Help I need to revamp my beach shack
nickkaren1
Lounge/kitchen &dining are all one small room. It's like stepping back into the 70's, with wood panneling & shabby carpet & wood laminated cupboards. I would like it to feel beachy, clean, cosy & practical. We have a large wooden deck out the front overlooking an entire bay. Help would be sooooo appreciated.:)
4 Likes   Thanked by nickkaren1    July 2, 2013 at 8:00AM
apple_pie_order
Is this the same house as your other discussion?
0 Likes   July 2, 2013 at 8:40AM
cathyjoco
You didn't mention budget - but for starters I would flip the TV area with the dining area. If you are limited on budget I would paint the cabinets with Miss Mustard's milk paint; perhaps incorporating some slight pattern on them. I would remove the carpet and install a laminate floor. Countertops can be purchased at Lowes and Home Depot, the counters above look easy enough....
0 Likes   July 2, 2013 at 8:54AM
nickkaren1
Hi apple pie, no its not the same house, this is a beach shack that we brought 7 years ago and we have not done too much too it so far. I have been unable to come up with ideas that I don't change 2 weeks later.I think I would like whites/blue/aqua/green sorta modern clean feel. And then I will need to do up the rest of the shack. Our bathroom is very 70's and that will be our next mission.
cathyjoco, we have a budget under $20thousand. Thanks for your input as well. Can you tell me, is the mustards same as milk colour? and what colour laminate floor do you recommend?? Thanks guys, appreciate anyhelp. :)
0 Likes   July 2, 2013 at 4:04PM
nickkaren1
Dytecture, I just looked at those images and they are GORGEOUS that is exactly what I was looking for. I love it, thanks so much, I can't wait to renovate!! :) :)
0 Likes   July 2, 2013 at 4:12PM
bookworm202
I love the renovated kitchen photo! I would go with beat board, white or cream cabinets, tangerine subway tile backsplash (just for fun, or turquoise) and white washed wood floors with some beachy area rugs and maybe some exposed shelves? Hope this helps!
1 Like   Thanked by nickkaren1    July 2, 2013 at 4:36PM
Please post before and afters!!!
0 Likes   Thanked by nickkaren1    July 2, 2013 at 4:36PM
Granite Transformations
The layout isn't bad. I think you can make that space work. Here's what I'd suggest.

Install new hardwood flooring, see image attached.

Reface the cabinetry to a white shaker, like Dytecture's picture above. Our refacing surfaces might serve as a starting point, read here- http://www.granitetransformations.com/southjersey/cabinet-refacing-page/

Keep the appliances as long as they are functioning well. They'll match the white beach feel and save you money not having to update.

Paint the space Summer Shower by Benjamin Moore- http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/summershower

Finally, install new granite counters and backsplash. I love Dytecture's recommendation for the mosaic tile backsplash. I'd say choose something similar to our white star glass counters that you can see here- http://www.granitetransformations.com/southjersey/products/recycled-glass-countertops/colors/
0 Likes   Thanked by nickkaren1    July 2, 2013 at 4:54PM
cathyjoco
Yes, Miss Mustard Seed has a website, but it is milk paint. If you go to her site she has some items with stenciling. I would use a medium brown laminate floor, it can be distressed - only thing is I would consider is what do you prefer walking on, smooth surface or distressed....
0 Likes   Thanked by nickkaren1    July 2, 2013 at 5:08PM
Whisper House Real Estate Group, L.L.C
Hello! Please advise on your budget. The first quick fix I see is to paint the paneling. Whitewashed paneling gives a great beach feel! Your furniature has a Retro / Art Decco feel. Is that the style you would like your design to reflect?
0 Likes   September 18, 2014 at 10:34AM
edithsmom
OLD!
0 Likes   September 18, 2014 at 6:40PM
manolla
Pull carpet / sand floors/ paint kitchen cabinets and change window covering
0 Likes   September 18, 2014 at 10:05PM
bgfuqua
older post
0 Likes   September 18, 2014 at 10:19PM
Need help to revamp my living room
I desperately need to update my living room, new fire,...
Need help to revamp my home..
My home is full of white everywhere, starts from wall...
Need help revamping my daughters old dark chest of drawers.
Hi all! Happy 4th July to all in USA. I'm in UK. I'm...
Need help with revamping my living/dining room
I am still confused on what colors to paint my plain...
Help converting bedroom w/ sitting room into more of a 'studio apt'
Hi all! Thanks for your help! I have a bit of an unusual...
Area rug?
This is a small alcove in the front of our house. ...
Trying to choose wood trim
We are currently remodeling our kitchen and living...
Keeping backsplash clean
I am considering this tile for my kitchen backsplash....