OLLD 7/5

charleeeJuly 5, 2013
Good morning all! I hope everyone survived the fireworks last night? Our heatwave has finally broken, it was a pleasant 70 degrees at 4 AM this morning and that's a beautiful thing!
astraea
I survived July 4th, but apparently my internet browser didn't! Starting yesterday afternoon, I've been unable to access Houzz (the only website with which I'm having a problem) with Internet Explorer! My cable company "upgraded" its website, which was also a problem, because my computer didn't automatically access the new one, but even after that was fixed, Houzz was still inaccessible. Since I'm able to access it thru Google Chrome, that's how I made it here now .. but I'm not sure if things look the same! COMPUTERS .. CAN'T LIVE WITH 'EM, CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT 'EM!
4 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 4:58AM
Astraea, if it makes you feel any better I got an email from Roo, she's having the same problems! And I think I remember from yesterday mforr having difficulty too. We're still having issues with this pesky computer virus. It will hibernate for a while and then pop up again. It's a pain!
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 5:06AM
astraea
TanCalGal also had problems with access. This is getting annoying, because Internet Explorer is defined as my default browser, so when I get notifications of posts via e-mail, I have to manually access Houzz via Chrome instead. Grrrr!!

The cable company's old website home page could be customized to display all the news, but now it only allows you to display functions they provide .. none of which I need to see; it's like telling you what your own name is; how useful is that?!
3 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 5:14AM
That would probably be useful if you had one too many the night before! Google Chrome is pretty good, you don't like it?
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 5:22AM
Robin W
I'm having a bit of trouble too on my iPad.
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 5:36AM
S. Thomas Kutch
Good morning ladies...........I"m glad that's over with. Sounded like a fire fight here last night with all the fireworks going off and they're illegal here in our county......problem is that one of Mississippi's largest fireworks stands is just across the state line (about 8 miles) from us and that's where everybody heads to stock up. We heard them till well past midnight last night........

Should be another beautiful day weather wise here, mid to upper 80's, which is really unusual for us at this time of year.......normal is sweltering heat with high humidity and for the past week or so it's been dry and 10-15 degrees below normal temp wise.......loving it for, but now it's headed back to normal......next week mid to high 90's with matching humidity levels......

Today's agenda is house work.... it's Friday and that's cleaning day, so not much else planned. Will also start getting some more supplies to pour the pavers for the front patio and get that started this weekend......we have 84 24"x24" acid washed pavers to pour....... 4 at time. Forms are cut and oiled already..........

Better eat something and get moving.......have a good one ladies and play nice.
4 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 5:39AM
S. Thomas Kutch
haven' had any problem getting on the site..........try cleaning out your cache and temp files.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 5:40AM
astraea
STK - That's one thing the cable representative did last night; it hasn't helped with access to Houzz, but now I've got to log into all the website who "lost their cookies" last night (pun intended). It's interesting that Chrome underlines certain words/phrases I typed, such as "default browser" and "home page"!
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 5:46AM
Morning STK! Sorry about your high heat and humidity but I am ever so thankful we've got rid of ours. Yesterday broke records, 110 in Sacramento and we are hotter than they are. You really need to get yourself a digital camera, we are visual people and just cannot imagine 84 24"x24" pavers!

Morning Robin!
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 5:57AM
Robin W
Lets try this on the phone. Wouldn't work on the iPad.

I don't do this early morning stuff too well. I had to be up early today to get an oil change done on my truck. Tried to get it done yesterday but it was going to be a 3 hour wait! No thanks.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 6:36AM
S. Thomas Kutch
Bobbi.... here you go.....first picture is where the patio will go,. Second, and third, bricks we've salvaged from the planters, Fourth is planter we're still knocking down.
7 Likes    Bookmark   Thanked by charleee    July 5, 2013 at 6:51AM
kimdee24
Wow, STK that looks like a ton of work, but I'm sure it will be awesome when you're done. Is this the front of your house, or the back?

Good morning everyone. I am contemplating setting off the sprinklers this morning. The HOA asked us to turn them off a few weeks ago when we had all that rain, but we've been pretty dry for a while now, and my grass is brown after the landscapers cut it short last time. They are set up to water every other day, which I think is too often (especially given my last utility bill). I will have to give the manual a good read and figure out how to change this...

@Robin -- Makes me crazy having to get up early for vehicle service. a) I don't do early and 2) why can't I make an appt and have my truck back at a reasonable time? Seems I make an appt and then I am still without my vehicle for most of the day. My truck is calling for "A16" service this time, whatever that means... but I think it's more than just an oil change this time around.

Ah hah... A16 service = Oil change + tire rotation + rear diff fluid replacement. Well they don't' need to rotate the tires, since I just took the winter tires off two months ago. How long COULD this take? LOL
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 6:54AM
S. Thomas Kutch
The last 2 pictures are of the front porch. We're ready to start forming up the new steps that will wrap around the porch it self on the left side and will turn back to the house on the right side........the porch itself and the treads of the steps will end up being acid washed stained..... the risers will be solid salvaged brick faced..... will cap the porch and the existing treads with the new concrete pouring of the step extensions to bring the treads and risers into code compliance......will post pictures of the form work and the pouring when we do it.
7 Likes    Bookmark   Thanked by charleee    July 5, 2013 at 6:57AM
kimdee24
That will look great!
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 7:02AM
S. Thomas Kutch
Kimdee, this is the front entry way.....the 4x4 is new, when we pulled out the old wrought iron corner post, we found that the roof it was supposed to be supporting wasn't being supported.......there was at leas a 6" gap between the top of the wrought iron post and the structure of the cantilevered corner of the roof overhang. The 4x4 now supports the over hang and will be boxed out once we get the concrete work done.........if it's not one thing it's another you find when you're doing renovation work.... we still have to replace the front door and the double windows (last ones) just to the left of the door (you can just see the corner of them on the left of the picture).......once that's done, we can finish the exterior finishes.....painting the wire raked orangish brick (a warm brownish green color) and the trim will be a cream off white.......well that's the color scheme now, it could change again.....who knows.
5 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 7:07AM
S. Thomas Kutch
Astraea, try resetting your cable modem.....there's a little button on the back, (use a ball point pen to press it), hold it for about 10 -20 seconds......this will reset the modem and then it will issue new IP addresses to the nodes connected to it.........sometimes if you've had a power outage or something, a static IP address will get hung up in the modem registry or get corrupted.....clearing it usually will let it re-register the good address when called up.......
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 7:13AM
kimdee24
I love brick houses... don't see that a lot up here, certainly not in new construction anyhow. Yes, it seems you start doing one thing and the project snowballs into other things that need attention.... the law of renovation land I guess!

