OLLD 7/6
nasmijati
July 6, 2013 in Other
Here is wishing everyone a productive day! I always try to learn one new thing every day.

Speaking of learning, Architect John Gaw Meem, who is famous in this region of the world, designed the Zimmerman Library at the University of New Mexico, USA.
The first photo shows the ceiling in one of the traditionally designed reading rooms. I wish my ceiling were high enough to install a ceiling like this!

The second photo shows the room where this ceiling is located.
The third photo shows the outside of this room in the library building.
The fourth photo shows the front of the building as I remember it. The reading room is to the far left, out of view of the camera.
kimdee24
Hello auntie ez! I am awake too... Just woke up from a dream, I guess. I hope you are able to go back to sleep. xo

What a nice building and I love those ceilings! So much character.
1 Like   Thanked by nasmijati    July 6, 2013 at 1:11AM
DIAspoton
no sleep here. it's 4:30 AM.

EZ, beautiful beautiful bldg. what a gift to have such talent.

KD, in these days days of high tech, attention spans, like patience have become shorter. with texting, email, instant messaging a part of everyday life, a response within 24 hrs doesn't seem unreasonable even if it's a text saying something like : "sounds great, i'll call you next week to talk details". it's an acknlowdgement that you want the job but you're too busy to talk about it this week. sorry if i'm not coming across as supportive. i just try to look at things from both sides.when you're the person waiting to hear something, time takes on a life of it's own.

my cat died thursday evening. his name was 'hey jude eastwood'. he was a cool dude. large, handsome, tan and white with wise,riveting clint eastwood eyes.i adopted him many years ago as a a mouser for the stables. a very good hunter but he chose to be an indoor/outdoor house cat and that ws fine with me. the group had no history on him and the vet just called him and adult, not too young. so he had to be at least 15 now. he had trouble eating 2.5 years ago and had a dental. needed one again but he was too old to sedate. he's been having other problems. new meds 10 days ago weren't helping. thursday he got much worse and we went to the ER. saying goodbye be they cat, dog or horse, it doesn't get easier.
my GC stopped by yesterday morning in the light rain to pick up a saw for an indoor job he was doing. he insisted on burying jude for me. it's a lonely job and i was relieved to not have to do it myself.
i'm usually happy living alone but at times like this...
3 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 2:05AM
olldroo
Oooh, mo, I'm so sorry to hear about your puss. It is a wrench when they go. I remember when my first one went, I got up early one morning and found him on the floor struggling to breathe. I had to wait 2 hours to get him to a vet, so got dressed first and then just sat and hugged him and loved him. I just knew it was his time but hoped it wasn't but all I could think about was digging his grave - what weird thoughts we can have at times like that. I also rang dd as he was originally her cat and she met me at the vet's in time to say goodbye to him. They had him on oxygen for a while while they checked him out but he had a growth in his lungs and we had no choice but to put him to sleep. We opted to leave him to the vet to do this, I wanted to remember him alive and contented but afterwards I regretted I had deserted him. The whole time, though I could not put the thought of digging his grave out of my mind until the vet gave me the option of having him cremated, which I gladly accepted. My second cat went under similar circumstances, he had a growth in his lungs too and although he seemed to be behaving normally he was always hungry but wouldn't eat and was losing weight dramatically. Cats won't eat if they can't breathe properly. It was harder putting him down when he was still so bright but I didn't want him getting to the stage the other cat did and I didn't hesitate to stay with him while the vet put him to sleep. Mine were both 17 when they died.
3 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 2:26AM
olldroo
Ez, that is an impressive building, I wonder if the timber ceiling has anything to do with acoustics in the room. I definitely agree with you about learning something every day.

I hope you can get back to sleep and kd - I hope you are not stressing about that difficult person.
2 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 2:30AM
Morning all! EZ, love your pictures and that library looks amazing. I hope they never paint that woodwork.

Mo, I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty, I'll bet you miss him terribly. Try not to be too sad, think only of the good times you and your family had with him.

Roo - I sent you an email! Sorry about your kittys too.

