Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lorenjill

Floor stain

lorenjill
10 years ago
Hi. I have white oak floors and I am looking for thus color as my end result. Can you tell me what stains were used to achieve this??? Thx!
Buckhead Client's Ski Retreat - Kitchen · More Info

Comments (3)

• PRO
    New Mood Design LLC
    10 years ago
    This is a custom stain from Belgium; however, the floor planks - European Oak - were put through a triple fuming process before they were even stained; this process alters the wood plank and how it "takes" the stain. Simply putting a grey/silver stain on a white oak floor plank won't achieve this same look. It's the triple fuming process that enables the browny/taupe tones to come through the grey/silver.
  • PRO
    Pedini of Atlanta, LLC
    10 years ago
    I visited this house and saw these floors when we installed the kitchen and bath cabinets and they are even more beautiful in person. The wood with the stone borders are beautifully done and compliment rest of the finishes in this home wonderfully. The heated floors are an added bonus, we were there in the fall and snow was already falling but the house was warm and cozy without the hot air blowing like you have with forced air heat.
  • PRO
    New Mood Design LLC
    10 years ago
    Thank you, Pedini of Atlanta! Yes, the radiant heated floors throughout this home were a very good investment in this climate, and actually save on overall heating costs in fall and winter months.