Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dowdowburns

Wood burning stove fireplace - ideas needed please

dowdowburns
10 years ago
Can somebody give me an idea or advice for a stove similar to the picture attached, for my living room.

I had an idea in mind to create a concrete bench for the stove, to make it more decorative.... Behind it a was gonna make a feature wall "pallet wall."

This stove is gonna be used for decorating purposing only. Thank you everyone.

Comments (20)

• groveraxle
    10 years ago
    Here are pallet walls and fireplaces. Don't know why you couldn't do it with a wood-burning stove as well.
    The Olivers House · More Info

Vail Mountain Bachelor Condo · More Info

Max · More Info
    dowdowburns thanked groveraxle
  • dowdowburns
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I already have a wood burning stove.... Now what I need is a little help how can I create a good decoration with it. I had in mind the wood pallet wall and the stove on some kind of concrete bench with logs storage..... I need some ideas please. Thank you everyone
  • dowdowburns
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Some ideas similar to this.... But with a concrete bench so I can place the fire stove on it.
  • groveraxle
    10 years ago
    dowdow, it seems like you have your idea already. How about a picture of the wall and the stove so we can help you more.
  • dowdowburns
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thank you for your reply. I am very confused. I have these similar photos to what I have.
  • dowdowburns
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    has anyone got any ideas please?
  • Kathy
    10 years ago
    I hope you don't plan on lighting that stove next to a wood wall?
  • dowdowburns
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    that why I've said it is for decorative purpose only :) Any personal ideas please?
  • Jayme H.
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    I had my husband build a mantle/surrounds on the wall behind our electric stove. I placed marble tiles under the stove...However, I plan to set the tiles into something so it's solid.
    dowdowburns thanked Jayme H.
  • groveraxle
    10 years ago
    I am confused, dowdowburns. You seem to know what you want, so I don't really know what you want from designers, especially since you've given us no pictures of the actual room.

You could buy a bench or have one fabricated, set it in front of your pallet wall and put your stove on it. Here's a cool modern bench:
    Bench · More Info

Alternatively, you could frame out a bench and stucco it to look like concrete and stick your stove on top.

If you want a complete design, you need to hire a designer or design/build firm. Or you could take the picture you posted earlier and modify it so the stove goes in place of the fireplace and the back wall is paneled with pallet wood.
    dowdowburns thanked groveraxle
  • ruthmand
    10 years ago
    If you do not plan to light a fire in your wood stove you can probably do just about anything you want with it. You won't even need a chimney. You can set it on a plastic bench for that matter. What are we missing here?
  • emmkay
    10 years ago
    If it isn't ever lit won't it just be a black lump in your room collecting dust? I'm desperate to get a wood stove into my new house but I want it for the flames, the colour and the heat
  • Nancy Walton
    10 years ago
    The problem I see is that you have this woodburning stove you say you will never use, yet you are planning for wood storage and setting it on concrete. Why take valuable floor space for something so bulky? I wouldn't put the stove in the room at all, just do the pallet wall, since that seems to be what you really want.
  • Kathy
    10 years ago
    Putting a wood stove next to a wood wall doesn't make any sense at all. It is not code and will look out of place. Don't do it. Just put up a pallet wall and forget the stove.
  • dowdowburns
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Something like this.... But as I didn't make anything yet, I still welcome different ideas :)
  • Nancy Walton
    10 years ago
    Why do you want to use a woodstove for decoration?
  • dowdowburns
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Because I like it.

Where I live I really don't have the need of heating my house.

And still searching for ideas....
  • Nancy Walton
    10 years ago
    OK, that is reason enough, I guess. I took a look at your ideabook, and I can see the esthetic you're going for. I would do stacked stone instead of the pallet wall, however, like in that one picture you have in your ideabook. You don't have to do the pony walls, just leave it open...
  • Nancy Walton
    10 years ago
    I have a pellet stove (working) that I did that for, and I love it.