Gray and tan paint colors that go together?
noraedie
Hello,
I'm looking for a gray paint color and a tan paint color that go well together. I want both of the colors in our new house (sorry no pics yet!) and I want them to compliment each other, since they will be used in rooms next to each other. I'll be using the tan with a sand multi color short shag carpet and the gray with a dark multi color gray tile floor. We'll have a thick white trim throughout and the house is modern (sort of beach house feel with turquoise backsplash, etc)
Any suggestions?
Thanks so much!
Nora
Your rug color drives all your decisions. Can you share more specifics?
July 4, 2013 at 6:23PM   
noraedie
Ooh, that's good to know! I actually haven't picked out the carpet yet. We close on the house in a few weeks and are doing a ton of work, I'm just brainstorming now. I like a neutral light tan with specks of different colors in it, and comfy with a bit of shaggy-ness in it. I'm going to try to attach the picture of the gray tile we want... Thanks for any thoughts! http://www.tileshop.com/product/productdetail.aspx?familyID=4&recordID=5054737
July 4, 2013 at 6:31PM   
noraedie
I'm sorry, that didn't work! But I guess the main reason I posted is because I want to have both gray and tan in the house, but I want to make sure that looks ok together. I didn't know if there was a smart trick to get those shades to compliment each other. Thanks again!
July 4, 2013 at 6:33PM   
kcox01
look at bennington grey by Benjamin Moore, I recently used it, wanting geige color, to go with tan's and grey tones. looks great with tan carpet and black trim or accents
July 4, 2013 at 6:38PM     
Amy Wax
i agree that the floor is important and frequently determines where the colors of your rooms change. Whether the flooring is tile or rug, it is crucial to take your flooring into consideration. I have an easy way of choosing a tan and gray that will flow from one room to the other. I created an app called Color911 (Color911.com) which is a great tool for helping choose colors. I created themes of colors that all go together. One of the themes is attached, which is all colors in the families you are looking for. You can create your own colors, or choose colors from a theme. There are many themes that you can use and I know designers like using them for color ideas.. but I thought this one would be good for you. Simply show the color you choose when you go to buy your paint and they will match it. It's easy. I hope this helps!
July 4, 2013 at 6:50PM     
noraedie
Thank you very much! I do like bennington gray and Amy, that app is amazing!!! Thanks again. I really appreciate the ideas! I'm glad you don't think I'm crazy to have gray and tan together :)
July 4, 2013 at 7:17PM   
Freaking out about my floor plan!
This is the approved floor plan of our to be built....
Family Room Clean Slate
I am working with a clean slate in this family room....
Tub in the master or the guest bath
We are renovating both bathrooms in a 2bd/2bath apartment....
Search for a certain type of pendant -- so close, but can't find!
I have a country kitchen, the look of which I'd like...
flooring for kitchen
We are trying to decide about the flooring for our...