preference would be to have a
vertical framed mirror with a sconce on either side. But if that is not in the budget, then you could just update your lighting above the mirror. A mirror company could add a piece to your existing mirror to take it to the ceiling with a hole cut in it for the electrical connection of the light fixture.
Tube LED Vanity Wall Sconce by George Kovacs
Classic Deco Bath Light - 4 Light
June 30, 2013 at 9:39am      Thanked by Realtor, RE/MAX
Realtor, RE/MAX
THANK YOU, Carolyn! I will have to photoshop that and "try it on for size" but it really sounds exciting! Up until recently I would not have painted the natural wood, but I do realize that it can really look dated. Plus, I have been drawn to painted cabinetry in many of the photos I found on Houzz. If I add a frame to the existing mirror, would you suggest going light to match trim? Or maybe dark?
I will post again with an update.
June 30, 2013 at 12:07pm   
If you want to frame your mirror, you could either go white to match the countertop or you could paint it the color of the vanity. The framed mirror I mentioned was meant to be similar to the ones in the first photo below. However I must say that I really like the large framed mirror in the second photo. They could have mounted a light fixture on that mirror with a hole cut through it for the connection as I mentioned above.
Orinda residence
FORMA Design
June 30, 2013 at 12:22pm        Thanked by Realtor, RE/MAX
Living Room Makeover for "design-challenged" home owner!
I am at a loss as to where to even begin with redesigning...
Are master bedrooms and master baths usually the same color?
Are master bedrooms and master baths usually the same...
Same paint color for master bedroom and master bath suite?
We are painting next weekend and I'm trying to give...
Help with color of door between master bath and master bedroom
We are completing a bathroom refresh/remodel. We are...
Bath and Master Bath Colors
Do master bath and master bedroom colors still need...
What to do With the Wood Panel Doors and Trim?
My husband and I bought our first house last year,...
Pros and Cons - Apartments vs. Houses
Have you lived in both an apartment and a house? What...
need cabinet ideas fora small kitchen
Need cabinet ideas to utlilize space for a small L...
Design my small living room
Need some help designing my oh so tiny living room....
Large lounge room layout.
My lounge has a fire on one wall and the TV on the...