What's everyone got going on today? Yesterday I laid the tile in R's shower basin so today I'll be grouting. Then I want to go to Michael's craft store and I need to go to Walmart. Blech! Boring stuff!
2 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 4:11AM
Oooops! Sorry Kim, missed your comment! Go back to sleep! Are all OLLD's insomniac's?
4 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 4:11AM
armygirl1987
Morning all, yes Bobbi, Roo, Kimdee, Auntie Ez, we are all insomniacs. I was up late last night too.
2 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 5:23AM
armygirl1987
DIA- Hon, I am so sorry for your lost. I too have lost a cat back in 2008. That was when I realize how much my animals meant to me. I just recently lost my dog and I had to call my friend to bury her for me.
3 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 5:49AM
astraea
DIAspoton – I’m sorry to hear about your cat! My Jai Bhagwan (hindi for “I bow to the divine within you”) was also white & tan .. the wonderful diabetic cat whose kidneys then failed. I thought I’d have the vet take care of things, when I had to have him euthanized, but then reclaimed him (frozen) & buried him at home. It was just as bad when I had to have Petunia euthanized .. but she was 17 years old & had a good, long life.

Not sure what’s different, but I’m again able to access Houzz via the e-mail links. I think that’s the way computers & the internet work .. always keeping you guessing! I’m almost finished straightening up my office .. for the most part. It’s so nice to walk into the room, and not see piles of stuff needing to be filed away!
4 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 6:34AM
armygirl1987
Astraea-it is DIA that lost a cat not Auntie Ez...
3 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 6:37AM
armygirl1987
I try not to think about it. I finally got rid of my cat Fatso ashes this year and she died in 2008.
4 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 6:49AM
kimdee24
It took me a long time to do something with Muffin's ashes. DIA...I am sorry for your loss. :(
5 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 6:51AM
armygirl1987
When did Muffin pass Kimdee
0 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 6:52AM
lisalovesquilts
My condolences to everyone who has lost a pet. It's heartbreaking, a member of the family. I stayed with my German Shepherd when he was put down and I still 'feel' him going because I held him until the end. After 25 years I am still leery of getting another pet but the kids would like it and I would too so we'll see.
Eztia that library looked great. I love split levels like that, while retaining the big space it also makes it cosier - does that make sense?
3 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 6:53AM
kimdee24
@Angela -- I lost her in 2001. Her ashes sat in my bedside drawer for several years before I had the heart to do something with them. She had some sort of leukemia, one day she just was very sick, and I took her to the vet. He put her under to do some testing, and she died the same day. He called to tell me to come because she was leaving me, but as fast as I hustled down there, she was gone before I arrived. I think of her all the time and still miss her, she was a great, great dog. So smart... and a very old soul.
3 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 7:03AM
armygirl1987
I understand-I had an orange tabby-When I was station in FT Jackson, SC, I found her eating out of the dumpster. I took her to the vet to see if she was microchipped and got her checked out. She was healthy and from that day was what started my love of animals, she was my first cat. I named her Fatso and I remember when I moved from SC, to MA she drove on top of glove compartment the whole drive. I woke up to find her on the floor dead. I had a really nasty neighbor and I think that she poisoned her. I had her cremated and just recently got rid of her ashes. I still have pictures of her. I remember when I went to get a new cat, I asked for an orange tabby. Now I have Lulu but she is not Fatso.
3 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 7:17AM
astraea
Eztia (did I get it right this time? ) – I think good thoughts about pets that have passed, but it’s been a long time for all of them now. I often think we can learn life lessons from our animals .. probably why they’re in our lives! Jaya was an amazing cat with incredible grace. I’d brought 2 feral kittens home from work, but the male didn’t want to be a house cat & bolted out the door one evening. In response to the flyers I gave the police & local vets, a nearby cat breeder called me about a lost cat she had, but couldn’t keep. He’d already been neutered & was very sweet, so I took him home to keep the remaining cat company. Months later, I found out Jaya was diabetic, and wondered if a former owner had just dumped him, when he began urinating around the house. Once on insulin, he never had another accident again! Jaya got used to the routine, and would sit by the refrigerator after eating, knowing I had to give him an insulin shot .. what a good patient he was! As he got older, his kidneys began to fail, and I had to give him subdural fluids .. picture an IV bag hanging from an upper cabinet, with the cat on a bar stool with the needle in him! Even then he put up with it, until I could tell he was ready to stop being a pin cushion & move on!

