New build living room
jstrulo
Room size Aprox 14' by14' bay large windows to front arch opening up to dining room which is a traditional room , would like to go more contemporary for living room , any ideas for layout , colors , decor , flooring , moldings , greatly appreciated
Terracegallery
You have a clean slate....what are your tastes in colors? Wood? Metal? Are you planning on putting some nice contemporary art on your walls? If so, please look over my gallery.....it might also inspire you for a theme fro your room. :) http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/1-sharon-cummings.html?tab=artworkgalleries
July 7, 2013 at 8:02AM   
Scope of work requires hiring a designer.
July 7, 2013 at 9:43AM   
Duplicate post - please combine all pix under your original post and delete the duplicate. Use comment box and then Attach Images button to keep all your dilemma together under one thread.
July 7, 2013 at 9:48AM   
carolins
I'd suggest you start two ideabooks (at least) here on Houzz. One for your dining room and one for your living room. Browse through the photo section and add photos of rooms that you like to your ideabooks. It will give you an idea of what you'd like for your rooms and us, or a designer you hire perhaps, an idea of your taste and wishes.
July 7, 2013 at 9:49AM     
carolins
deco, there's only one post about this under the poster's name????
July 7, 2013 at 9:50AM   
carolins -don't know what happened but I had answered this poster's dilemma hours before on another thread and it isn't here. Both were on their page when I noted the duplicate. They probably decided to follow my directions, and deleted the one where I had already posted an extensive comment. Oh, well! How can Houzz avert these double posted threads? It certainly makes for confusion and new posters just panic when they can see their post of the first few pages. Then they don't know that a simple comment will bring them forward.
July 7, 2013 at 12:46PM   
carolins
@ decoenthusiaste: I know what you mean. I sometimes browse page 11 and further down to find unanswered dilemma's and 'bump' them. And do the same as you do when I find a duplicate post. I think that this post is also posted under another name. I did see the other one in the list quite a while after I read your comment here. Hmm... puzzling. Never mind :-)
July 8, 2013 at 6:34AM   
How much room is needed between cupboards and island?
Trying to put design on paper and not sure of what...
See if I can explain this???
I wish i had a pic but i failed to take one today while...
Ultra-modern style for empty Master Bedroom walls
Just got rid of Queen Anne mahogany poster bedroom...
Great room decorating ideaa
Area to work with is 11 x 16 with some leeway. As you...