Back Deck Colors
Jessica McArthur
Yes, the deck is in bad shape and I am about to use the Deck Restore product to cover it, in the color Brownstone is what I have chosen. But I think I want to paint the risers, ie the vertical parts another color. The idea of doing the risers another color would help all the levels and steps stand out, but I am worried about introducing another color as I am trying to not match the house, but instead coordinate. But if that is the case I would have 5 colors going. The house is a yellow with a cream trim and sage green accents (previous home owners color choices, which are fine just not what I would have chosen.)
Any ideas on keeping the same color versus adding a different color to the vertical risers of the steps/levels?
I would do the risers in cream.
July 5, 2013 at 9:31am   
mhensonnv
Or yellow like the house
July 5, 2013 at 9:42am   
houssaon
Sage would work well as would cream.
July 5, 2013 at 10:00am   
Jessica McArthur
Ok, so that sounds like three votes for painting them, then staying in the same color grouping that is already being used. There is a lot of yellow already on the house, so I veto that one. I will go try the cream and the green and see where that takes me. Will get images of samples up shortly hopefully. Thx.
July 5, 2013 at 11:22am   
felixgrantham
I would not paint the risers a different color. It's going to look chopped & home-grown versus professional.
July 5, 2013 at 11:38am   
Jessica McArthur
Quick foam brush painted samples up...considering the "dirt" factor I think going sage green would be a smart idea.
July 5, 2013 at 11:59am   
Jessica McArthur
@felixgrantham I was taking the idea of the painted risers from other ideas like this one,
July 5, 2013 at 12:02pm   
Jessica McArthur
As other FYI information: The house is a 1952 Cape Cod style in NE CO. The deck was here when we bought the house, I am just trying to find a way to make it pretty and tie in better. All told it is 575 sq ft that really doesn't get used that often.
July 5, 2013 at 12:05pm   
If it doesn't get used all that often- look at the photo you posted...I would go cream...and fill the nail holes ;)
July 5, 2013 at 12:38pm   
Jessica McArthur
Yes, of course the nail holes will get filled. Just trying to spend some time thinking about it all before going to spend the money on the rest of the supplies!
July 5, 2013 at 1:13pm   
Need staging/decor advice for my open concept living/dinning room
Hi, I have an open kitchen with living / dinning room....
Need Help With Deciding on Window Coverings for Master Bedroom
I have 3 windows side by side in my master bedroom,...
Drape-gate
Due to a Houzz issue and amount of comments on the...
Furniture placement in living room!
Hi all! My husband and I have been working on lots...
Awkward living room advice please
Any design advice would be greatly appreciated! We...