What should I use for privacy only on these windows?
candace84
While I don't want to block the view, I want to be able to cover at night for privacy. Any suggestions?
Blinds Direct Canada
I would recommend screen shades. They are a great option to cut the glare and still give you the privacy that your looking for at night.
http://www.blindsdirectcanada.com/blinds-toronto/shades-toronto/roller-blinds-screen-shades.html
July 1, 2013 at 10:17AM   
Two Blind Guys
If you're main objective is to keep your view during the day but create privacy at night, then I would suggest 2 different products. I would suggest a Hunter Douglas Duette Honeycomb or a Hunter Douglas Designer Roller Shade. The reason I suggest both products is because they can provide you with privacy at night when pulled down but during the day, you have the ability to raise them up and the stack or roll of the two is very small so it won't take away from your view. They will stuck up at the top of window to a very small stack and virtually Disappear.
July 1, 2013 at 11:00AM     
North Shore Decor
Sorry blindsdirect, Screen shades DO NOT provide nighttime privacy!!!!!!!! Just as you can see through to the outside during the day (as in the picture above), when it's dark out and your lights are on -people can see IN from the outside. What's worse is that you wont be able to see them watching you.

As for matchstick roll-up blinds- they are not sold anymore. They are considered a strangulation safety hazard.
July 1, 2013 at 11:39AM   
Two Blind Guys
North Shore Decor- You can get Hunter Douglas Designer Screen Shades in a blackout shade that has a rear liner on it that will not allow any light to come through and will offer complete privacy. They come in an array of different opaqueness for this exact reason.
July 1, 2013 at 12:56PM   
North Shore Decor
Yes, there is a blackout lined screen shade. But that is not what he was referring to. Blackout shades don't cut the glare, they eliminate it. Roller shades have different opaqueness and can offer privacy. Screen shades are a sub-category of roller shades and are measured by openness . Other than blackout lined shades, screen shades do not give nighttime privacy.
July 1, 2013 at 5:17PM   
A Crew of Two
What is your budget? There are options, but if there is a budget the above mentioned shades may not be in it. They are lovely and so easy to open and close. Roman shades are also nice- they come in virtually any color you could imagine and can add color and texture to a room. A bamboo woven roman shade (try Overstock.com) could be an inexpensive answer. A darker color would go well with your furniture.
July 1, 2013 at 5:59PM   
Should I use wood blinds - I need privacy
What are the trends of 2" wood blinds ?
Should I put up a fence or use trees to create privacy?
I'm having a hard time deciding what to do along the...
Bedroom window - not sure how to cover this window. What should I use?
We are building a new home. This window faces the roadway...
what window treaments should I use for these windows?
1. picture of family room 2.dining room 3.Kitchen...
What's the hardest thing to clean in your house?
Surely there is something in your house that involves...
Bathroom lighting
I am locking at long, vertical wall lights between...
Icky Decor; Cool Room
Hi from Louisiana! We moved into a much bigger house...
Help pull our nursery together!!
So we finally have all the furniture in our nursery...
Ikea picture ledge
Does anyone know if the ikea ledges can be painted?...