Angela - I think it's silly when people want to clone pets, to replicate ones that have passed on. Every person & animal is unique, and that's the point .. we learn different lessons from every relationship.
3 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 7:37AM
armygirl1987
Astraea-I agree in that sometimes I believe they are smarter than us. I have a male Cocka Poodle. I spent all this money to build a fence and in one day she jumped it.
4 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 7:46AM
armygirl1987
Just got back from walking and my hibiscus and purple vines are blooming
6 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 7:51AM
olldcan
Hi All,

Anybody wan't a 23 year old still living at home. He can be a gem but when he's imposing HIS friends on me, I think it's time he take the gathering somewhere else. I've, not him, have provided the place, food, drink and so on for many years and i'm tired of it.
Now, for the last week I haven't seen or talked to him. He was pi**ed at me when I put a kibosh on his plans to have a large group 2 weekends in a row at the lake. The first weekend was to celebrate Canada Day. 20 people sleeping in tents, campfire and so on. The second weekend was to celebrate a birthday for one of his friends that I have absolutely no use for. Honestly, I can't stand that freeloading jerk.
I made it quite clear, that our lake lot was not the place to hold these parties. In fact it is mine (well my husbands and mine) not his, he actual has his own. I repeated myself several times that it is not my responsibility to provide this for anyone nor do I wish to host a party for HIS friends. I'm sticking to my guns cause that basement is getting dug in a few weeks and my dream/retirement home is NOT being filled with 23 year old guys every weekend. I would hope i'm not wrong with taking such a stand but the kid has never not talked to me for a week. AND what really pi**es me off is he never asked me to even have a chance to discuss this, I found out through the grapevine and confronted him.

Need support olds :)
6 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 8:30AM
armygirl1987
I can relate Candice, my 23 year old lives at home too, and also has a habit of just showing up with her friends. No you are not wrong for sticking to your ground, I had to do that to mine, completely cut her of for 6 months and she called me crying. Stand strong
4 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 8:38AM
Jayme H.
@olldcan...My 23 y/o is still living at home, between here and his Dad's. He doesn't bring a lot of people over and the one time he brought 2 friends over late (like 2a.m.) & they were making racket, my husband booted them out. He can be disrespectful, and entitled. We just lay down the law and if he doesn't like it we let him know he can always leave! In fact, I have already sent him packing more than once. When he gets over being pissed, he comes back, and the rules are the same. (Here at least)..Sorry u r going through that. You were 100% correct in setting him straight.
3 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 8:43AM
Linda
I just read these posts to my hubby....as we say, our 23 year old is only two years away. He's funny because he can get really ambitious and gets interested in some subject and just runs with it but most of the time he just sits around waiting for the world to call on him. He'll be a senior next year, studying aerospace engineering, and he shouldn't have a problem finding a job as he is really bright and does enjoy coming up with answers for problems that others just can't figure out. However, he does have the oldest child entitlement complex.

We've told him that we don't have a problem if he wants to go to grad school but we aren't paying tuition for that. We'll pay for his rent but he needs to take care of his other expenses. I actually wish he would show up with a batch of friends...my son is a loner and he would rather sit around doing nothing than socialize.
5 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 8:58AM
olldcan
My oldest is 25, has ran his own portable welding truck since he was 21. Married, 2 kids and has a nice home. He moved out at 18 to his dads for a year and was well on his way. Although he was an ass from 18-22.
My youngest turned 18 in Feb, just graduated high school and has NEVER mouthed at me or caused me an ounce of trouble. No disrespect ever shown, has worked at the same part time job for 4 years and has never missed a shift. He always asks if someone can come over.
Now there's the middle child. The one that want's to still impose his high school buddies on me. ARRGG!!!

