Kitchen table color

kellbell0815July 1, 2013
I have dark cherry wood floors and white cabinets in my living room and kitchen. I am wanting to paint the wood table in the kitchen. I am wanting advice about paint color. I really love the gray stain but not sure it will match. IDEAS?
felixgrantham
What look do you desire? Shabby chic?

Will you please post some more pics of the surroundings & other rooms in your house to give us a hint of what direction you want to go? THX!
    Bookmark   July 1, 2013 at 1:59PM
How about painting the table white (like your cabinets). Then paint the chairs a complementary dark blue of your wall color?
The Upward Bound House by Cozette Coffman · More Info
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 1, 2013 at 1:59PM
Warren Mullins
All I could think of is either white or cheery red.
    Bookmark   July 1, 2013 at 2:04PM
kellbell0815
Pictures are not great, please ignore my daughter, toys, and dog.
    Bookmark   July 1, 2013 at 2:08PM
felixgrantham
Adorable child!

Like the idea of white table.
Gray stain on the table would be compatible with kitchen counters. If you do gray, I think I'd like to see the chairs painted white.

Unsolicited advice:
You seem to have a lot going on with orange-ish beige & blue walls & what appear to be green drapes.
I'd repaint the blue wall to match the others (since the beige seems more in line with your backsplash) - and/or get drapes more compatible with one or both of the wall colors. If you go w/ new drapes - make like the old West & "hang 'em high!"
    Bookmark   Thanked by kellbell0815    July 1, 2013 at 2:31PM
tennisanyone
My first thought was not to paint the table and chairs but to repaint the whole kitchen one color. I love the floors. I think I would pick up the green. I don't like the two toned walls, Im sorry to say. It makes the kitchen feel disjointed so I would put my time in the whole space and get more substantial drapes that hang higher and wider so the space feels bigger. Your children will beat up the table and chairs in a few years anyway so I think I would leave them alone. Is that a wood chest in your kitchen, I can't really see it. might do that in an accent color on that piece. Your daughter, toys and dog is what makes your house a home, no apologies.
    Bookmark   July 1, 2013 at 2:32PM
kellbell0815
The wood chest is an antique from my grandmother and I am not willing to paint it...it is still the original wood finsih and in great condition. We have debated painting the kitchen all one color...many times. I always get overwhelmed with the idea! The walls are a tan (terrible picture) and not orange. I am just tired of all the wood and same color. I have been thinking about new curtains, and will def hang them high next go around. Great ideas, thanks and keep them coming.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 1, 2013 at 2:39PM
tennisanyone
Yes, then don't paint the chest if it is an antique and you love it. Some people on here would disagree that painting old things makes them fresh for the new owner., its really a personal decision. , I would paint the whole kitchen all one color and all the wood would be beautiful. Right now, everything is competing with each other. It is a weekend job to paint and you can do it yourself unless you have very high ceilings. Sometimes it is the small changes that make a big difference.
    Bookmark   Thanked by kellbell0815    July 1, 2013 at 2:47PM
what color is the sofa?
I have Revere Pewter on my walls and dark chocolate...
jfsmithson
Help with counter top and kitchen table color
I have attached pictures of the flooring I ordered...
sarajoy23
Need help with table, counter stool colors in all white kitchen!
Just bought a new home with an all white kitchen. The...
kmerbear
kmerbear
Please help me with my bedroom
For some reason my bedroom was never quite furnished,...
Jake Schwartz
Need help with kitchen and bath cabinets
Should cabinet knobs/handles match the style and finish...
jschick72
Would love your thoughts on my wall of pictures!
I'm hoping to get some feedback on whether I'm going...
flygirl66
Where to put house numbers and mailbox?
I need to put the house numbers up ( I thought about...
Kitana DeRosa
Needing ideas for curb appeal and new colors
We're wanting to change the color of our home and update...
Wendy