Need help for my kitchen
Marina Krakovich
i have this small kitchen and no money for reconstruction,
i want to paint the walls , what color would you pick for the walls?
thanks
glitzy
Are you renting? If you own this kitchen, you could paint the cabinets too. At the very least, a good scrubbing, and new handles will update those cabinets. The counters are great, and you could get some cute baskets at Michaels or the Container Store and use the space above your cabinets and refrigerator for additional storage. A roman shade in a bright pattern (search online) for your window will add a lovely punch of color. Try an indoor/outdoor rug in the kitchen (stains wash right off). Ballard Designs sells them in a huge variety of colors and sizes. Check their colors out; you may find a color that you like for your walls. Also, don't forget to freshen up your ceiling with a crisp coat of white paint. I think your kitchen could be adorable and not cost too much to brighten up. Just do one project at a time so you don't get overwhelmed mentally or financially. I would especially love to see a small lamp on the counter under the window that you could leave on when you leave the kitchen. That way you don't have to leave the overhead lights on all night long. Check out consignments stores, Goodwill, etc. Good luck with your project and keep us updated!
July 4, 2013 at 1:20am      Thanked by Marina Krakovich
rinqreation
That's not a small kitchen (at least not to me) and looking at your ideabook you like soft colors of all sorts. What could be better than white kitchen cabinets to paint around! I see the white tile goes up on all walls, right? Even better! Now the floor won't interfere with the walls either! Anything is possible!
July 4, 2013 at 2:23am   
rinqreation
I had a similar kitchen once (half the size!) and painted the walls bright pink and soft orange, just because they were small and because I could. Such fun, but only possible when you can decide yourself.. Are you single or do you live with someone?
July 4, 2013 at 2:25am   
rinqreation
Start with new handles, steel/aluminum, shaped like the ones on the fridge. Major difference.
July 4, 2013 at 2:30am      Thanked by Marina Krakovich
July 4, 2013 at 2:32am   
What doesn't need help?! My bathrooms, my kitchen, my laundry room.
My house is from 1979 and it totally looks it. We've...
Need help for my kitchen - keep my white tile floor
Would like to replace dated wallpaper, add granite...
Need help with my backsplash in my kitchen.
I have flat paneled Benjamin Moore "Chantilly Lace"...
i need help deciding how to trim my windows in my den/kitchen
The window is 72" x 72" , i already installed interior...
What color and patterns should I use?
I'm redecorating my daughters room soon. I'm using...
Kitchen Island Decor
I have a large island in my kitchen and am struggling...
What do I do with this formal dining room turned playroom?
We just downsized and now have to use our formal dining...