Thanks Angela and Jayme, nice to know I'm not in this alone.

Jayme, ahhhh!!! oh yes I forgot to mention that he usually gets home by 7:30p and his girlfriend arrives by 8. They proceed to take out the pots and pans and start to cook diner. Well, my kitchen is cleaned after our diner and everything is put away. So this is real round 2. Hubby and I get up at 2am so lots of times there just sitting to eat around 9pm when were heading to bed. Most annoying to wake up to just half of there mess cleaned up. Thanks for the support :)
4 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 9:00AM
olldroo
OMG - candace I just read your post wrong, thought your son had a portable wedding truck. Sent my head into a positive spin.

Ladies, do stand your ground, the more you give the more the rotten rats take. They will hate you for it but one day they will realise - even if it takes till their 23year old does it to them.

My 46 year old hates me, but the funny thing is that I have a feeling she can no longer remember why, she is just too stubborn to admit it. Unfortunately, she will probably never have kids so I won't get the pleasure of that satisfying "Na na nana na".

You know what was the hardest part of loosing my cats, they lived till they were 17 and I don't feel I can replace them as they might outlive me and I know no one would take them.

I gotta get to bed, now our days are lovely, the nights are freezing.
7 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 9:36AM
armygirl1987
Well-enough yard work for me, just finishing cleaning the enclosed patio and outside, wash everything down and reorganize. Put the dogs to sleep and about to go to the library. Each and everyone stay blessed for the rest of the day.
3 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 10:11AM
Jayme H.
@roo...I have an idea now...Portable wedding truck...sounds like a winner/possible money maker too....HHMMM...Now just to get a unit and get to Vegas!
-@ Roo..my 26 y/o just got over a little snit during which she didn't speak to me for a few months. This, after I refused to take any more rude and obnoxious behavior from her. So I sat back and let her think. I let her know the door was open and that I love her. She thinks I favored her brother so much over her in childhood, when, in reality, she was quite spoiled and often very disobedient, esp. starting at approx. age 11-12. From then on it was a knock down drag out battle to keep her under any control at all. During this time, her brother was mellow, never caused trouble and behaved well. HE waited to become a beast until he was about 19 or 20....Now I am on him all the time, and she has calmed down. No one ever told me it would be easy!!!!
5 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 10:14AM
Jayme H.
BTW..trying not to repeat same errors with THIS one...the Birthday Boy & his cake!
5 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 10:36AM
astraea
Candace – isn’t he old enough to want to leave home .. hint, hint? You must be making it to nice & easy for him! Does he pay for room & board; if not .. maybe it’s time to start! Maybe you have to read up on “middle children”: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Middle%20Child%20Syndrome
2 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 10:46AM
Jayme H.
Kids get to know how and which buttons to push with their parents...and they can work it! Dr. Phil said on one show..."Children are devious little creatures"....Then it is worse when they are devious little adults! Parenting is such hard work..never ends!
5 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 10:58AM
Jayme H.
@Astraea...I just read that article..and the car thing actually did happen to me! I wanted to buy one however, and was working 2 jobs and needed a co-signer. The answer was NO. Older sister got a transam, younger 2 sisters got nice cars. This has never changed, and I am now the only daughter of 4 who paid for their own college, etc.
5 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 11:01AM
olldcan
Astrea, no he doesn't pay room and board, I haven't charged with any of the boys. Trust me, i'm hinting LOL and yes I'm sure he want's to leave and spread his wings too. The deal in my house is. Work, go to school, continue with a trade, university, whatever but has to be something. I provide one set of wheels at 16, (and they weren't pretty) any other, you buy that on your own. You pay for gas, i pay for insurance. Educate yourself in which I will pay half. Save like a crazy person cause at 25 your OUT and you'd better have a downpayment ready to go. My boys are and have done that. I'd rather they save for a downpayment then pay me room and board. The oldest at 24, put 1/2 down on his home. The middle one has purchased a lot at the lake in which he put 1/2 down and has plans to buy at home within the year, in which he will be able to put about 30-35% down. My next challenge is the youngest one. Yes, the threat of moving them into our apartment building and charging them full rent, has slid out in conversation hahaha cause if your moving out to pay rent, you can pay it to me. All the boys have worked a part time job since 14, full time in the summer, evenings and or weekends while attending school. I have created save-a-maniacs and financially they are way ahead of where they thought they'd be and that is a relief for me and them as well.
On the flip side I guess he could be 23, unemployed, no secondary education, no vehicle, no savings, no lot, no down payment, living in my basement collecting star wars figurines and playing nintendo like his freeloading friend in which im supposed to host a birthday party for.....NOT.

