"Solar panels on a standing seam roof'
Richard
I have a charcoal gray standing seam roof that I want to add solar panels to. I'm curious to know how the wiring can be done without penetrating the roof and/or being too noticable.
S. Thomas Kutch
Question is why would you not penetrate the roof......if you lay your cabling on the roof, you're going to have to strap it down with cable clamps. Same with conduit..... not to mention you've then got this ugly cable thing going down or across your roof.......it's going to be noticeable. Not to mention that your solar panels are going to need to be anchored to the structure...........either way, you're going to have some penetrations. I would minimize those as much as possible and have one penetration for my cables close to my panels making it a much cleaner look. It's done all the time and if done properly won't be a problem.
0 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 5:17AM
30x120cm woodlike ceramic tiles layout
Hi! We have a dilemma on how to lay-out our newly purchased...
1BR 28 sq.m. Condo
Hi everyone! This is my first investment, and I am...
Something Missing
Looking for ideas! I feel as though something is missing...
to remove load bearing wall b/w kitchen and living room??
sorry for the long-winded post but need some help/suggestions/advice....