Help I need to revamp my beach shack
nickkaren1
Lounge/kitchen &dining are all one small room. It's like stepping back into the 70's, with wood panneling & shabby carpet & wood laminated cupboards. I would like it to feel beachy, clean, cosy & practical. We have a large wooden deck out the front overlooking an entire bay. Help would be sooooo appreciated.:)
July 2, 2013 at 8:00AM        Thanked by nickkaren1
apple_pie_order
Is this the same house as your other discussion?
July 2, 2013 at 8:40AM   
cathyjoco
You didn't mention budget - but for starters I would flip the TV area with the dining area. If you are limited on budget I would paint the cabinets with Miss Mustard's milk paint; perhaps incorporating some slight pattern on them. I would remove the carpet and install a laminate floor. Countertops can be purchased at Lowes and Home Depot, the counters above look easy enough....
July 2, 2013 at 8:54AM   
nickkaren1
Hi apple pie, no its not the same house, this is a beach shack that we brought 7 years ago and we have not done too much too it so far. I have been unable to come up with ideas that I don't change 2 weeks later.I think I would like whites/blue/aqua/green sorta modern clean feel. And then I will need to do up the rest of the shack. Our bathroom is very 70's and that will be our next mission.
cathyjoco, we have a budget under $20thousand. Thanks for your input as well. Can you tell me, is the mustards same as milk colour? and what colour laminate floor do you recommend?? Thanks guys, appreciate anyhelp. :)
July 2, 2013 at 4:04PM   
nickkaren1
Dytecture, I just looked at those images and they are GORGEOUS that is exactly what I was looking for. I love it, thanks so much, I can't wait to renovate!! :) :)
July 2, 2013 at 4:12PM   
bookworm202
I love the renovated kitchen photo! I would go with beat board, white or cream cabinets, tangerine subway tile backsplash (just for fun, or turquoise) and white washed wood floors with some beachy area rugs and maybe some exposed shelves? Hope this helps!
July 2, 2013 at 4:36PM        Thanked by nickkaren1
Please post before and afters!!!
July 2, 2013 at 4:36PM      Thanked by nickkaren1
Granite Transformations
The layout isn't bad. I think you can make that space work. Here's what I'd suggest.

Install new hardwood flooring, see image attached.

Reface the cabinetry to a white shaker, like Dytecture's picture above. Our refacing surfaces might serve as a starting point, read here- http://www.granitetransformations.com/southjersey/cabinet-refacing-page/

Keep the appliances as long as they are functioning well. They'll match the white beach feel and save you money not having to update.

Paint the space Summer Shower by Benjamin Moore- http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/summershower

Finally, install new granite counters and backsplash. I love Dytecture's recommendation for the mosaic tile backsplash. I'd say choose something similar to our white star glass counters that you can see here- http://www.granitetransformations.com/southjersey/products/recycled-glass-countertops/colors/
July 2, 2013 at 4:54PM      Thanked by nickkaren1
cathyjoco
Yes, Miss Mustard Seed has a website, but it is milk paint. If you go to her site she has some items with stenciling. I would use a medium brown laminate floor, it can be distressed - only thing is I would consider is what do you prefer walking on, smooth surface or distressed....
July 2, 2013 at 5:08PM      Thanked by nickkaren1
Need help to revamp my living room
I desperately need to update my living room, new fire,...
Need help to revamp my home..
My home is full of white everywhere, starts from wall...
Need help revamping my daughters old dark chest of drawers.
Hi all! Happy 4th July to all in USA. I'm in UK. I'm...
Need help with revamping my living/dining room
I am still confused on what colors to paint my plain...
Help with Exterior Paint Scheme Please!
This is a 1947 house with cedar siding and brick foundation....
Lighting, paint, media center in my living room
Hello, I have uploaded a discussion about my living...
Need help with my house exterior, from old to modern
We recently purchase this 1970's house and would like...
Pictures for an asymmetrical space
I'd like to hang some combination of pictures in this...
Please help with master bedroom on a BUDGET!
I posted na week or so ago but think in my post was...