Figured out how to start the sprinklers manually, now if I can just figure out how to change the program. I think a deep watering once a week is better than every other day. And certainly easier on the pocketbook.
3 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 7:15AM
DIAspoton
those colors sound just right. perfect backdrop for most every color of plant so it will make landscape choices easy.
4 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 7:17AM
DIAspoton
KD you're right. a once a week deep water encourages a deeper, stronger root system. light waterings make the roots want to stay near the surface. it's especially bad to do light watering on large trees.
3 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 7:20AM
armygirl1987
Morning all, well I took yesterday as my rest and recuperate day so today is gardening day. It has been raining so this should be fun. STK-it will look gorgeous when you are done and especially with those colors. My issue is that supposedly houzz is scripts a running long. I just cleaned out my history and cache, it is still doing it. This just started a few days ago. Michele-I understand and trust me it is frustrating. Last night was not so bad, guess I am use to it but my poor dog was going to die. I have her wrapped up like a new born baby.
3 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 7:24AM
kimdee24
Agreed, DIAspoton... I think I will change the cycle to once a week, on Tuesday morning (at 2am), since they come and cut the grass every Monday. The current set up has the front zones watering for 15 minutes, and the back zones for 25 minutes.
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 7:25AM
DIAspoton
angela, ahve you tried a thundershirt on your pupster? i've heard mixed results.
3 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 7:37AM
kimdee24
I have a friend in Michigan and she said the fireworks were so bad that it was like a war zone around her house. Her hubby has PTSD from his missions in Afghanistan, and her dog was losing her mind. Here, fireworks are legal, but you need a permit to purchase them and set them off, and there are very strict rules about where and when you can set them off. I hear it's not always easy to get a permit either. There is always a big display downtown, and many of the community leagues will set off smaller displays in neighbourhood parks (permitted, I'm sure). But thankfully, we don't have random citizens shooting off fireworks willy nilly. My dog would lose her poor little mind.
4 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 7:41AM
armygirl1987
DIA - no
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 8:17AM
Jayme H.
Good Morning...My youngest baby is 8 years old today! Good thing I have my grandchildren, so I should never be out of little ones until I am done for...My second grandbaby is coming next month, so will now have 2 granddaughters!
-STK...those colors will be delicious!! Your project sounds like it's going to be awesome!
-No internet issues here, sorry for u guys....it can be a feeling of desperation to not be able to see what's going on here
-Gonna get HOT again here today..sticky right now
Plans to cook out and do a birthday party for Jay Bird
@kimdee...I don't blame u for thinking about watering once a week! Cutting the grass too short definitely can fry the grass, big time!
-Fireworks went off till after 12 here as well. They are legal in ND, but not supposed to let them off in town, everyone does anyway.
3 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 8:18AM
mpoulsom
STK....is that a small cat or kitten with no ears sitting to the left of the front door on the porch?
1 Like    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 8:31AM
mpoulsom
Have any of you guys seen this? one of my friends just emailed this to me....wow

Dear friends and neighbors,

Please take time to watch this video and see what I saw. If this does
not make you mad, I'm concerned about you. People work hard for their
money and this is defrauding our government and the government is
letting it happen.

If this makes you mad, call your Congressman and your senators to let
them know that something must be done about this. Money does not grow
on trees and this type of dishonesty cannot continue. Snopes.com
verifies some of this....but like other things our government is
doing; the light of day may just make a difference in this situation.

Rick Laughridge

http://videos2view.net/tax-fraud.htm
1 Like    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 8:43AM
astraea
MP - I get stuff like that all the time, from one of my cousins. Sometimes I check it out, and other times it's just too depressing to even bother! How is your weather? It's hot today; not too humid .. but really uncomfortable anyway.
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 9:09AM
mpoulsom
it's mugsville here today! Not temperature hot, just extremely humid! It rained and rained and rained and rained yesterday...supposed to continue here today off and on. Just cloudy so far, but it will come. I got out yesterday morning in between storms and mowed the front lawn quickly. Got a little wet at the end, but glad I did it when I did. It was crazy all afternoon. Didn't see any fireworks really except on the tube. I did see some red glare coming from down the street last night though. And some flashes of light and noise. I was very boring on my Happy Birthday America Day! J said he walked down to the beach at Point Pleasant last night to watch that show. Said there was a crowd indeed!
In SC fireworks are legal. There are stands on the sides of the road everywhere almost all year long. I love them, but it's kind of hard lighting them and running away and enjoying them to the max when you are alone. So I opted out of doing them myself last night.
Worked on my fake stained glass piece yesterday too. Good experiment for me to do. Learned a few things. It looks decent, but I'm not thrilled beyond belief, if you know what i mean. Always like to learn new things though.
5 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 9:23AM
armygirl1987
Well it is raining here, was able to get my walk in but do not think that the yard work will get done today.
3 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 9:29AM
armygirl1987
Hi MP
4 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 9:30AM
Robin W
It's only 10:30 here and I'm ready for a nap. I have my nephews here all day (6&8 - both have cystic fibrosis) so I'm trying to figure out what to do to keep them entertained today. DD will probably take them to the park after lunch, but otherwise I'm at a loss.

