Paver style and pattern
longbeachjohn
Re-doing a pool deck and adding patio hardscape. Home is a modest spanish style stucco home in La Quinta, California. Would like pavers to be rustic and fitting for Spanish/Hacienda desert style. Considering Orco Mediterranean Tuscany but am wondering if there are better options. Photo of backyard and designer plan attached. Thanks for any ideas.
TanCalGal
I looked at the Orco site and the Mediterranean Cobble has a nice texture. The color you choose should blend with existing colors in the house: stucco, roof tile, pool tile & pool cement, and any existing pavers (cement etc) on patios or walkways.
It would be best to take cobble samples to your house and hold each sample next to the various colors that already exist in the house & pool & hardscapes. Choosing a color over the internet can be misleading.
From here, the Tuscany color looked purple and pink, the Sandstone pink and beige, the Chateau looked like old worn cement, the Manor looked like new cement, the Orcotta looked like terra cotta. Post more photos of your house & pool tile and take your time choosing the paver color.
July 7, 2013 at 9:50AM      Thanked by longbeachjohn
longbeachjohn
OK, thank you TanCalGal, I have attached more images. I have decided to replace the existing tile back patio with pavers. Fireplace/BBQ area will remain a beige ceramic tile. Fireplace will eventually be restuccoed.
July 7, 2013 at 12:33PM   
TanCalGal
The plan seems fabulous. Looking at the pool cement + blue pool tiles and the house patio, I think the Chateau will blend better than Tuscany. I would bring stone home and see how they blend. Private Residence II 1 Carson Poetzl, Inc.

I like your look of trunks (vine stems) exposed against the wall. I'd remove a few more leaves to expose the trunks a little more.

Stucco fireplace inspiration photos Private Residence II 2 Carmel, California Design Build: RSF Early works
July 7, 2013 at 6:21PM   
What's the hardest thing to clean in your house?
Surely there is something in your house that involves...
Help! Bookcase, book shelf or cabinet?!
Hi! I need help with my living room wall... I am debating...
Should and can door hinges be painted?
Should I have had my hinges painted white like the...
Needs Sprucing Up
I would like to spruce up this area with maybe some...
Paint? Or not?
What should i do to update kitchen and family room?...