Kitchen Reno
ted61
I want to update my kitchen, I don't know whether to paint the cabinets, put modern cabinets in. Keep in mind we have oak trim, oak fireplace all through our house. Look at the pictures of my kitchen now, please help
handymam
no pics
July 2, 2013 at 10:46am   
ted61
Hopefully the pictures went through this time.
July 2, 2013 at 11:20am     
I wish I could find the picture but a poster showed a before/after of a kitchen just like yours and gel stained them an espresso color. It turned out great.
July 2, 2013 at 11:24am      Thanked by ted61
July 4, 2013 at 7:30pm        Thanked by ted61
tschmoeg
I guess the ultimate deciding factor is going to be how much you want to spend, and what shape the cabinets are in. Personally, I think there is a lot you can do to the kitchen to change the appearance without replacing all of the cabinets and starting from scratch. If you stain the cabinets I would probably go for a shade or two lighter than espresso, since combined with the wall color and counter top it could make the room seem dark. In either event I would probably remove the top/molding above the window- it would open up the space and probably let more light in.
July 4, 2013 at 7:42pm   
thank you the essentials inside..yep!
July 6, 2013 at 12:34pm   
valentine1961
There is a paint made I do believe it is through Country Living called Caromel Colors. If you search for caromel colors you will get a blog and this woman has a store out in Michigan and on her blog are before and after photo's and you can see how the paint covers the grain on oak. I was skeptical until it showed the before and after. It is not at all difficult to do and it would save a lot of money. Your cabinets appear to be in great shape. Save your pennies and at least try painting them. What I would suggest is if you have an oak bathroom vanity, test it on there first before you do the entire kitchen if your skeptical about painting your cabinets. That's what I plan on doing.
July 6, 2013 at 1:20pm   
Need ideas for a modern style front porch/seating area.
My wife and I recently purchased our first home!!!!!...
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
Okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
Need help with area rug colors
I am looking for an area rug to tie my family room...
Should girls have less pink in their bedrooms/lives?
I am trying to decide whether to paint my young daughter's...
Best music to play while housekeeping?
I never get more cleaning done than when everyone else...