Ps. I think it's houzz servers that are delaying. Nothing else is slow on my end.
4 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 9:33AM
mefor
Never realized how much I like to be on here, until I can't get on here. The few times I can actually get in, most times still won't let me post. Poo!!
3 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 9:42AM
mefor
Angela, did you see post in bedroom thread?
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 9:42AM
mefor
Hey hey MP!!
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 9:43AM
armygirl1987
Michele, yes I did and I am responding to Linda now. I had another guy come today to give me an estimate. We will see what he comes up with.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 9:49AM
mpoulsom
hey hey ang, rob, mforr! I know y'all didn't miss me, so don't act like you did! lol!
3 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 9:51AM
mefor
Okily dokily angela
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 9:52AM
mpoulsom
i actually had to work non-stop the last 2 days of work and then yesterday had no internet, so I couldn't check in with my houzz posse at all! I really have missed you guys for sure.
6 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 9:52AM
mefor
Sorry you had lonely 4th, when's the j'ster coming back from nj?
3 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 9:53AM
armygirl1987
I missssssed you..But Michele makes up for it. She ma right hand and left and two feet.
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 9:54AM
mefor
I'm definitely your two left feet!!!! ;)
5 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 9:55AM
I was wondering why I couldn't open my houzz e-mails. Everything else is copacetic.

Walked, had my ice coffee, checked on the cottage, spied on someone's beautiful back yard reno. Hot, 90*, DD and Cutie Pie are power washing the deck.

Just one of those nothing kind of days.

Check in later to see what you guys are up to.
5 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 10:10AM
mefor
Anyone like ska?
    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 10:17AM
armygirl1987
The dance right
1 Like    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 10:30AM
astraea
If you're having trouble accessing Houzz with Internet Explorer, try Google Chrome .. that's the only way I can get in & post, since late yesterday!
    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 10:37AM
mpoulsom
I like ska....don't listen to it much, but like it!
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 10:44AM
mpoulsom
boy, you can sure tell that i cam not a "crafty" person! I bought some plastic beads to string on some plastic craft lace and the craft lace is too big for the holes in the beads! I am making fancy streamers for my handlebars for the beach cruiser bike! :) Now I have to go to hobby wobby and buy the right string on my break! :(

mforr, I wasn't lonely at all. Never am really. But thanks for thinking of me. J should be coming back this coming week sometime. We have tickets to see the Black Keys this coming friday! Cannot wait! So, he'll have to come back by then, at least for a break from working. I think Paul has list a mile long for him to do still. But we'll see.

Judyg, I wish I was with you right now. Sounds like an awesome day! I could go puttering around with you for sure, doing nothing, but something all at the same time!
4 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 10:48AM
armygirl1987
It seems to be back up now, no more long running script.
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 10:53AM
mefor
I'm going to see the specials at the stone pony in a few weeks. Reliving my 80's.
    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 11:33AM
Robin W
Ah semi quiet. Dd just took the boys to the park. Now, if I could just convince the construction guys o take lunch, it would be wonderful.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 11:35AM
mefor
I saw them with the English beat opening for sting back in the early 90's. one of the only people in the Garden who knew who they were.
    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 11:35AM
mefor
Music and dance I guess.
    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 11:41AM
mpoulsom
well the Flaming Lips are opening for the Black Keys, whom I've never seen in concert either....but the Black Keys were on my concert bucket list. I've seen almost everyone at least once that I want to see musically. So i can now strike the Black Keys off! yay!
This is an outdoor venue, which in the middle of the summer in southeast is not my ideal environment, BUT, if it doesn't rain and stays in the 80's like it has been, then we are good to go! Even if it DOES rain, I'll be out there in a poncho dancing in the mud! :)
1 Like    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 12:30PM
mpoulsom
When I think back, it's amazing how many concerts I've gone to alone. And it never mattered to me! Because that is the one place you can always go where you have something in common with everyone around you! They all love the same musician or music you are witnessing! I've met some very cool people at concerts!
1 Like    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 12:34PM
Jayme H.
Just made some pasta salad with small pasta shells, Italian dressing, genoa salami pieces, shredded cheese, diced green olives with blue cheese stuffed inside...tasty!
Daughter Kaylie & Grand. baby girls just left after stopping by for Jay's birthday.
Kids have been in & out of pool all day..still muggy and hot here.
Hey MP, Mforr, Judyg, Angela, Robin!!
    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 12:36PM
mpoulsom
where's bob? Did she get her AC fixed yet?
1 Like    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 12:37PM
mpoulsom
hey jayme! happy birthday to jay!

i made something with my first batch of figs and it turned out well.....but I will not be making them again, because I ate them all! lol! took a pic for you guys, but no internet at home right now. I'll share later though.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 12:39PM
mefor
I've only been to one real concert alone, moody blues at the theater at Madison square garden. It was still fun even though I was by myself. Sometimes used to go see these two guys play in Central Park if I stayed in city over a summer weekend, usually left city to get to beach.
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 12:41PM
mefor
What did you make with the figs?
    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 12:42PM
MP, I'm here! Just don't have anything much to say today. We're going to a REAL fabric store so I can get what I need to make the table runners. We're going to take the 'new' car on the freeway for the first time. Nothing like the smell of a new car payment!

