Shared Gender-Neutral Children's Bathroom
n312
July 3, 2013 in Before & After
Renovated a bathroom to be shared by boy/girl siblings. Gut renovation, saved only the vanity which while it was a generic big box store piece, was functional and did not need to go to a landfill. Toilet needed to be turned to come up to code and meet clearance from tub requirements. Radiant heat under tile will help reduce moisture as will an installed exhaust fan on timer with nightlight feature

Traditional tub spout with diverter combined with thermostatic valve trim with independent volume control and hand shower, slide bar and hose. Easy adjustable height shower system for when the kids grow older but easy to use handheld for rinsing out hair for babies/toddlers and better tub cleaning. No single function showerhead for a cleaner layout.

Paint brings out the ocean-like hues in the accent tile which is a mini brick gray glass stone mixed mosaic. The accent includes grey stone in various shades, clear glass, rain effect glass and seashell. The masculine stone is softened by the shiny seashell making it perfect for a bath that will be shared by boys and girls.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
n312
See full ideabook here:
July 3, 2013 at 10:28am   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Jeannie Nguyen
Love it! Even though it appears to mostly be blue, I definitely get a gender neutral vibe. Blue/cool toned bathrooms are so relaxing!
July 3, 2013 at 11:01am   
More Discussions
Jesse's kitchen - what kitchen would look good?
I'd love some ideas for a total kitchen refit, some...
Paint colours grey/gold?
I need to pick a paint colour for the main portion...
How do you display your books?
Some people love their coffee table books, others display...
Bar Area?
We have this empty room and would love to have a "hanging...
© 2014 Houzz Inc.
Houzz® The new way to design your home™