Hallway help
Shondelle Mole
I recently moved into a new house and I am wanting to do something with the hallway. My husband and I are in the process in making a study nook as you can see in the photo but we don't know exactly how we want to decorate the whole area? Any ideas or tips?
huttonxs3
I'm not sure as to what I'm looking at...sorry. The first picture shows two doors...where do they go to? The second picture is a closet you are building? Is the thrid picture part of teh hall with teh first picture? and how do they all line up with the last picture? That would help before I suggest anything...sorry.
0 Likes   July 1, 2013 at 3:33AM
Shondelle Mole
Both doors lead into the toilet and bathroom. The other 2 pics are of the main hallway showing what was a closet but is turning into a study nook.
0 Likes   July 1, 2013 at 3:37AM
Sharon
Could you do a floor plan sketch?
0 Likes   July 1, 2013 at 3:40AM
huttonxs3
Maybe you can open up the closet and add a small desk, counter top with a vaniety chair of some sorts and then add shelving above it for books etc. You could use the side wall if your keeping it to make into a chalk board or white board or even add strips of metal to hang things like pen cups keys etc. You could make 1/4 of the all a chalkboard and add a small shelf under it or table of some sortfor extra room. Allowing for a mail sorter, or just hang one. Use soft colours nothing to bold or bright. Then you can build in a bookcase where you have one at the end or use shevles that are kind of scattered across the wall in order to give it more of an open feel. Keeping them white. The darker colours will, in my opinion , make it feel small. Something like this mabe?
http://www.debreinhart.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/50243352062563436NsMtXdfpc.jpg
1 Like   July 1, 2013 at 3:45AM
1 Like   July 1, 2013 at 3:46AM
Shondelle Mole
Thankyou, this is exactly what I was thinking. The hallway isn't very wide so I have been leaning towards light colours and making the space feel bigger.
0 Likes   July 1, 2013 at 3:50AM
Shondelle Mole
Wow such amazing ideas! The wallpaper idea is something I never thought about. It's a great colour too.
1 Like   July 1, 2013 at 3:52AM
huttonxs3
Yeap I'm quite fond of that colour myself! And it would allow for colour without making it feel small! Your welcome.
1 Like   July 1, 2013 at 3:55AM
Need help with a neural wallpaper for a hallway,stairway and upstairs hallway
I need to find a neutral but patterned wallpaper to...
lauraferg900
Need help finishing hallway table - GroverAxle can you help?
Hi! I need help finishing my upstairs hallway. The...
joanie_b
Help- Need help to Redecorate Hallway
Hi, As you can see my hallway is very drab and would...
Becky O
Need help with colors for hallway and foyer
Please please tell me the colors used in this lovely...
hunterfamily
Hallway help!!!
Need help with decorating hallway! Want to keep the...
Shondelle Mole
I am seeking....
a day bed that has a trundle that when released goes...
happycl8
PLEASE HELP - Need exterior house color advice
Just repainted the entire exterior and kind of hate...
vecarlson
Who's my candidate?
I'm so so ready to decorate someone house!! I live...
Erica Heard
need helps for my plain living room!
it is kind of plain. any suggestions
James Heaps_Nelson
mommag109