Jayme, what time is dinner? I love all the food you put in your pasta salad, especially blue cheese.
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 12:48PM
mefor
Love to get Gorgonzola stuffed olives and balsamic onions, yum!!
3 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 12:50PM
mefor
Here's the view for now, screen porch, three big hollies shading it.
6 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 1:10PM
armygirl1987
I just finish outside, pruning, fertilizing and pesticiding (if that is a word). I also clean out the side of the shed, going to see if I can make it an dig area for the dogs. They are damaging the front of the patio of my house, they dig the dirt gets on the tile, the are is being overrun with weed. I cannot keep up, the current grass guy do not do weeding.
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 1:24PM
Linda
I was going to post a picture but my phone isn't cooperating...maybe that's the remnants of the other problems you all were having yesterday. I finally have a couple daylilies out which aren't the plain ordinary ones...finally! These are red with yellow; the first of my more interesting ones

The neighbor is having her garden worked on. I can hear them using the hedge trimmers and I don't know what else they're doing. She had a lot of work done about three weeks ago and I was disgusted because they mowed all the plants in the parkway (city property) from my far tree to her driveway. Granted, I didn't have anything really planted there...just some black eyed susans, purple coneflower and yarrow which hadn't bloomed yet. I wouldn't have minded if she had replaced it with anything...new plants, mulch, groundcover, anything but mowing it down and leaving the bare ground.

The side of her garage is only two feet from my lot line so much of the landscaping which looks like it belongs to her house is actually on my side of the property line. Years ago, a landscape architect redid that house and he asked our permission to plant some bushes on our side of the line to screen his backyard and also to put in a hedge and hydrangea bushes under our blue spruce tree. That was great for us...expensive landscaping that didn't cost me anything and great for him as it made his house look much more balanced.

I wouldn't really have an issue with the work if the neighbor had bothered to actually approach me first. I have plenty of work to do on my gardening and her house really benefits more from that space than I do. This is the same lady who had the nerve to ask my business partner what I was planning to do with my fence...the fence posts are rotting and her dog jumping on the fence made it lean over quite a bit into my yard. As far as I'm concerned, she can fix the fence if she chooses or I'll remove it. Previous owners of her house put it in about 15 years ago and since we don't have young children or dogs, we don't need a fence.
3 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 1:25PM
armygirl1987
I also clear out but I need mulch and I want to get the dark one, so a trip to Walmart to finish it up tomorrow.
    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 1:27PM
armygirl1987
My poor tomato plant is dead.
3 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 1:28PM
mpoulsom
bobbi...you got a new car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fun! I'm sure it has AC, even if the house doesn't! Just ride around all day! lol!
A real fabric store...oh my stars! You should probably start a table runner biz from home! I'm serious! Easy to make, easy to ship! There's your etsy page!!!!! with napkins to match!!
4 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 1:48PM
mpoulsom
oh ang, i'm so sorry! I hope mine doesn't get blown out of the ground today! All of a sudden it looks like the wizard of oz, opening scene, outside! Big thunderstorm a brewin!

mforr, love the porch view! beautiful!
4 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 1:50PM
armygirl1987
Mp-I pruned it and fertilize it and will see what will happen. I should have gotten a bigger cage a while back and I neglected it but. The More that I do this the more that I learn. the cage I got today was not good so now I have to take it back which is fine, gonna order a stronger one from Amazon.
    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 1:53PM
mefor
Thanks mp!!
1 Like    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 1:54PM
mpoulsom
whoever asked...I made fig turnovers basically. Had those pastry squares that are 5"x5". So I made something with whatever I had in the frig. Didn't want to go to the store. I would have added some goat cheese or brie or something if I had had it!
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 1:54PM
mpoulsom
well baby....don't OVER fertilize it.
Do you think the dogs peed on it or something? Everything else around it looks healthy!
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 1:55PM
armygirl1987
Nah-the garden is completely closed of.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 1:57PM
armygirl1987
I just think that it had nowhere to go so it was just hanging on the sides and on the ground.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 1:58PM
mefor
Good job, mp. Some times the best recipes are the ones you just toss up in the air and see what comes down !! :)
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 1:58PM
mpoulsom
boo mappin's 4th of July outfit! (first pics)

then boo mappin's "Florida Keys Hooker Gal get up" LOL! (just kidding...kind of)

She looks adorable no matter what she's in! I'm not sure who's been coaching her with these model stances however. I swear it's not me!
4 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 2:08PM
Jayme H.
There is this guy on Dr. Phil who has PhD in psychology..and he calls his wife "Fat As.....", because he says she is "lazy" and "overweight". She does appear overweight, and he appears stupid as well as unattractive, & not necessarily physically fit himself. I hope she loses 100# (for her own health, if she chooses to), divorces him, and gets herself someone worth her time.
4 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 2:12PM
Jayme H.
Geez, I am mouthy today.
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 2:13PM
mefor
Good, jayme!! Stupid ass, who the heck is he to call her out on tv. Of course, if she is and agrees with him, then, ya gets what ya deserves!! Haha, who's mouthy now?!!! Keep up the outrage jayme, makes you human:)
4 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 2:17PM
mpoulsom
What a jerk!
I kinda miss Dr. Phil...he used to be part of my morning routine because he came on at 9am...they switched him to 4pm now and I never see it. I think it may be all reruns now though.

