Need recommendation for welcoming and useful foyer table
cfinegan
We are limited by 24" width by the one wall where an entrance table would fit. The table or bench would ideally be somewhere a guest could put a bag on or under on a shelf and we could use for keys, etc. needs to be sturdy to accommodate young kids!
cfinegan
Here's another photo of the space. The table would go below the mirror. Thanks!!
    Bookmark   July 4, 2013 at 10:14PM
parisgirl1970
Maybe a small tapestry bench or vanity chair?. I say this also b/c we don't wear shoes in the house and I need a seat when I have boots on also., ( I don't know about others). So- I would need a place for a person to sit -if need be, or to put something down on..Nice floors and pretty doors!
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by cfinegan    July 4, 2013 at 10:36PM
nwduck
This spot is not very large, so although I like the repeat of the oval mirror/oval door window, I think I would opt for shelves. These would be as deep as you could go given a keeping a workable walkway. Pretty bowls/baskets could hold essentials, combined with purely decorative objects. Maybe you could still work in the oval mirror with two shelves. It doesn't feel like there is room for a bench or much else. When I have a party, I stick a big basket by the door and put one or two of my own handbags in it as a hint. That way it's not there permanently!
    Bookmark   Thanked by cfinegan    July 4, 2013 at 11:00PM
parisgirl1970
"it needs to be sturdy to accomodate young kids"....pretty bowls/decorative objects? hang em high.
    Bookmark   Thanked by cfinegan    July 5, 2013 at 12:29AM
nwduck
I was figuring by the time kids are high enough to potentially reach a light switch, they're old enough to know not to hang off a shelf! Just to be on the safe side, when mine were that age, I pretty much bought decorative objects that were rather soft and/or under $10. :)
    Bookmark   Thanked by cfinegan    July 5, 2013 at 12:58AM
glitzy
I needed a triangular black table that couldn't be bigger than 19" wide on either side for my powder room. I looked ever where. I found it in Home Goods/ T. J. Maxx. They often have tall square tables, often with a second shelf, that might fit your space. Check out Goodwill, and consignment stores too. You can always paint it, in fact you have a lot of wood in your hall so a cute painted table would look nice. I would add a colorful rug to make your foyer welcoming. A bowl on top for keys, mail, etc. and your done!
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by cfinegan    July 5, 2013 at 1:16AM
rinqreation
I would not place anything on the floor, but make a mini wardrobe with some shelves and hooks.
    Bookmark   Thanked by cfinegan    July 5, 2013 at 2:51AM
cfinegan
Thank you guys! I tend to agree maybe we could lose the mirror, I think I may have found a good solution that's actually only 24" wide. Thoughts on this? http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Easton-Hall-Tree-Bench/3312259/product.html?cid=202290&kid=9553000357392&track=pspla&ef_id=UdcR7wAABNtuOJKx:20130705183527:s
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 11:19AM
Amanda Konersmann
I like the idea of a table with a low shelf. Double useable space!
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by cfinegan    July 8, 2013 at 3:09PM
Foyer suggestions needed!!
Currently my Foyer is an uninviting space. I love the...
mrsjimmyb
Grand foyers.. Yay or Nay?
What are your thoughts on a grand foyer with a large...
adrienneredwood
Hating my Foyer--Any help would be SO appreciated!
I am not a techie at all---can't even load pics! Hope...
erinbono
Small round, boring foyer
What can I do in here relatively inexpensively to make...
Monika Jones
Table decor foyer
Please feel free to suggests type of top decorative...
jmaria92
coffee table suggestions
So I love my new sofa but not certain what type of...
kamila23
Toilet Troubles - How do I deal with this poorly placed toilet?
Hi Houzz friends. One of the challenges about living...
Karen Somerville
Does this work all together? Dining room.
Dining room that I am having a hard time getting right....
nessievjk
Will these choices work????
Went to Ethan Allen shopping for new living room furniture...
Ann
Help with my kitchen
I have a new construction home with shaker style white...
baseball