Reactions needed - odd door swing
Ellessebee
I have an unusual situation, and would like help deciding on the best door swing for my master bedroom/suite. Due to a number of construction and design decisions and snafus, the door from the hallway into the master suite hallway can be hung to swing one of 3 ways: opening into the suite, in which case it will block either (1) the bathroom door or (2) one of the closet doors (depending on which side we put the hinges) or (3) opening out into the main hallway in which case it will, when open, swing out against a wall where the entrance foyer door will be parked when open. The doors will overlap slightly when open, although the bedroom door will not be flush against the wall as the foyer door will and we can protect them with door stops. (We will also have to move a lightswitch to the opposite side of the hall if we swing out.) I think it's odd to swing out into the main hallway, not into the suite, but I also don't want to block the bathroom door. I could live with blocking the closet door although it would mean the bedroom door has to be closed whenever I am using the closet. Since most of the time it will just be my husband and me, we don't plan to closet the bedroom door very much, and this arrangement seems like an inconvenience. Which would you recommend? Swing out into the main entrance hallway or sing in against the closet door? I welcome your opinions - thanks.
TanCalGal
Sliding door outside of bedroom? King's Shade The Attwater

Custom made narrow double doors (together the width of one door) and when they were open they might be too narrow to hit the bathroom or closet areas?

Our MBR-bath has a pocket door and we rarely close it.
July 3, 2013 at 8:42PM   
Ellessebee
We were originally supposed to have a pocket door in this location - we have one across the bathroom and also the inner door at the entrance to the bedroom, but this outer door to the suite was changed to a swinging door to enlarge the closet. I thought about the double door solution and it's still on the table - but it would compromise both the closet and the bathroom doors, although not as much as a single door. Also, all the doors are 5-panel frett glass and a double door would be significantly different from the rest of the doors in the house, but it's still a contender. Thanks.
July 3, 2013 at 9:05PM   
Ellessebee
I should add, to clarify, we can't do a sliding or pocket door because there's no wall for it to slide into/alongside.
July 3, 2013 at 9:06PM   
Close to pulling all my hair out. HELP PLEASE!
I'm not sure which countertop to go with between two...
Kitchen island addition dilemma
We're adding an island to our kitchen and we can't...
Accent/color dilemma
My main living room colors are a fun apple green and...
What do I need to do with this space?
Just got the Farm House table, bench, and hutch for...
where to buy a 48" wide dining table?
hi, looking for a dining table that is 48" to 50" wide,...