I did finally catch another episode of Masterchef the other night. I LOVE that show! I would so suck on that show, even though I'm a decent cook. I think Kimdee watches it, but not sure if anyone else does? Did anybody see that pig's head they had to deal with? I'm sure I would have been booted out on that challenge. yikes!
3 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 2:20PM
mpoulsom
baby iguana Mal found in the yard. Pretty cute! :)
6 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 2:23PM
mpoulsom
I like this
7 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 2:26PM
armygirl1987
Mp-we need to meet cause that is the kind of friends that I need.
4 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 2:34PM
armygirl1987
I think ma bananas are coming in and lawd a mercy I might get a mango. Mp-here is the area for vegetable garden. I have ma newspaper down but need the mulch. That area is my trouble area in front of and to the side of the shed in the back yard. I am trying to hold out till school break to get it done.
3 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 2:38PM
Jayme H.
@MP...sounds like me!! Ha ha!...too dang funny!!
Here is the little King on his B-Day...enjoying the weather on one of his birthday floaties...And one of him and his Daddy when he was pretty fresh..only a week or so old..Sorry I am showing more family stuff..I get so nostalgic on birthdays and holidays!!
4 Likes    Bookmark   Thanked by charleee    July 5, 2013 at 2:53PM
armygirl1987
He is a cutie Jayme, that's your baby girl. Meant, girl that is your baby you can show him as much as you want.
3 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 2:56PM
mpoulsom
look how precious! they grow up way too fast!

angela, mango is my fave fruit!
Linda
Angela - everything else looks healthy, even if your tomato plant took a dive. I finally got around to staking my tomato plants this week. I had put in a couple of small stakes when I planted them 6 weeks ago but hadn't done anything else until this week.

Traditional tomato cages are too wimpy for most plants. I did get some folding cages from a neighbor that worked pretty well because you could put them on after the plant had some growth. I usually end up staking mine rather than using cages as you can get bigger stakes if necessary. Electrical conduit makes really sturdy stakes and pretty cheap at $2 per 10 foot piece. Just cut it with a hacksaw. If you have trouble getting it into the ground, use a heavy hammer or flatten the end to make it go in easier. Or, get your electrician to bend you a giant U shape from one piece and just put that into the ground,
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 2:56PM
Jayme H.
MP...Boo is soooo precious...a born model!
3 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 2:57PM
mpoulsom
Ang I should have told Mal & Beau to stop by your house today for lunch or something! Didn't even think about it. You could have met Boo Mappin! They were packing up this morning to head north. Headed towards Flagler beach next to visit with friends and spend the day tomorrow with them!
1 Like    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 2:58PM
Linda
Jayme - isn't it amazing how fast they grow? My youngest (19) just got brave and took the train down to Champaign to see a college friend for a long weekend. He's subleasing a house for the summer and she's bored up here. For a child who has been travelling internationally since she was less than a year old, she is rather timid about striking out on her own. At that age, I wouldn't have been caught dead staying home if there was any place else to go. Plus, she's got a phone and her brother has an apartment down there if anything goes wrong.

I'm just happy to see her doing something interesting although the house is going to feel rather quiet next week as my hubby is headed to Hartford CT for the week and it will just be me.
4 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 3:04PM
mpoulsom
She is amazing Jayme.....but I love her candid shots! Malorie likes to dress her up like a doll and then take pics! hahaha! Most of THOSE pics are fake smiles. I love her in her natural state. Don't get me wrong. It's hard NOT to dress her up like a doll. I walk through the stores and see a million dresses that I want to buy for her, because I know how cute she would look in them. It just gets ridiculous after a while. I have to really put blinders on. It's easier if she's with me. She is very picky about what she likes. Or she'll say, "GG, I don't really need that. I have a lot of dresses already." Mal orders all of these super cute things online and she doesn't have a choice. When she's at my house, it's usually grubbies (a T-shirt to paint in, or a bathing suit or something she can play in and get dirty).
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 3:05PM
Linda
Boo is such a cute nickname - when my daughter was that age, one of her nicknames was "Bounce" because she just wouldn't stop. She didn't stop talking either so we also called her "Chatty Cathy"
4 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 3:07PM
Jayme H.
My grandbaby's nick name is Kenna Banana...or just banana. She is a dollie too...today she was here swimming and got sassy & when I verbally redirected her, she got ticked & refused to kiss me goodbye...She'll get over it!! Ha ha..they like to push limits and run the show if possible. She takes after her mother and grandmother!!!
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 3:14PM
mpoulsom
I like Bounce, Linda..that is awesome! That should have been Boo's nickname. She's non-stop too. Wears this granny out sometimes!

One of my boss's daughters name is Savannah...and I've called her Banana since she was 3. She is now 16, almost 17 and Istill call her that! She will always be banana to me.
3 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 3:17PM
armygirl1987
Thanks Linda-that is what I think that it is. I just order a strong one from Amazon today,
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 3:18PM
Jayme H.
Soon I will be in the pool, I am being inundated with demands from Mr. Birthday Boy...Have not been in yet..it is sooo nice and warm now so it should be delightful!
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 3:19PM
mpoulsom
I'm not a huge fan of the big bows in the head, but malorie is stuck on it. I'm more of a hat person! Boo mappin looks great in all hats it seems.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 3:20PM
armygirl1987
MP-but the way granny talks about that Boo. Nutten but love...
3 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 3:22PM
armygirl1987
Well, I am of to the movies to go see-Sandra Bullock and Melissa Mccarthy's new movie-The Heat- So I sent the aunt and copy the ex a nice little note that I refuse to loose my mind because of them. I would rather not be friends with her if it will cause me pain. She text back some bs. I am done playing nice. December 5th is my graduation and I will not loose focus or have a setback. Love is still here but not stupidity. He lost me because of his stupidity and that is that. Have a good evening all, check in later.
6 Likes    Bookmark   Thanked by charleee    July 5, 2013 at 3:26PM
astraea
Angela - I should have a banana tree, I eat so many of them in my smoothies! :) Wouldn't it be nice to have one in a big pot in my great room .. I have the headroom at least! :)
3 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 3:26PM
mpoulsom
It would be beautiful in there astraea!
1 Like    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 3:37PM
mpoulsom
guys I'm not going to be on here much longer. About to leave worky. If any of the other olld gang members appear later...tell them howdy for moi!

I keep thinking it's Monday! good grief! one holiday in the middle of the week and I'm all screwed up again!