Ha, now I feel better, Thanks Astrea :)
7 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 11:37AM
Linda
Hubby is cleaning out his closet in the basement and dragging out some extremely old computer books and some other miscellaneous. Of course, he's putting them into the space in the garage where I sorted and organized and had a lot of floor space cleared to use for my own projects. He is planning to take them to the electronics and book recycling next weekend--hopefully they'll get there in a timely manner

He found some photos of the house before we moved in 21 years ago. Since they aren't our furniture, either the previous owners gave them to us or we took them when we came back for a visit to measure room and get an idea about where our furniture would go. Wouldn't it be fun to have a full set of photos of the interior, taken every twenty years or so from new? I said we should leave those photos to the new owner whenever we sell so they can enjoy looking at what the house looked like then.
6 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 11:41AM
Jayme H.
@olldcan...Sounds like u have done a great job! He sounds like a pretty good kid, for the most part...They r just so egocentric at that age!
5 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 11:45AM
Jayme H.
All our animals with the exception of my bichon, MiMi, were either strays or from the Humane Society. Right now we have 3 dogs and one cat. Louie(cat) is old, I think, but he is so funny..he will follow us on walks and sleeps with Jay.
3 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 12:39PM
astraea
I'm half finished reorganizing my crafts/storage room. Am I the only person who can't throw out "good" shopping bags? I have bags with small bags, large bags, large plastic bags .. sheesh! At least now everything's sorted & put away, and I've got to go thru a bin of clothing that was waiting to be repaired .. wait long enough, and you have no idea why things are in there!
3 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 1:25PM
mefor
Hi everyone, just checking in. Reading all the posts made me grrrrrr about the kids, smile and laugh about the kids, and sad, sad, sad about the animals. What a day!! So emotional in just a few hours. Mo, I'm so sorry about your little friend. It's always so gut wrenching. :(
I'm going to the movies with the hubby and kids, despicable me 2. I'll try to kidnap a minion for you Bobbi!!
Look at this nonsense, this is why we are going to movies, maybe beach tonight before sunset. Maybe
2 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 1:28PM
Linda
astraea- Want to come visit me? Maybe some of that industrious nature will wear off on me!
2 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 1:29PM
Wow! A Boeing 777 just crashed at SFO!
0 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 1:44PM
mefor
And a train derailment and explosion in quebec. Awful!
1 Like   July 6, 2013 at 1:54PM
I saw that!
0 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 2:02PM
Jayme H.
mforr..that's awful! What r u up to today?
Hi Bobbi!!
1 Like   July 6, 2013 at 2:38PM
Jayme! What's happening?
1 Like   July 6, 2013 at 2:48PM
astraea
Bobbi - Just had the TV on & saw the news about that Asiana plane crash in SFO, coming in from South Korea. It looked terrible, but apparently passengers were able to escape. No details on injuries yet. I'm not happy withe the timing, because a friend & her hubby are flying home from Japan tomorrow, and I don't think he's a happy flier to start with!

Just reading about the train derailment: "73-car train derailed early Saturday in the town of Lac-Megantic (Lack-MAH-Gan-Tic), about 155 miles (250 kilometers) east of Montreal. Officials say the explosions and fire destroyed a large part of the town's downtown area. Up to 1,000 people were forced from their homes in the town."

