HELP !! WINDOW DISASTER
mameyerc
July 5, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I really need help with dressing these very odd windows. I plan to paint my trim white with light sage walls but I cannot figure out HOW or WHAT to put on these odd windows to give them a uniform appearance. Any help is much needed. Thank you in advance.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
howellmsue
I would take the fan shaped blind out of the half moon window if it isn't needed. You can't see much up that high. I would also choose blinds (like bamboo) for the shorter window that is the same length as the longer window. Even though they are different sizes you could let the blind out to the same length to "fool" the eye.
July 5, 2013 at 7:39PM   
mameyerc
Problem is..I need something in the arched window to filter the hot sun
July 5, 2013 at 7:41PM   
howellmsue
This is going to sound cheesy, but really doesn't look cheesy.... You can buy a window cling that you cut to size that can filter the sun. Think tint on a car window. Again I am not painting a very good visual of what it looks like on the window. But it would reduce the amount of things going on with your windows and give you a simpler cleaner look.
July 5, 2013 at 7:48PM   
mameyerc
Ahh..yes ! I totally know what you are saying. Tanks so very much
July 5, 2013 at 7:50PM   
mameyerc
Thanks...lol
July 5, 2013 at 7:51PM   
lefty47
HI -- Paint the window trim the same color as the walls. You don't need to out line the windows. I think it would be worth the cost to have the Palladian arch window removed and filled in.. It does not add anything to the room . Sort of out of date in this arrangement. Very 80's early 90's style . I know arched Palladian windows have been around for hundreds of years but not in this manner. Match the blinds size to the bigger window , then have your drape panels . If you do remove that window then have the curtain rod up higher, as far as it will sit. For the window over the headboard , just have a roman shade made with the same drape material that covers the whole window from the ceiling line . Or you could have that window removed also . I don't see a reason for a window in that location. Or put a big upholstered panel behind the headboard that will cover the whole window from the ceiling line and that is a little wider than the headboard . A decorative screen will also work behind the headboard.
July 5, 2013 at 8:07PM   
libradesigneye
I saw a mirror cut to hang on wall below short window to match height of tall, then matching size blinds. Light reflected in mirror mimics window to eye behind blind. Here tho the assymetry isn't helped with that. Use frost film on small windows and arch and put panels over blinds only on large windowntonright.
July 5, 2013 at 8:44PM