Angela, can't wait to hear if movie is good! Don't tell me anything ABOUT the movie....just if it's good and as funny as it looks!
3 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 3:43PM
armygirl1987
You should Astraea, can you make it an indoor plant.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 3:47PM
astraea
How big do they get .. and how long before they start having bananas?
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 3:48PM
armygirl1987
Astraea-do not think you can do it indoor. http://www.tropicalpermaculture.com/growing-bananas.html
1 Like    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 3:52PM
Hi gang! Sometimes I wonder what the heck I'm doing on this forum, I hate to cook and garden! Why do you guys put up with me???

MP, Boo Mappin gets cuter everytime we see her. Not a new car, just 'new-to-us' car.

Jayme, love your Little King! Both pics, so cute!

Angela, you tell 'em! I hope you enjoy the movie, that sounds good to me.

Astraea, love your living room! Man you keep a clean house.

STK, did you REALLY get yourself a camera? You go!
3 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 5:13PM
mefor
Bobbi, one on over to Angela's bedroom help thread and look at wood look tile with the non cooking, non gardening peeps :)
1 Like    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 5:15PM
Linda
Hubby and I went out for Friday fish fry. We like to go out for fish every couple months and there's a local bar which is good that we've visited a few times. So, when we got there the place was closed...sign in the window was "closed for vacation from June 29 to July 8. Bummer! We went to Chili's instead but I didn't think the food was all that wonderful there tonight. I guess I just had my mind set on fish fry.

We haven't had great luck with our trying different places for fish fry. We had heard lots of good things about a local Eagles club and we finally decided to go there. So, I looked at the website to get the directions and the hours and there was a notice that the catering company was no longer doing the fish fry as of whatever date it was that we had chosen to go there. Instead we went to another local club which opens to the public only on Fridays and that place had signs up asking for patience as they had changed over to a new menu. The food was decent there, but the service wasn't particularly good.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 5:34PM
Linda
Bobbi - did you get the AC sorted?
1 Like    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 5:37PM
kimdee24
deleted...
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 5:38PM
olldcan
yahoo, the screen finally looks normal again, houzz server seems to be responding, feeling like I actually might be able to post today...am I getting luck????

Just in case I can only do one post,
Bobbi, congrats on the new ride, shall a grab a few more shares in Starbucks??? small steps and keep in mind there's the possibility of picking up that butcher block at the border :)
3 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 5:47PM
mefor
Hi Candace, you're coming thru loud and clear. Thank goodness, it seems to be back in order:)
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 5:51PM
olldcan
kimdee, Her problem is the pain in her ass, she's just wanting to share hahaha. Maybe she has a liquid lunch on Fridays.
3 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 5:51PM
Linda
Kimdee - sounds to me like she is jealous of anyone who has a life outside of work
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 5:55PM
olldcan
Linda, Fish Fry Fridays... what a great name. We treat ourselves once every 6 months to fish and chips. There's only one restaurant close to me, that I think actually does a decent job of fish and chips. Hot, greasy, salty, vinegary, delicious :)
If you wan't to experience the worse service ever, come to Alberta. Chili's here is a total nightmare. The Keg...don't know if you have that one but what a joke. Basically in Alberta, unless your dishing out in big buck restaurants, the servers will give you a side dish of attitude. Horrible to say but most of what you come across in terms of service is just awful.
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 6:00PM
Candace, I'm halfway there for the butcher block! What did you decide to do with it (after I'm done with it, that is!)

Linda, no, the A/C problem is still not resolved and I don't know what to do. They are not responding in any way. I guess I'll have to hire a lawyer if I want them to make good on the contract :(( Thanks for asking!
3 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 6:04PM
olldcan
Bobbi, I have been cleaning it up and I'm going to use it at the lake. I'm going to show each of the "assigned designers" to come up with a creative idea on how to use it.....and then probably have 2 sets of legs made. One tall set to use it a intended and a short ball foot to use it as a coffee table...unless anyone can think of something else. I'm too damn scared to cut it in half to use as table legs, with a huge sheet of glass.....but I luv luv luv that idea.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 6:10PM
Candace, cutting it in half would be really scary, I wouldn't have the courage myself! Post it as a dilemma, maybe you'll get a new great idea?

I have a question for everyone - why does it take four hours to buy a car? I know there's no answer to it, but good grief! Are car salesman really that bored????
1 Like    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 6:19PM
Linda
Candace - Friday fish fry is somewhat of a regional tradition. I don't know how far it goes, but it is common in the Chicago area and especially in Wisconsin. Bars and restaurants serve it year round while many churches and fraternal organizations do it only during Lent as a fundraiser. We rarely go out of Fridays as my hubby travels quite a bit so he usually prefers to just stay home when he gets back from a trip. But, he's been home all week and didn't work yesterday or today, so seemed like a good chance to go out to a fish fry

Service here is usually pretty good. One particular local restaurant has a reputation for poor service and we haven't been back despite the good food.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 6:31PM
We had fish Friday's when I was in NJ but I don't remember if it was fried or not. Probably not, my mother never fried anything.
    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 6:34PM
Robin W
Candace - there's a place near downtown that my coworkers rave about. Darned if I can remember the name... but it's on 104ave and about 116st. I don't eat fish so I have no idea if its any good or not, but everyone says its the best...
1 Like    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 6:51PM
kimdee24
Brits Fish & Chips?
1 Like    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 6:59PM
Linda
Kimdee - The fish at the fish fry places is usually as good as British fish, but haven't yet found any place that really serves good "chips"