How awful for all of these people!
2 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 2:56PM
Jayme H.
Hi bobbi...just went to eat at our fav Mexican joint and they messed up my order. Wrong verde sauce...so they put the same enchiladas on a new plate with correct sauce, but the other stuff had absorbed into the food, ruining the taste..so I sent it back a second time and said I didn't want anything else. I get paranoid about sending food back ...worried they will contaminate it out of spite, as I have seen on t.v. (prob. dumb of me)...
Felt like I ruined Chuck's meal..so I felt bad, and he took his to go.
They didn't charge us. But we gave some money as we had a cocktail, and the kids had some food...Chuck's food was fine. New cooks from Mexico I guess, didn't understand the order.
How about u ? How is the shower coming?
3 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 3:17PM
lisalovesquilts
Roo I have been watching Underbelly, catching up with it. Wow!
0 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 3:47PM
kimdee24
Wow... what a tragic day. So sad to hear about the train derailment and the plane crash.
1 Like   July 6, 2013 at 4:09PM
mefor
Jayme, trust me, you don't want to return things too may times at most restaurants. Just saying...
Just watched despicable me 2, I got 12 minions for you Bobbi, so now you have a really cute gang.
2 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 4:21PM
astraea
Update on plane crash .. 2 dead & 161 injured. Bad as that is, I guess it could have been much worse. They're touting pilot Peter Berkill as a hero, for bringing the plane down. Safety experts say that fire can burn thru the fusalage in 90 seconds.
2 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 4:23PM
DIAspoton
at least 60 unaccounted for and several people listed in critical.
3 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 4:33PM
Jayme H.
@mforr..that is exactly why I opted out of any food....gross, who know? This place we have known the people and they r friendly, etc..but the cooks were new and sounds like there had been lots of problems that day. Our server felt so bad..we tried to pay for what we got, and she wouldn't charge us, so we gave her cash anyway. Next time I am going to just stick to the menu vs. asking for a diff. sauce!
-what r u up to today?
-Sad about the train derailment in Quebec & the plane crash!
2 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 4:39PM
mefor
Watered the garden and headed to mall, too hot for anything, did you see my temps today? My mystery knee ailment was getting better after resting but you can imagine what a day of walking did to it. Watched the movie and held cold soda against it most of the time. Movie was adorable and now we're getting some grilled chicken wraps for dinner. No cooking tonight. I had hoped to go to beach this evening but its still steamy and I think I just want the air conditioner and maybe a little pictionary on the Wii. How's your afternoon shaping up?
1 Like   July 6, 2013 at 4:46PM
armygirl1987
Michele-You are still my hero, and no I am not down hearted. I posted in my thread. Please read.
2 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 4:48PM
mefor
Big hugs, Angela!!!!
2 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 4:52PM
armygirl1987
Ditto-okay enough mushy....Lol
1 Like   July 6, 2013 at 4:53PM
mefor
;)
2 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 4:54PM
kimdee24
I just spend the last ten minutes on the floor of my master closet with my scaredee-dog. It rained for 10 minutes and no thunder or anything (that I could detect), but yeah.... on the bright side, she'll let me wash her face while she's being so needy and cuddly.
2 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 5:09PM
kimdee24
Omg, what a production. Over a nothing storm. My goodness. We are out of the closet but insisting on being in my lap and panting like she just ran a quarter mile.
3 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 5:16PM
olldcan
All the appies are made and the wine and beer is chilled for tonight's company. Roo, my Aussie friends are coming over, yippy. Thought I'd sit a watch a few minutes of the news, holy cow the train and plane crash are unbelievable, so sad.
3 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 5:37PM
olldcan
Lac-Megantic means Mega Lake, my god the footage is horrible. I think both could have been a lot worse. I'd hate to have the responsibility and pressure of a pilot.

