What to do to soften this edge
Catt
Plantings,stairs, not sure what to do
marybyrne
What is that space used for and a few more pictures of the yard would be helpful.
July 7, 2013 at 10:37am   
Catt
Multiple uses. We had my daughters pool there today. That is why it is wet in the pic. We've had the bistro set there in the evening and the kids draw hop scotches and play there. I will try to take more pics later
July 7, 2013 at 10:42am   
Terri Tucker
Build a pergola over the whole slab. Plant running vines of some kind at each corner. Add a water feature in the existing bed. Drape Sheer, light fabric on pergola to soften look. Maybe a fire pit in the middle. Put soft lighting around the top/inside of the pergola, place your furniture, and enjoy a very peaceful space! :) By the way, if you are deflating the pool after every use, I would put the pool on the grass; it will softer for the children :)
July 7, 2013 at 11:03am        Thanked by Catt
Catt
I like your idea. Really didn't want to spend a lot. Had a doubled up tarp under the pool to give some padding. It was only on there because we had the bounce house in the grass for a party.
July 7, 2013 at 11:18am   
Terri Tucker
Hey Catt, I completely understand the budget thing. I would probably stain the slab and then continue the beds around the edges. This should help to blend everything together:)
July 8, 2013 at 7:18am     
POLL: Tiny Houses - Yes or No?
Do you see tiny houses and long to pitch your belongings...
Is natural cherry a bad idea fot kitchen cabinets?
I am having a really hard time deciding on cabinets....
Reposting possible lighting layout
If anyone could please give an opinion on the attached...
dining room
How should I decorate this dining room?
i need guidance on what should be placed on top of the kitchen island.
The kitchen island has a marble top, right know i have...