When I was in elementary school, the head cook was Catholic so the whole school did meatless Fridays. One week was mac and cheese, the next was fish fingers
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 7:06PM
armygirl1987
Well-I laughed my a... off. Movie was funny that is if you like comedies.
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 7:51PM
nasmijati
@David of Ironwood Builders. I am still keeping you close in my thoughts and sending healing energy.
Auntie Eztia
3 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 8:05PM
kimdee24
^ Me too, Eztia... every day.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 8:11PM
Jayme H.
Bobbi..that is such BS...Send those sacks of shi.... a certified letter in re: if you don't get satisfaction within ...blah blah of a date..You will proceed with legal action. Bast ar ds!
-Olldcann...I busted out laughing from your response to Kimdee! So very true!
-There are huge and ugly catfish caught in our river here..I have yet to ever try it....walleye, northern, any whitefish, I do enjoy/usually broiled.
-Birthday party went well...Jay is having a friend sleep over..all of calm, serene...
Had to snoop on here and make sure I didn't miss anything..LOL!!
1 Like    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 8:14PM
Jayme H.
And I am very very worried and concerned about dearest David...He is such a gem!!! Thanks Eztia, for always following up.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 8:15PM
kimdee24
I do not like catfish. Not a bit. They taste like dirt...
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 8:23PM
Jayme H.
@Kimdee..they r in muddy waters and I think they do hang out in the mud..Have u ever seen those shows where they dig in the mud and grab catfish with their hands? So weird, yet amusing.

And that client sounds like a piece of work...demanding and obnoxious to boot! If she is not worth any $ I would fire her as a client to be done with the madness.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 8:25PM
armygirl1987
I love catfish Kimdee
    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 8:26PM
kimdee24
I have a few British friends, and their take on Fish & Chips is funny sometimes! They went to a local restaurant and ordered the fish & chips, but the chips were cold. So they sent them back. But the server only took back the chips. And brought another cold batch to replace them. By the third time, they told her that they had ordered FISH & CHIPS... not FISH.......... and chips.

Well, it's funnier in their British accents...
1 Like    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 8:27PM
olldroo
Hi all, so glad to be able to get on board without hassles today. Definitely had withdrawal symptoms yesterday, how does one fill a day without a bit of Houzz????

Kutchie, thanks for the photos at long last. You are doing a great job there - and so neat with it too. I love the shabby chic look of your present front door, can't believe you are going to change it. Hope you can find something artistic to do with it - bet mp would have a ton of ideas. Now we just have to see some of your artwork.

Kd - you will have to come visit here sometime - all our homes are pretty much brick. Of course we don't have to contend with regular earthquakes or anything so brick is the #1 choice because of no maintenance. In some areas there is a lot of weatherboard on older homes as it was much cheaper to build but of course maintenance is the issue there. I do love the dolls house cuteness of many of them though, especially when they are in pristine condition.

All the talk of gardening is making me itchy to get back into mine but it is still way too wet from last month's rain and will probably take weeks to dry out.

mp - love Boo Mappin's 4th outfit. It reminds me of some sun suits I made my joeys when they were little. Miss 7 had a special outfit for the 4th every year till she was 5, complete with fancy headpiece. I just love how you can buy those sort of things so cheaply. Come Halloween she usually has about a week's supply of clothes to wear.

Now y'all have me hanging for some fish and chips.
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 8:29PM
armygirl1987
Hi-Roo and Kimdee-if it isn't bringing you happiness, time to get rid of it...
1 Like    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 8:35PM
olldroo
Good grief, there is no way I would accept cold chips anywhere. Our fish and chip shops are getting fewer and fewer, once every suburb had one and the Friday evening queue went blocks down the street so it is getting harder and harder to get a good feed. When I really yearn for some chips I usually end up at Maccas, their's has to be the best, hot and crispy on the outside and when I get fish anywhere it has to be done in beer batter. It used to be mandatory in England to eat fish and chips out of newspaper too, didn't taste the same otherwise. We use white butcher's paper now and it still tastes special straight from the pack.

Talking accents too, here the big joke is the Kiwis - we give each other a hard time - they pronounce words with an "i" quite differently so it comes out as Fush and Chups.
    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 8:38PM
olldroo
Angela ????
    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 8:40PM
Jayme H.
@kimdee....She prob. knows how far she can push you, and keeps doing so....Have u ever shut her down? After 10 years, u obviously HAVE been doing your job, so it must be she is literally just a big pain in the arse. Sounds like a control freak.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 8:40PM
olldroo
Ooops, maybe I misread that, hi to me and the happiness bit to KD.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 8:41PM
Robin W
@kimdee - There's always one in the crowd... The question is can you live with the devil you know or do you risk the one you don't. Because if you end that relationship, Murphy's law states there will be another to replace her...
1 Like    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 8:42PM
armygirl1987
They have Fish Fry's around here a lot. Fish is one of my favorite meat. Think I am going to go to bed, they still doing fireworks and poor Bella is scared again.
    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 8:42PM
armygirl1987
Yes Roo-hi to you...
armygirl1987
Jayme-I wonder if my shut her down is different than yours.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 8:43PM
Robin W
Or is that someone else's law? I don't even know anymore. In medicine there's so many different laws... It's hard to keep track.
Robin W
Ok. Going to bed. Back to work in the morning. Boo.

Four days off goes by way too quickly.
    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 8:49PM
Jayme H.
It seems like passive aggressive types push until they r confronted..then they often cry or wilt or retreat....
Just read last comment Kimdee....she sounds needy. Those types just keep sucking the life out of u the more u do.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 8:51PM
Robin W
Good luck!
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 8:56PM
armygirl1987
Night Robin
    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 9:00PM
kimdee24
roo -- (edited)

I will take your advice and do exactly that. And me too.... just my luck. I'll delete these before I hit the sack.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 9:05PM
Jayme H.
@roo..exactly!!
    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 9:13PM
olldroo
Well if she doesn't understand that and respect your good business practices, I'm sorry to say she is an idiot!!! Who in their right mind these days does NOT put everything in writing - it is in her best interests too.