Oh shoot, my companies is arriving. I'll check in later. :)
4 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 5:46PM
armygirl1987
Kimdee, that has been me for the past two days. I literally had to wrap her up like a newborn.
1 Like   July 6, 2013 at 6:13PM
astraea
Enjoy your company Candace!
1 Like   July 6, 2013 at 6:26PM
kimdee24
What do you all think about this area rug... with my chairs? Too much?
3 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 6:45PM
armygirl1987
Kimdee-like the rug.....
1 Like   July 6, 2013 at 6:49PM
mefor
As a little image it looks busy, but as a large rug it would look fine, the pattern would be very open.
2 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 6:50PM
mefor
Go for it!!
2 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 6:51PM
kimdee24
Thanks... I kind of like it. I will run it by my designer. And I think I'm going to post a dilemma and see what folks come up with that I might not have considered.
1 Like   July 6, 2013 at 6:52PM
Robin W
Quick hi and bye. I'm beat from the day. It was an intense day of mostly non-emergent calls except for the last unconscious guy.

Best call of the day - the person who had a ring stuck on her finger and couldn't get it off as their fingers were swollen. Didn't want to go to the hospital, just didn't know what else to do or who to call.

Hope everyone had a great day.
2 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 7:03PM
mefor
Kimdee, is this too funky for you?
3 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 7:07PM
kimdee24
Not at all! Where is that from, I kind of love it!
2 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 7:08PM
mefor
Home decorators
0 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 7:09PM
kimdee24
Crud. They don't ship to Canada. Even though they're part of Home Depot, it seems.
3 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 7:14PM
armygirl1987
Do you have anyone in the US who could ship it to you if it is reasonable.
1 Like   July 6, 2013 at 7:17PM
mefor
That stinks, I had a few for you to look at from there
1 Like   July 6, 2013 at 7:19PM
kimdee24
@Michele, the trouble with ordering online is the shipping sometimes. And how much it adds to the cost. @Angela -- that would be too much trouble. I'll find something that can ship direct.
2 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 7:23PM
Jayme H.
Is MP around? The lady who has a thread "Need Help"....the one with the wall art/ strawberries pics...put out her email and said to contact her..not sure if it's for MP but I think so.
1 Like   July 6, 2013 at 7:29PM
olldroo
Hi all, busy day today so just jumping in and out.

BOBBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII - Need you here http://www.houzz.com/discussions/543549/Need-help-with-paint-color-in-bathroom-

Yikes that is dangerous putting her email on here.
1 Like   July 6, 2013 at 8:04PM
olldroo
Robin - your ring story takes me back to when #2 joey was a teen. Boyfriend at the time gave her one of those Russian Wedding Rings that were all the rage then for Christmas. It was a little small for her, but would she listen?? No, put it on and had a nap. When she woke her finger was huge and even going blue and beyond help with ice, oil or anything else. Dashed her to the local Fire Station which is pretty close and they had a special cutter to get it off. Fireman said it was best we did it that way as to take her to the ER they would use a saw which would actually chew up a lot of the gold. Cost me a fortune to have the damn thing enlarged and put back together again. Mind you this is the joey that somehow found a plastic bag and put it over her entire head so it stuck fast, put her hand flat on a hot plate to see if it was hot and left it there complaining it was, and as a 2 year old climbed up the bathroom vanity and shaved her face with BH's razor "to be like daddy". She went to preschool with 5 bandaids on her face that day.
3 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 8:12PM
Jayme H.
@roo...was that your middle child?
1 Like   July 6, 2013 at 8:16PM
olldroo
HOW DID YOU GUESS!!!!!
1 Like   July 6, 2013 at 8:16PM
Jayme H.
Special treat for u...emailed David, got a response..he sounds in good spirits, still has viral symptoms, but sounds stable with health status. He sounds very busy and is working. Wanted to share, as I know all we hens worry.
6 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 8:17PM
Jayme H.
@roo...LOL!!
0 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 8:18PM
kimdee24
Thanks for the update on Mr. Ironwood, Jayme... I've really been worried.
2 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 8:24PM
olldroo
Jayme - great news on Sir David. Thank you for that.

