What do I do with this space?
naddie78
I need some ideas what to do here. The ceiling is super high and the walls need something on them. Not sure what to do with furniture either. My front sitting room is right behind and this area needs to have nice flow to walk between the dining room and sitting room.
How about a tall bookcase on that tall wall. You could put 2 club chairs and an accent table in the corner by the stairs.
0 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 12:45PM
Jayme H.
Can u post a few more pics of that wall please? Maybe of the room too please.
1 Like   July 6, 2013 at 12:50PM
naddie78
Here's some more pictures
0 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 12:57PM
naddie78
Missed one
0 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 12:58PM
naddie78
I though of a bookcase but how tall? That wall is at least 20' and I only have 10" before something would stick out past the dinning room opening...
1 Like   July 6, 2013 at 1:07PM
Jayme H.
I like your place! Are u going to get some art for above your sofa? ....That could play into the height of another piece on that wall...But yes, I think a taller bookcase prob. would look nice there.
0 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 3:21PM
studio10001
Beautiful light! If you like your sofa on that wall, I think you could spread out that line of furnishings down the wall more. I'd think about replacing one end table for a larger one that can join the grouping between the chair and sofa, rather than against the wall, and perhaps a chest on the other end. You have room for a very large piece on the sofa wall - lucky you!
0 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 3:36PM
anne dee
you could stagger a few shelves up the wall next to the sofa a suggested in this IDEA pic
Sunset Smart Homes
Pull the sofa away from the window and have an art arrangement over the sofa as suggested in this pic. By ignoring the height you will draw the eye away and towards the art wall. I don't think the height should be accented.
Apartament
0 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 3:47PM
studio10001
Margo's idea of a club and accent in the other corner sounds nice,and would be another good spot for some art on the walls. (or that bookcase!) I think, though, that if the main seating forms a stronger relationship to itself, rather than the wall, the focus will go to it and no longer to the expanse that it now accentuates. Hope that helps.
0 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 3:52PM
naddie78
Thanks for the input everyone. I really liked the staggered shelves. does anyone think i need to put anything on the wall above the dining room entrance. When you come through my front door you see my banister and that high empty wall. There is a picture wall in the works for above the sofa, just haven't had the time to follow through. We bought and reno'd this house in the past year. Lived in the basement with no kitchen or laundry for 4 months. I'm really happy with how it's coming together and it's really nice to no longer go up a flight of stairs and out to the garage to get something from the fridge. Lol
0 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 4:19PM
studio10001
You could, but I don't think it is necessary; your wall art will bring the eye lower. Congratulations on your new adventure!
0 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 4:42PM
anne dee
I agree with studio 10001
0 Likes   July 6, 2013 at 5:06PM
Space above cabinets, they bug me what do I do with them.
I need some advice, add cabinets, fill in with drywall,...
Extra space, what do I do?!?!??
I have a spare bedroom that's been sitting "empty"...
Extra space, what do I do?!?!??
Mixed media! What do I do with the colors in this space?
When we painted the space the color was more green...
What do i do w/ this useless space? help!!
Here's how my "foyer? informal living room?" looks...
kitchen countertops: marble vs granite
pros and cons of marble vs granite kitchen countertops....
Where should I place a kitchen table?
Hello - We are building a house and I need to finalize...
Addition help! Entertainment space vs split bedroom plan
We are adding approximately 700 sq ft to our ranch...
Do I put a round chandelier above a round table?
48" diameter table. 9' ceiling. Lake cottage. What...
Very small space,open plan
I have a very small space. It's an open plan and the...