Good idea - I will delete too.
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 9:15PM
kimdee24
Well lovelies... I have a headache, and I think I am going to go to bed, have a mediation (no, a meditation, good grief, Freudian slip?) and clear out all the gunk. See you in the morning, (or evening for Ms Roo), have a great sleep filled with unicorn dreams (WTF? lol), or a good rest of your day with rainbows and puppies (omg, I really need a pain pill).

Love you all... you are the best! xoxo
3 Likes    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 9:21PM
armygirl1987
Have a good one Kimdee=feel better. I am still available.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 9:24PM
Jayme H.
@kimdee..U r hilarious!! Nighty night, sleep well
Hi Angela..
Gd night everyone, sleep well!
1 Like    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 9:46PM
armygirl1987
Jayme-you still up, trying to sleep but it probable be better if I get of here.
    Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 9:56PM
olldroo
Oh, ez, it sounds like everything is against you tonight.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 6, 2013 at 2:11AM
astraea
Kimdee – regional food is funny “in translation”. Many years ago my mom & I went on a cruise on a British line, and I ordered a “ham & cheese sandwich” for lunch. In America, that means ham & (yellow) American cheese. What I got was ham & cream cheese, and when I questioned it, the waiter said that they figured I meant cream cheese, since Philadelphia (brand) is very patriotic!

I don’t get the cold chips even in America, good & fast places here would serve them right out of the fryer .. hot.
    Bookmark   July 6, 2013 at 6:25AM
kimdee24
Astraea -- Patriotic cheese, lol!! It took me a long time to figure out what "American cheese" was! It's definitely a US term, here we just refer to it as process cheese (ie: Kraft Singles slices, though I know there are other varieties). In a restaurant, if you ask for Ham & Cheese, you'll get ham, and whatever cheese they happen to have (cheddar, swiss, etc.), sometimes they'll ask which you prefer. "American cheese" or "singles" are most likely found on fast food burgers in Canada.
    Bookmark   July 6, 2013 at 7:16AM
astraea
kimdee - exactly right .. it's "processed cheese product" .. doesn't that sound unreal & unappealing?!
    Bookmark   July 6, 2013 at 7:27AM
kimdee24
Yeah! It's not my favourite! Although, sometimes it's a good comfort food grilled cheese sandwich.
    Bookmark   July 6, 2013 at 7:35AM
olldroo
Hahaha - American cheese here is called Plastic Cheese - mostly only used in Maccas. From what dd tells me we are really spoiled with cheese choices here, so the plastic is really hard to take. .
    Bookmark   July 6, 2013 at 9:21AM
astraea
Roo - Good one; probably very appropriate. I haven't had "individually wrapped cheese product" in years. I have very little processed food in the house, and if I bother eating out I expect them to cook & use "real" ingredients as well.
    Bookmark   July 6, 2013 at 10:47AM
kimdee24
"Plastic cheese" is about the size of it. Like you, Astraea, processed foods don't live much in my house anymore.
    Bookmark   July 6, 2013 at 4:07PM
astraea
The scary thing is that some kids/adults actually like this stuff, that is so far from "the real deal"! Like all the "low fat" & "no fat" items .. check out the ingredients to see what repaced a little natural fat, to give it the same consistency .. yuck!
    Bookmark   July 6, 2013 at 4:18PM
kimdee24
I know -- when you start reading labels and seriously thinking about what you're putting into your body... it's frightening. My rule is if that I can't pronounce it and I don't know what it is, I'm not eating it.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 6, 2013 at 5:14PM
astraea
kimdee - I've gotten like that with facial & body products as well. I've developed a master list of about 400 ingredients, and cross check anything that I'm thinking of buying.
    Bookmark   July 6, 2013 at 6:28PM
olldroo
My youngest joey developed allergies, really never got to the bottom of just what she was allergic too, but there is a book here called "Break the Code" and I used to have to walk around the supermarket with it under my wing to check every number on everything I bought. At that time, the weird thing was that the generic or house brands had the least in them. I remember in particular, jam was one thing she could eat on dry rice cakes, the house brand had fruit, water, sugar, and it went up to Weight Watchers in particular that had an absolutely unbelievable list as long as your arm. Put me off Weight Watchers brand forever.

Have you ever noticed fat reduced or fat free products are quite sweet. I find this especially with skim or low fat milks and can't stand the sweetness of them. I heard one time that to get the fat out, they run it through sugar - seems it absorbs the fat, but of course sweetens the product. I figure that being the case, and everything in moderation, I can eat some sugar and follow it with fat which the sugar should then absorb. Sugar is far easier to burn so I burn the sugar up and the fat should go too. Does that sound good??? I am the queen of theories.

Another interesting thing to check is salt levels. I was looking for some stock one time and trying to decide between brands - one did a low salt option where the other brand didn't. Checked the salt levels out of curiosity and the "low salt" product had MORE salt than the standard product in the other brand. They are definitely out to get us.
    Bookmark   July 6, 2013 at 10:39PM
OLLD 7/28
Up and at it ladies...... you're burning day light....
S. Thomas Kutch
OLLD 7/27
Good morning! What projects are on your agenda for...
nasmijati
OLLD 7/3
Good morning, lovelies! It's 2:50am in Edmonton...
kimdee24
OLLD 7/19
Good morning, lovelies. I am still awake and all wound...
kimdee24
OLLD 6/7
Hurricane Andrea is coming up the east coast!!
astraea
Pool deck and outdoor kitchen pavers
We are building a pool and outdoor kitchen. The measurements...
kleglue
Hallway office
I really need help to make this look pretty, but calm....
combine
Bedroom/Bathroom Redecorate ideas Needed!
Need to paint bedroom and bathroom....want to use leopard...
maryb56
Opinion on paint colors for door
House painted Gray, with an accent walls a Blue/Gray....
shallie1951
1960s kitchen update
We just bought a house and need help with the kitchen...
rkdeiber