I have to say as much as a terror #2 joey was growing up, she is probably the most caring of my 3. She still vividly remembers the day she was fighting with #3 joey and picked up a chair and threw it at her. #3 ducked and the chair went through the wall. She was so terrified to tell me, it took her ages to blurt it out, she was sobbing so hard. I never did the "wait till your father gets home" thing I believed in dealing with things as they happened but on this occasion I was actually killing myself laughing on the inside so I told her that as her father had to fix it she would have to explain it to him when he got home. She now says it was the worst day of her life waiting for BH to come home but as a mum now marvels at the control I showed. Of course I have since told her I was killing myself laughing and the whole thing is now #3's fault for ducking.
3 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 8:27PM
olldroo
Trying to catch up on the day here, Lisa, I don't watch Underbelly, I am so over violence and language on TV or in movies and I guess having worked in crime for 20 years and knowing a lot of the figures portrayed, I'm over all these type of people too. It always received rave reviews and anyone I know who watched it raved about it too. I couldn't handle the Sopranos for the same reason.

What is the lastest news on the train crash. Said 60 people were missing. What a horrible thing it must have been for those townspeople. Often wonder why these things always seem to happen in the middle of the night, but in this case things could have been far worse in the middle of the day. Plane crash at SF was scary too, haven't been a lot of plane crashes lately, planes must be getting safer.
2 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 8:37PM
armygirl1987
Night all, going to try to go to bed. I am very tired. Had a rough day today.
2 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 8:40PM
armygirl1987
2 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 8:45PM
kimdee24
Sorry you had a rough day, Angela (((hugs)))

Good afternoon, Ms Roo... I am loving your joey stories... very funny!
3 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 8:57PM
armygirl1987
Thanks Kimdee-I just hope that I have put some things to rest.
3 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 8:59PM
olldroo
Hope you get a really good sleep Angela.

KD, this is the mother of Miss 7 and the Little Bloke which probably explains a lot. She was my swimmer and was always on the go and one of those people who really gets things done - still is. When she was about 4, end of day was a nightmare with the bath, dinner, bed routine, I was always adamant they had to clean their mess away and stick to the routine. #1 always had her head in the clouds, used to play with every toy she owned and #3 just followed her. Come 4.30 #2 would suddenly pack away whatever she was playing with, ask me to run the bath for her and would immediately bath and dress herself, put her dirty clothes in the laundry, tidy her room, then set the table for dinner and ask if I wanted anything else done. The rule was that when everything was done they could watch TV till dinner time so of course #2 was straight in front of the TV thoroughly enjoying herself while I was constantly nagging the other two to clean up, get in the bath, etc. As kids do, more time was spent arguing about it than actually doing and I was constantly dragging them back from the TV. I couldn't do a damn thing, I had set the rules and no matter how hard I tried to work it the other two would just never get it and co-operate. Anything I did would have penalised #2. She was one damned cunning kid AND knew it.
4 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 9:11PM
kimdee24
Goodnight everyone, I think it's time for bed... I can hardly keep my eyes open.
3 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 9:11PM
olldroo
Night kd sleep tight. Time for some housework for me.
3 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 9:14PM
armygirl1987
Hi Roo
2 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 9:29PM
olldroo
hi Angela - go to bed!
3 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 9:31PM
Jayme H.
Goodnight everyone!!
2 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 10:48PM
astraea
Roo – Your #2 joey sounds a little like me, because I was very curious too .. but I didn’t do things that might hurt myself! My Mom loved jewelry, and in retirement took some classes & dabbled in making it. As an adult, I had a ring I loved that had a pretty hefty shank to it .. it fit well normally. Once in the summer, my fingers must have swelled, and I couldn’t get it off either .. soap, lotion, oil .. and my finger was turning blue too. She had a hacksaw specifically for jewelry, and cut it thru, then pried the shank apart enough to get over my knuckle. Mom to the rescue :)
3 Likes   July 7, 2013 at 5:50AM
nasmijati
@Jayme. Thanks for contacting David. I am happy to read good news about him.
2 Likes   July 7, 2013 at 6:05PM
Need to fill empty wall and space in living room!
Recently moved into our new home and loved the big,...
Hideous fireplace
Our 1924 cottage has a hideous fireplace with white...
what to do with the panelling .
white trim and doors, hot cocos on the walls. but,...